Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 07-01-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Howdy to all the new members and keep posting as much as you need to get through this friday night. Fridays are also pretty tough for me, but I made it through with my trusty bubbly la croix waters and nachos and ice cream. Hey it's only day 3 and I am definitely curing cravings with food for a while. Okay, I am exhausted and my baby has been sick, so I am sure she'll be waking me in a couple of hours. Time for tea and a book till I fall asleep. Happy Friday y'all. Positive thoughts and love to all those in need. Keep moving forward. 🌻
Old 07-01-2016, 11:45 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Checking in, another day. Sunny and feeling good.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:27 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Mr

checking in too, getting my boarding card for a 24hr trip to soberland.
6 days
Old 07-02-2016, 01:35 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to all you newcomers

D
Old 07-02-2016, 02:02 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

Welcome.

July is an exceptionally fashionable month to get clean and sober.

Just sayin'
Old 07-02-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chickenlady06 View Post
Howdy to all the new members and keep posting as much as you need to get through this friday night. Fridays are also pretty tough for me, but I made it through with my trusty bubbly la croix waters and nachos and ice cream. Hey it's only day 3 and I am definitely curing cravings with food for a while. Okay, I am exhausted and my baby has been sick, so I am sure she'll be waking me in a couple of hours. Time for tea and a book till I fall asleep. Happy Friday y'all. Positive thoughts and love to all those in need. Keep moving forward. ?df3b
Ditto on the cure. Junk food and lots of it.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I have 16 days. Posted here and there in june but was never very active. The past two days have been extremely rough with cravings so I'm joining july to post daily with you fine people.

sober 1-2 weeks/months - heavy drinking 1-3 weeks/months cycle for the past 5 years. Can you believe that? Five years of this nonsense.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Annnnnnnnnnnd back to day 1 again. I just can't seem to stay sober, since Im unemployed. I have no daily structure so I'm kinda just, well lost as to what to do. I guess I'll just wing it, hey it could be my new life motto.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Yesterday was a win/loose for me. It was supposed to be day 2 without drinking. Day 1 was relatively easy, but I knew yesterday was going to be hard being a day off and a full day planned with friends who would be drinking. The day was going great...until I thought "a couple beers won't hurt". Obviously I didn't stop at 2 beers. So that was the loose.
The win was I had this voice in the back of my head reminding me over and over again about all the stories I've read on here. So rather than have 15 drinks I was a lot more responsible. I'm not saying it was ok to have some beers, but the win for me was that I got to a point in the night where I said to myself, "you screwed up, but you don't have to have that next drink, or the 5 more that will follow that one. Stop now, and hit the reset button."
So, what should be my day 3 is now my day 1 again. And funny enough, I'm excited for another day without booze.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Checking in, feeling good obviously due it being my 6 months today.

Celebrating by eating anything and everything with a nice bottle of elderflower cordial and lemonade ( highly recommended for those who haven't tried it).

Bath and then watch the football later.

Loving this sober life, everything feels so easy and simple compared to the old days.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm really looking forward to living a 'boring sober life'.

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Doesn't sound boring at all, Chickenlady. Living a normal "boring" sober life feels amazingly great to me today.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'm in. Day One here.
That elderflower cordial and lemonade sounds lovely James90. How is it made? Or where can one find some?
And congratulations on six months into your new life! Your words are very inspirational!
Old 07-02-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberella66 View Post
I'm in. That elderflower cordial and lemonade sounds lovely James90. How is it made? Or where can one find some?
Depending on where you live ( I don't know if you're U.S or UK), it's called " green bottle" and yes there bottles are green so you cant miss them. They do loads of nice cordials and just add lemonade or soda water etc.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Ah yes I was able to figure out that you are in the UK and yes I'm in the US so I'll have to hunt around. I'm sure Whole Foods would have it. Whole Foods is a mega-sized Health Food chain here.

Originally Posted by James90 View Post
Depending on where you live ( I don't know if you're U.S or UK), it's called " green bottle" and yes there bottles are green so you cant miss them. They do loads of nice cordials and just add lemonade or soda water etc.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberella66 View Post
Ah yes I was able to figure out that you are in the UK and yes I'm in the US so I'll have to hunt around. I'm sure Whole Foods would have it. Whole Foods is a mega-sized Health Food chain here.
Yea I reckon most health food shops would sell it if you had look around. The winter berry one is also nice I found, and the lemongrass one is pretty decent.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gr...FkOqaaRJbwM%3A

If u you click on that link that's a photo of the bottle to help you with your search.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by 2Wheelterror View Post
Annnnnnnnnnnd back to day 1 again. I just can't seem to stay sober, since Im unemployed. I have no daily structure so I'm kinda just, well lost as to what to do. I guess I'll just wing it, hey it could be my new life motto.
winging it would be the last thing I do.

What about making up a recovery plan?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

I don;t know where you stand on meeting based approaches like AA (or others like SMART or Lifering) but that could be a step forward too, and help you with your time on your hands problem.

Volunteering in my community as also good for me. It got me out of the house, mixing with people and doing good...which in turn made me feel better about myself

D
Old 07-02-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ironhorse1 View Post
Yesterday was a win/loose for me. It was supposed to be day 2 without drinking. Day 1 was relatively easy, but I knew yesterday was going to be hard being a day off and a full day planned with friends who would be drinking. The day was going great...until I thought "a couple beers won't hurt". Obviously I didn't stop at 2 beers. So that was the loose.
The win was I had this voice in the back of my head reminding me over and over again about all the stories I've read on here. So rather than have 15 drinks I was a lot more responsible. I'm not saying it was ok to have some beers, but the win for me was that I got to a point in the night where I said to myself, "you screwed up, but you don't have to have that next drink, or the 5 more that will follow that one. Stop now, and hit the reset button."
So, what should be my day 3 is now my day 1 again. And funny enough, I'm excited for another day without booze.
Hi ironhorse - I hope you'll look at that link and the suggestions I gave 2wheelterror too.

I struggle to say this without being a downer but while I'm glad you didn't go overboard please don't let yourself be convinced at a later date that any amount of drinking is ok, or that this means you've learned some measure of control.

Both of those were assumptions I made at various times, in weak moments - and they cost me dearly.

Give no quarter to your enemy - no drinks ever

D
Old 07-02-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back soberella and welcome to any newcomers

D
Old 07-02-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi - just checking in.

I was remembering how bad I felt last 4th of July. Hungover, sick. Horrible. Won't be happening this year
Old 07-02-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2Wheelterror View Post
I'm feeling the same, unemployed and finding it hard to have a purpose. Let's keep trying.