View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
KarenOskie

Me too! I don't know how many classes I've been in. I would get depressed if I tried counting them.
Day four here. Very tired tonight, but not wanting a drink. Grateful for that!
I have a long way to go.

My stay sober plan is:

1) Ask God every morning to keep me sober that day

2) Put anything I can't control and is worrying me in a box I call my God Box, and remembering it's there every time I start to worry about it. Mostly people who hurt my feelings (sensitivity is one of my worst problems). Also alcohol is in my God Box and I have to go take it out of the Box if I decide to drink (it's just a piece of paper with 'alcohol' written on it)

3) Call and talk to at least one person from AA every day. It took only three calls to get someone to answer tonight and it was a great conversation.

4) Go to a meeting most days. I can not go if I really, badly need a night off and went the night before,

5) Read and post here once a day at least

6) Eat healthy, don't get hungry, drink lots of fluids all day, especially right before I leave work, since that's my trigger time.

7) Start working the steps, fire my sponsor if she won't work them with me. I'm starting with step Zero, without a sponsor, because I think it's important for me to figure out what I've done wrong up to this point that makes me keep relapsing.

9) Thank God every night for keeping me sober that day.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. I am determined to stick to this!

If anyone has any ideas of things I left off or any comments or help with the plan I've come up with, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks all!