Good night everyone ... hopefully.

Vaya con Dios
Old 02-23-2016, 11:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

4th.....
Old 02-24-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I will be going to the working interview at 2:00 today so glad to have the morning free to "get ready". I just talked to my new temporary sponsor...I've had a few now but feel that God may have put this one in my path yesterday as we have many things in common & to be working with someone who understands the extent of my anxiety, is huge to me. Anyway, going to do some meditation, Positive affirmations through headphones & keep the anxiety down as much as possible.

Hope you are all having a good day/evening. TS, I hope you are not dangling from a tree somewhere or have been confronted by the deer knowing your trying to fence them out
Old 02-24-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good luck this afternoon Mariah, I'm certain all will go well

It's been a lovely day here, I've almost finished digging over the veg plot. I'm excited about getting started with some seed sowing, but it's still a bit early. This is a fabulous time of year, the anticipation of a gloriously productive garden is a great motivator. The dreadful anticlimactic doesn't hit me until June, when everything's gone to pot, and I realise that, yet again, our meagre supply of produce will consist of a handful of beans and a dozen raspberries! All of which will be riddled with a variety of interesting weevils and rare plant diseases.

This really is a Labour of love.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

It is a Laubor of Love Freein sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day.

Working interview went really well & the owner asked me to come in in the am & meet with him. I really liked the feel of the office & the 3 women that I will be working with seem to be nice people.

So, I sat here this am & did my meditation & what not & was in a completely relaxed state & decided to check my email in case Niece replied to the letter her Dad asked me to send to her in jail (she did not respond after the one I sent & the one he sent, asking that she please go to treatment) but there it was today, a mean letter to my brother & my relaxed state went out the window in about 15 seconds & I was seathimg mad at her. I replied to her that I'm sure she didn't expect but the girl needs to hear & maybe think about while she has a clean mind but she is just so full of anger & hate at her Dad, the one person who loves & cares for her most in the world. I told her that & that he will not always be here & you never know when that time will come & she would think about how she wants to treat him while he is here. Now I'm just trying to let go as best I can. My heart just breaks for my Brother.

now to fix some dinner
Old 02-24-2016, 09:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Good luck with the garden this year free, hopefully this year will be better.

Sounds like the new job might be a good fit Mariah. I hope it works out.
Your niece is probably angry about being in jail and going through withdrawal so she will want to lash out. Hopefully things will improve with time.

Have a good night / day everyone.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad all is going well guys

D
Old 02-24-2016, 11:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Great to hear it went well on the interview front, Mariah. It's going to take a while for your niece to take responsibility and stop blaming everyone else for her situation. I hope she gets the professional help she needs. This could be the making of her in the long term.

This week off work has done me the world of good. I feel so well rested, and peaceful. I love having plenty of time alone, it seems to rejuvenate me. I'm really very introverted, although other people seem surprised to hear that when I tell them. I think, in the past I've put on a good "act". I'm beginning to accept and respect my own limitations, and that's making a huge difference to my overall happiness.

Just over 22 months sober, and loving it!
Old 02-24-2016, 11:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go freein

D
Old 02-25-2016, 05:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great going on 22 months Freein!!! You are doing wonderful & so glad you are here i understand about being an introvert & how sometimes you feel your acting a part.

After some prayer & thought I have decided it is not in my best interest to take this position. I need to get a grip on the anxiety issue before I can move forward. I've put some things in place now to deal with that & I think sticking with the cleaning for now will best allow me to get to councilling & AA. I do need to get my butt out there though & drum up a bit more business. i have jobs the next 2 days.

Son & I both felt cold coming on last night so I took some emergenC, but woke feeling like someone's stomped on my head, scratchy throat. Going to go take some IBprophen & see if I can rest some more....going to be a busy day
Old 02-25-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Congratulations on 22 months free, we are closing in on the 2 year mark.

I hope feel better soon Mariah.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hope that cold doesn't get a hold Mariah. It sounds like you've come to decision about the job front. Sometimes just making a decision, although difficult, will be like a weight off our shoulders. Hope you feel better soon.

I've just spent an hour and a half concocting the most disastrous dinner in the history of the planet. I don't know how it's turned out so awful! It was meant to have been a tempeh Bolognese, I've made it before and it was palatable, but this time I'm too horrified to dish it up to my OH who's been working all day, probably looking forward to a nice hot meal. Half way through I did a taste test, realised something was dreadfully wrong, then made the common mistake of adding more ingredients to disguise the taste. So now I'm faced with a huge pot of the fowl stuff. I can't face throwing away all that food, so I've decided to freeze it in single portions and eat through it myself bit by bit, as a kind of masochistic penance.

So it'll be a lentil stew tonight instead, not very creative but at least there's a chance we'll survive!

Hope everyone's looking forward to something good to eat tonight, spare a thought for those of us who are "culinarily challenged".
Old 02-25-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I can understand not wanting to throw food away but, it sounds like it is going to take a long time to eat it all by yourself.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

That's for sure UP, a long, long, long, long time.... perhaps the freezer will break and I'll get a reprieve.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Maybe there's not enough room in the freezer for it.