View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 10:20 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
topspin

Y'all crack me up, ....Up. Awesome feline muse mews

Wow, ...that schedule will work perfectly Mariah !
I really like working weekends for the same reasons,.....

Hope the new meds will help soon.

Still plunking along on the skiff today,.... finally ground the remaining rust off the hook on the wench and sprayed several coats. I'm slowly getting a design vision of a few modifications to simplify the center console and make it more usable.
There's this Coast Guard radio sitting there that I have no plans on ever using , since I'm too chicken to go offshore in such a little boat. I've only been offshore twice in a bigger boat years ago and got a little seasick both times. That dang radio , along with the little microphone on a coiled chord just bugs me ,....along with the 4 ft. antenna !?
That thing is history !

We have these new fangled cell phones to call 911 now. That's my kind of radio. Oh, and this used skiff came with an old GPS and depth finder that stopped working a couple years ago too. Thankfully , like PC's,...the price of replacing it has really come down the last 10 years.

We have a 7 foot tide change here, ..so it's kind of handy to see when the water gets too shallow,....which happens a lot at lower tides actually. And the oyster beds are everywhere.
It's worked surprisingly well to screw the body of an old composite scrub brush backwards on the end of a telescoping pole pushing off really shallow spots. .

Izzy, those old trucks have a nice look. Have you ever driven a vehicle from that era? ,..... it's easy for me to take the suspension and steering of the later model cars for granted sometimes. Quit the difference at 75 mph on your long Texas roads.

There's some. old cars'll make me start saying my prayers at 63 mph !
Give a new meaning to "shake, rattle, and roll."

I'm still wondering if Paul Elio is ever going to get that factory up and running down in Louisiana making the dorky little 3 wheeler. Was hoping to get a used one in several years to replace a scooter in cold weather.
Who needs a Harley anyway ?

Double dorky. I'll need a polka dot helmet next !?!