Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 25

Old 03-21-2016, 08:37 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi Peeps.......I couldn't stay away

I'm still sick!!!! Went to urgent care again yesterday & they prescribed a new antibiotic. So ridiculous......has been a month now.

So I applied for a job at a very nice retirement community a couple of months ago & have gone & checked in a couple of times....they called me for an interview week before last & I was hired as Front Desk Concierge. I started training last week. This will be Sat & Sunday only working early am & off by 3:00. I'll still be available during the week to clean. This is independent living community & I really love talking with the residents, which is basically what my job is Sweet!!!!

I have my appt this week with new medical doc & will be requesting he refer me to mental health unit there for councilling. That is another reason I took this weekend position....some steady income but I will be able to make appointments around my cleaning jobs.

Sounds like you all are busy, love hearing about the different projects I started yard work a few days ago while the weather was good.....I have a lot to do & reminded myself to "take it easy" & that I don't have to kill myself to get it done.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Good stuff Mariah!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Administrator

awesome mews mariah

D
Old 03-21-2016, 09:14 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Ok, maybe it's just me but, between Dee's avatar and the "mews" I just cracked up.

Great news Mariah and take care of yourself.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:20 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Meow
Old 03-21-2016, 10:06 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm tired today LOL

D
Old 03-21-2016, 10:20 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Y'all crack me up, ....Up. Awesome feline muse mews

Wow, ...that schedule will work perfectly Mariah !
I really like working weekends for the same reasons,.....

Hope the new meds will help soon.

Still plunking along on the skiff today,.... finally ground the remaining rust off the hook on the wench and sprayed several coats. I'm slowly getting a design vision of a few modifications to simplify the center console and make it more usable.
There's this Coast Guard radio sitting there that I have no plans on ever using , since I'm too chicken to go offshore in such a little boat. I've only been offshore twice in a bigger boat years ago and got a little seasick both times. That dang radio , along with the little microphone on a coiled chord just bugs me ,....along with the 4 ft. antenna !?
That thing is history !

We have these new fangled cell phones to call 911 now. That's my kind of radio. Oh, and this used skiff came with an old GPS and depth finder that stopped working a couple years ago too. Thankfully , like PC's,...the price of replacing it has really come down the last 10 years.

We have a 7 foot tide change here, ..so it's kind of handy to see when the water gets too shallow,....which happens a lot at lower tides actually. And the oyster beds are everywhere.
It's worked surprisingly well to screw the body of an old composite scrub brush backwards on the end of a telescoping pole pushing off really shallow spots. .

Izzy, those old trucks have a nice look. Have you ever driven a vehicle from that era? ,..... it's easy for me to take the suspension and steering of the later model cars for granted sometimes. Quit the difference at 75 mph on your long Texas roads.

There's some. old cars'll make me start saying my prayers at 63 mph !
Give a new meaning to "shake, rattle, and roll."

I'm still wondering if Paul Elio is ever going to get that factory up and running down in Louisiana making the dorky little 3 wheeler. Was hoping to get a used one in several years to replace a scooter in cold weather.
Who needs a Harley anyway ?

Double dorky. I'll need a polka dot helmet next !?!
Old 03-22-2016, 04:20 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Tops, I love dorkiness, you can't beat it. Wearing a flowery helmet on a Harley, would be the heights of cool as far as I'm concerned
You sound like you're making great progress on the skiff.

I'm starting to see some results from my daily piano practice. I'm still learning "let it be" by the Beatles, admittedly it's slow progress as far as the music is concerned, but I'm actually enjoying playing now - which I haven't really been able to do in the past. It was always a bit of a torment for me.

It kind of shows how things which we avoid because we think we don't like them, can actually be quite enjoyable if we focus some attention on them.

Mariah, that's fabulous news about your job. It sounds like you'll enjoy that job. I'm happy to hear that you'll be getting some psychological support too, that will help no end I'm sure.

Izzy, we use a pump with an ultra violet light in the fish pond - it seems to keep the water clear really well. It might be worth considering?

Hope everyone's had a great start to their week.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

So glad you're back Mariah and great news about the job!sounds like the kind of job I would enjoy.

Free- thanks for the tip. I'm trying to avoid having to empty and scrub the pond(which would entail catching the fish?!)- we have a pump/little waterfall thing too. I'll look into the light trick

Tops- you crack me up with all your fixer upper tricks. And yes, a polka dot helmet sounds perfect. I have been in a truck like that but it was so updated that it probably only looked old. I do like the way the newer cars run ... But that would just be my fun truck- you know, my picnic on the tailgate while watching the sun set truck ... Or drive in movie truck ... Or drive across Texas and stop at bed and breakfasts truck ... Ok now I really want that truck

Dee-you're just flat out amazing. I'm always thinking "how does he just keep doing that? " Where does all of that patience come from?!

Have thought about you Up as my husband and I have been literally losing sleep over a situation at church ... Has put us in a difficult position...

Obo- hope you're surviving your work day ok

I love my fools! Wish we could hear you play, free-

it's a good day for a good day
Old 03-22-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

You still have drive in movies down there izzy?

I think the last one around here closed 15 years ago, if not longer.

Have a great day Fools.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I have one cigarette left and have decided that today is the day I quit. I'm not sure of the best way to go about this though. I have smoked about a pack a day for what seems like forever.
If any of you have successfully quit, I welcome any suggestions you may have.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm one of those annoying cold turkey guys Up - wish you the best tho

D
Old 03-22-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Me too UP....

The EASYWAY is what I'm going with...... based on nicotine addiction addiction, 3 weeks and 99% is out of your system.
Cant be smoker anymore, starting to feel it!
I've got the fear over quiting though,,bigtime!

Nearly Easter holidays.............!

Addiction its all the same stuff isn't it.......

Hope all are well!

stay tuned...............
Old 03-22-2016, 11:47 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Up- yep a drive in and good luck!
Old 03-23-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Great decision UP and Obo!

I've heard its tough in the beginning, but the benefits are immeasurable. You can do this!

One day at a time.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Well ... I failed with the cigarettes today. Some really hard and stressful things going on right now. I might not be around much for a while.

Just wanted to let you all know. I won't use or drink ... God knows that I want to but know it won't help and would surely make things worse.

Take care everyone.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

How's the foundation coming along Freein ?

Izzy,.....have you started a *57 Chevy savings plan* this week ?

I am so bushed this evening. Started early on a few projects that were throwing up roadblocks every hour it seemed.

All in all, a good day , I guess.
Cooking , snack'in, .. dinners almost done,

......................... and not the least bit hungry !?

Probably time for a late nap,....at 8pm.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:46 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep trying UP

D
Old 03-23-2016, 10:53 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

UP, sorry you're going through a tough time. It's times like this that you might need the support at SR more than ever? As far as "failure" with the smoking is concerned -the only failure is when you stop trying. Of course it will take several attempts, that's to be expected, but YOU CAN DO THIS, I have every confidence in you. You just need a bit of confidence in yourself.

I hope whatever's going on at the moment calms down soon.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:58 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Tops, we have to dig down a bit deeper, but we're definitely getting there. The weather is turning wet apparently, which is a bit of a nuisance. It's a long weekend this weekend, for the Easter holiday, so we were hoping to get lots done, but it will be difficult if it's raining too hard.
Enjoy your well deserved nap (8pm - I'm getting ready to go to bed for an 8 hour "nap")