Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 3

Old 01-24-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi ChickChick - welcome

just wondering - what kinds of things get you drinking again?

D
Good question. Last night I think it was some anxiety over things that I've been feeling guilty about coupled with my nights plans getting changed and being a bit lonely.
But honestly it feels like anything and everything triggers me.
I need to slow down when AV starts talking. Most of the time I think to hell with it I'll just go get some beer.

I've got lots of thinking to do.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

ok well after my strange post last nite about feeling pathetic, well i did feel that way but the wife came round today again with the dog (she took her last nite) and left her here we had a good talk her aunt came too for support and i really felt some positive vibes which is fantastic. i know she cares for me and i know she wants me to get and stay clean u kno? anyway just wanted to share the good news and im finally able to manage a smile for the first time in a week - oh by the way today is exactly a week sober (well, tonight it will be) so im pretty stoked on making it this far, god knows i havent since i was 16! hope i keep on this path im looking forward to a life without alcohol but am scared about socializing without it. anxiety is still pretty bad but got a serious downgrade after this afternoons chat with her.....thanks guys hope you have taken some positives from this weekend also
Old 01-24-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I've posted here, but I've been lurking! I would like to join your class.
It's just soooo exhausting being an alcoholic. I'd rather use the energy for recovery than keeping up this insane lifestyle. I'm just done with it. But I do need help. This site helped me get sober for a month last year, now I want to beat my score!
I want to love myself again. I'll use my superpowers for good instead of evil.
Looking forward to going through this journey with you all.
Enjoy your day!
Old 01-24-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

This thread sure does move fast. I'm reading most days but not posting. I don't really have much interesting to say. I love the support that everyone is giving though. Everyone is fighting this battle together.
I'm day 21 today. It's amazing on day 1 you think it's impossible to even make it past the first few days, then time speeds up.
Have a lovely week everyone! X

Last edited by Shantilove; 01-24-2016 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-24-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Welcome newest classmates, Dickensen, ChickChick, Ironwoman, VirginiaWoof and SandyO! I’m looking forward to getting to know you and others in this very large class.

ChickChick, one day at a time begins with Day 1, you’ll get through this!

Bandi, could you put a lock on the cellar door with hubby having the only key? If it were me, I would request a big padlock and a safety door!

Congratulations on 30 days illi.

Congrats on 2 weeks, SiS! You are really working the program; I’ve followed your threads and applaud your recovery successes. Safe travels tomorrow!

Congratulations on 1 week, Whathaveidone, and on the opening dialog with your wife! I really hope things keep improving with you and for you!

Congratulations on 3 weeks, Santilove, I agree with you, that first week it seemed like there were 48 hours in a day, now time is moving along at full steam!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:11 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Virginia Wolf, I remember seeing you here previously. I've had the same success, more or less, so i get it! Give yourself a hug for trying. Again. No matter how many times it takes, you're fighting. You cant win the fight of you don't try! You can do it!!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

thanks odelle hope your doing well too =)
Old 01-24-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
Virginia Wolf, I remember seeing you here previously. I've had the same success, more or less, so i get it! Give yourself a hug for trying. Again. No matter how many times it takes, you're fighting. You cant win the fight of you don't try! You can do it!!
Thank you xx
Old 01-24-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

"Hope i keep on this path im looking forward to a life without alcohol but am scared about socializing without it. "

I hear ya, whathavei. I'm trying to remember how much more scared I felt after a black out night where I don't know what I did. Better to be feel awkward for being sober somewhere than totally embarrassed after being drunk somewhere. Play the tape, play the tape
Old 01-24-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Indeed strangeangel, there is nothing worse than waking up from a black out after being out with friends and acquaintances and feeling mortified about what possibly went on, I would take feeling socially awkward over that feeling any day.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Good question. Last night I think it was some anxiety over things that I've been feeling guilty about coupled with my nights plans getting changed and being a bit lonely.
But honestly it feels like anything and everything triggers me.
I need to slow down when AV starts talking. Most of the time I think to hell with it I'll just go get some beer.

