Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 06-30-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome to everyone

Galaga the more you don't listen to what the voice tells you to do the less you'll hear it...it's going to bother you for a little while, but there's tons of support here

these are a few links I really think everyone should know about:

The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com
psst-wanna-know-why-im-always-recommending-recovery-plans.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html
D
Dee knows what's up. I was just reading these earlier when I was working on my own plan. Definitely check them out.

Now if only I could get my restless mind to sleep. I was sleeping at nine, then the hubs came in at ten, then some ***** shot off a bunch of fireworks and now my mind is wandering. It always happens this way, my brain starts to think through the path thatgot me here, past embarrasments, etc. For example, i have been trying to remember what took me from 28 days sober to drinking again. I know my aunt's death triggered it, but I don't remember the concious decision to buy two bottles of wine and down them in one setting, it just kind of happened. The alcoholic took control and I just totally let it. So, I'm absolutely going to stick to posting on here and doing my daily accountability, I think last time, I had gotten busy and stopped for a while. The past month is incredibly blurry, but this one won't be...as long as I can get some sleep. Maybe now that all that is off my chest, I can shut down. Thanks for listening, it's comforting to know that this place is here and I can toss my thoughts out into the world and unload a bit.
Y'all unload right back, I'll be back tomorrow to read and be here for anyone I can. It's all part of the process.
🌻
Old 07-01-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm in

six days sober, I was a weekend binge drinker so tonight will be my hardest night. Trying to allow myself to rest and stay focused on my goal of getting drinking out of my life again. Giving myself permission to rest is turning out to be the hardest part for me..
Old 07-01-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome effortjoy

D
Old 07-01-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by effortjoy View Post
six days sober, I was a weekend binge drinker so tonight will be my hardest night. Trying to allow myself to rest and stay focused on my goal of getting drinking out of my life again. Giving myself permission to rest is turning out to be the hardest part for me..
I'm with you! Tonight will be my hardest. We'll do it together. We're stronger than we think. Keep thinking of how incredibly nice it is to wake up without a hangover, refreshed, not needing naps, and able to actually enjoy the nice day (not wasting it ). You've got this!
Old 07-01-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good morning!

We shall be off to the lake for a few hours today. I will be working the rest of the weekend so going to get out today and enjoy it.

The only thing messing it up is this headache I've had for 2 days. So far today its bearable but last night it was awful..

Hope you al; enjoy your day!
Old 07-01-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yesterday was my day 1. Other than some pretty bad cravings mid day everything was pretty good...even when sitting around the campfire last night and everyone was drinking I didn't get that uncontrollable urge I normally would have. So I thought...huh, maybe this will be easier than last time I quite for a while. Waking up this morning without a hangover is nice, but for some reason the urge to drink is in high gear. Maybe it's knowing that I have the day off work and I'm going to be outside in the sunshine with people who will probably be knocking back a few cold ones?
Old 07-01-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Make sure you're not hungry and stay hydrated, Ironhorse. Those are easy triggers to miss but also easy to fix. Keep a non-alcoholic drink in your hand as much as possible. If the thoughts won't go away, maybe go take a walk in that sunshine by yourself, get away from the drinkers for a bit. Post in here once a minute also if that's what it takes. Build those accountability muscles! Wishing you the best...
Old 07-01-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Mr

i'm on board too.
i too would like to thank the regulars who post.
very helpful the 24hr connection thread and now this one.

Managed to get through a work party today. Could nearly cry with happiness. Was climbing the walls with anxiety this morning, sweat, dizzy... at 11h30 this morning gmt+1 they were serving flutes of champagne and kirs for the apperitif then a lakeside party all afternoon with beer and wine. Now 18h00 at home, sober and clean... watching Frozen with my daughter
Old 07-01-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Just stopping by to say Hi to this awesome July class!

What a wonderful time to get clean and sober! As we celebrate Americas freedom and independence this weekend, we can also celebrate our freedom from booze and drugs!
Xo
Old 07-01-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Just stopping by from the June class to wish everyone luck! Stay strong and reach out here anytime you need to. It has helped me tremendously!! Looks like a great class!
Old 07-01-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Make sure you're not hungry and stay hydrated, Ironhorse. Those are easy triggers to miss but also easy to fix. Keep a non-alcoholic drink in your hand as much as possible. If the thoughts won't go away, maybe go take a walk in that sunshine by yourself, get away from the drinkers for a bit. Post in here once a minute also if that's what it takes. Build those accountability muscles! Wishing you the best...
Thanks for the encouragement and ideas. Definitely having something non-alcoholic in my hand helps things feel a little more normal when everyone else has a drink in their hand.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:19 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by Ironhorse1 View Post
Thanks for the encouragement and ideas. Definitely having something non-alcoholic in my hand helps things feel a little more normal when everyone else has a drink in their hand.
This was true for me in the early weeks after quitting. I had a diet coke with me at all times (maybe not the healthiest choice but better than booze!)

I just want to add this: make your class your safe place. My December '14 class was my anchor during the first year of my sobriety. We were there for each other no matter what and it made a huge difference!

If you want to quit drinking for good, it is totally doable! And I can tell you from the other side....it is soooo worth fighting through the cravings and feelings and all the icky stuff to get your life back!
Xo
Old 07-01-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Well, haven't been posting in a while and you know what that means. Feeling like crap, but another day 1 has begun. Hop it will be the last.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Mr

hope so too getSmart.
Least you came back.
I came back on monday after 3 months.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi all, stay close. Stay sober.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I am joining today. Hope everyone manages to make the changes necessary for us all to continue together.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to SR, HeadingtoChange. Hope you'll become an active participant here. Doing so has made all the difference in my own recovery.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi all!! Hi 2wheel.... Glad not the only one who flunked out. Let's get this fixed. I'm determined. My circumstances have changed a bit and am likely going to wind up in a small, boring office, which is good for now as the utter chaos of my current one is hard to deal with.

Anyway.... I'm back. And keeping trying.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Ok everyone..... I'm back again. It seems every time I try to quit for ever after, it gets harder. Made redundant from work in Dec 15, and I've been falling down the never ending rabbit hole since then. Drinking from noon or whenever I get out or bed or get my chores in town done.
I go to my first addiction counselling session (for this attempt) on Tuesday. So I'm MAKING TODAY MY DAY ONE!
I thought the first day of July would be it, but going to make it the second.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

2 years later, I had forgotten my screen name; today I . . .

tried to log on, and had to be reminded.

When it came back "July1," I hooted! I hope it's a sign.

I was here two years ago, made some good strides, then set it aside during a custody battle/divorce. I feel ready today, and will pray.