I've got lots of thinking to do.
I really recommend this link -

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

there's some great stuff about identifying triggers and working on alternative ways to deal with them, Chick

D
Old 01-24-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Day 7 ends with insomnia. Might have something to do with a mid day nap. Managed to watch the AFC and NFC football championship games without my AV showing up. I did chicken out and just watch at home instead of a party or sportsbar setting. At least I'll remember who won in the morning. lol
Old 01-24-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
Ugh, just lost my post :-(

Day 5 and feeling good. Still fatigued but am going to make an appointment with my doc and see what she thinks. I may need to up my fibro meds as the aches and pains are ever present.

Amazing evening yesterday. Got a call from my grandson asking if I wanted to go out for dinner. How nice to Not be passed out on the sofa and have to tell him "Grandma is sick". The sushi was amazing!

Going to read some posts. Hope everyone can stay on track today!
Love love love this!! What an awesome Grandma. Keep it up
Old 01-24-2016, 07:30 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Stressful day, but I am sober.
Thinking of you guys.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:30 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Just checking in again today. seems most of the posts are from a different time zone when i am sleeping as there are few people on here when i am posting. Never-less i hope you are all coping well with your prospective recoveries.

Have a great day everyone. (or night if that's the case)
Old 01-24-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Still here and still sober. You know how they say withdrawal gets more severe everytime you do it....well I found out the hard way it's true. Thankfully I didn't die or go crazy yesterday....despite the bumblebees inside me! I'm feeling ok today....not seeing things anymore.....that was pretty crazy.
Checked into the chat room last night....what an awesome place to go and lots of support. I am in awe of everyone in our class, you are such an awesome group and I am grateful to be part of it.
I have a question...we have an AA meeting in town tonite but I live in a very very small country town and have a job that holds a lot of status. I really really want to go to a meeting but am so worried that it will get out in town that I'm an alcoholic and then my job will be affected. It's a very clicky town and I would hate for that to happen. Has anyone had any negative experiences going to a meeting and then people who attended betraying the anonymity and talking outside the group?
Old 01-24-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
not a greeter

What time zone are you in Pedro? I'm usually in the Twilight Zone : no matter what time it is . Hi, in real time if you're still on.

Mish, I see you've liked a bunch of posts. How are you feeling?

Hi to all the new peeps... though you're all pretty new to me still.

Training was team building and gathering the whole place together tonight. Fun, fun, fun. I hope tomorrow is as fun. So far, so good. Have a good night peeps.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Slowly slowly on the mend Gypsy xxx
Old 01-24-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Stressful day, but I am sober.
Thinking of you guys.
It is good to hear from you Patricia. I have thought about you today and wondered how you are fairing with the trauma. Good for you for staying sober and toughing out tough circumstances. Hugs to you.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Still here and still sober. You know how they say withdrawal gets more severe everytime you do it....well I found out the hard way it's true. Thankfully I didn't die or go crazy yesterday....despite the bumblebees inside me! I'm feeling ok today....not seeing things anymore.....that was pretty crazy.
Checked into the chat room last night....what an awesome place to go and lots of support. I am in awe of everyone in our class, you are such an awesome group and I am grateful to be part of it.
I have a question...we have an AA meeting in town tonite but I live in a very very small country town and have a job that holds a lot of status. I really really want to go to a meeting but am so worried that it will get out in town that I'm an alcoholic and then my job will be affected. It's a very clicky town and I would hate for that to happen. Has anyone had any negative experiences going to a meeting and then people who attended betraying the anonymity and talking outside the group?
I was just asking how you were and here you are. Good, sounds like you're doing better. I don't have an answer to your question based on experience. Just personal opinion. AA is supposed to be anonymous right? Theoretically if someone saw you there wouldn't they be there for the same reason? No one is at fault for getting themselves well. Why would they cause your job to be affected. Doesn't make sense to me. Though, I'm here for a reason too so what do I know. Maybe you can go to a meeting in a different town? I like to try meetings where ever and whenever my friend can get me to one. I go where he goes and it's usually beneficial although we do like to compare and we do like some more than others and... we laugh about the ones we dislike and why . Like Monday morning quarterbacking of AA meetings lol. Don't be worried, just find one and go!