Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 3

Old 01-24-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Afternoon, folks. Today's a better day.

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Hi Thump,
As much as I truly feel that my ex husband gave up on me, I know my drinking caused me to behave in ways I am truly embarrassed about, and they affected my marriage.
The drinking was there to mask an almost unbearable amount of pain and having a relationship was just not healthy.
It's the only way. Putting down the bottle and organizing your thoughts and feelings here and starting from the small seed of your own wellbeing will certainly ripple out over time to create better patterns. And love will be welcomed.
Yeah, I don't blame her for her skepticism. I don't blame her for walking away, if that's what she's doing. I need to walk my own road, anyway.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lulu212 View Post
Morning all,

Up early today - guess this is my new sleeping pattern. It's day 19 or 20 for me today. The longest period of sobriety I've had since 2005 when I was a non-drinker.

I'm trying to get the motivation to go downstairs to the gym and I think I might go to church after. I haven't been to church in years and I just like the time out to breathe. Plans with my Mom this afternoon and then wrap it all up for another sober day.

Tomorrow starts a big week for me, I have five interviews lined up. As you guys might remember, I quit a big deal job before the holidays when I was on a bender. It's time for me to start working again, I just need to pick the right job ... We'll see if any of these are it and if any of them want me.

Enjoy ur day!
Good luck, Lu!
Old 01-24-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Day 24 for me!

Wow this Jan. class thread moves fast! And so glad to be a part of it and here with you all.

Checking in after taking care of some long neglected projects and then off for some exercise. Yeah--always feel better after moving my body-

Mish - That's a horrible feeling (bees in your head?) When I felt like that I drank tons of water and moved my body any which way (even if in the beginning it was walking around the house or the yard) to move out those toxins. Take care of yourself, stay sober and believe it or not, you will feel good one day!

Olivia - I think Odelle covered the Sleepytime tea. Your tea also sounds good! The ST tea has chamomile and valerian--can help anxiety and definitely helps me sleep. The vitamins are Doctors Choice 45+ for Women (there goes my age:-) but sure any good quality one will do. I like these because the organic glide formula helps the big tablets go down.

Odelle - Yep, sounds like we are pretty much on the same path with our clean eating. I like the idea of green smoothies and will have to check out your supplement that started with an L.

Gypsy - I love that your bf googled withdrawal symptoms! Good for him. And good on pouring out the beer. I missed that last night --thought you found it and left it alone (which is also a major move!)

So here's my 'pouring out the beer' story. Wish I could pour out an entire wine cellar. Yep, Mr. B is a wine aficionado plus it's stocked with hard liquor. He has of course noticed that I'm not drinking during dinner but he thought I was doing it for health/weight reasons.

So last week I came clean. Here's an abbreviated (tongue in cheek but true) version:
Me - I'm an alcoholic and can never ever drink again.
Mr. B. - Hmmm....hmmm...I know you drink heavily but I never realized it was that serious.
Me - Yep, it's very serious. Life or death serious.
Mr. B. - Well, I'll support you any way I can. What can I do?
Me - Empty the wine cellar and never bring alcohol into the house.
Mr. B. - Hmmmm....do you have an easier request? One I could actually do?

He heard me but he doesn't get it. I read in a few recent posts that other spouses also don't quite get it. But then, why should they unless they've walked in our shoes? My brother has been sober for several years and only now do I truly admire him for his strength and courage!

So I walk this minefield knowing that that One drink is always within reach. The one drink that will start that crazy train all over again And it's NOT happening!

Work on me first and take care of the minefield later (metaphorically speaking)

Wishing everyone a Sober Sunday
Old 01-24-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

I would like to join this thread. Today is Day 13. Thanks for your many helpful comments.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Great job, Dickensen!
Old 01-24-2016, 12:15 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Can I join you all again? Day 1, I am really beating myself up today. I am so sick of this.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:15 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Sunday Everyone!

Today is a good day! I'm feeling strong and positive I have a roast in the slow cooker, wood for a fire and no other plans.

Had a huge battle with my AV on Friday. It was my brothers 21st Birthday. It kept telling me 1shot... What would it hurt? The sneaky devil also tried to convince me that if I did drink who would even know? Nope- I have come to far to be tricked into thinking one drink would not lead to 15 more! It makes me said to think how long I let the AV be my own voice. Talk about split personalities!

I will be joining you Health Nuts soon! Lol with all this extra time I plan on getting healthy again. It is very incouraging to here what you all are doing!

Tomorrow will be 30 days! I have tears in my eyes when I type this. I have hope for the future again. There is no way I could of made it this far with out all of you! From the bottom of my heart... Thank you all so much!

I'm going to stick close because this is when I got over confident last time. This battle has been one but the war still rages on
Old 01-24-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Congrats Illi! I can't wait to celebrate 30. That's awesome.

Congrats to everyone else who is taking one minute, one hour and one day at a time sober.

Hugs!
Old 01-24-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Wow, some of you guys are coming up on a month! That's exciting!

Today is 2 weeks for me. Feeling very, very lucky...
Old 01-24-2016, 12:44 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Can I join you all again? Day 1, I am really beating myself up today. I am so sick of this.
Everyone is welcome here, ma'am.

There's no point recriminating against yourself. Get back on the bike and start pedaling.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Hi ChickChick. I am on day 7.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Morning my lovelies,

I'm off to work now but wanted to wish everyone a sober and Monday. Will be back online tonight to catch up on everything :-) hugs all round x
Old 01-24-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ChickChick - welcome

just wondering - what kinds of things get you drinking again?

D
Old 01-24-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Greetings from me on my Day 2. Welcome to the new folk, welcome back to those returning (as I did) and well-done to us all.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

hey guys, I'm going to join your group. I'm only on day 2. trying to make it stick - this is my 3rd time trying to get sober. my last stint lasted six months, and i've been off and on for the last nine months. Meaning, 7 days sober, 2 nights drinking. I'm making plans to be at meetings days 6, 7, and 8. I'll feel good if I can get to day 10. or 30.

I woke up after 9 hours of sleep, and got right to it. I felt good, clear headed.

I talked to my friend from detox. In the 2.5 years since we met there, there has only been 2 months where we've both been sober. We both have big plans to stick it this time, and are both planning to get back in the rooms. I need the support.

I have been packing for my round-the-world trip. I worked out for a couple hours. I hung out with my sister. And now, I'm going to binge watch "the Affair."

I'm grateful to have a long night to myself. And i'll remember it all.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Ironwoman

D
Old 01-24-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Man, day 16 is flying by. The game was incredibly intense. I am hoarse from cheering. Had I been drinking or using, I would have slept through the second half. Now, clean and sober, I feel vibrantly alive and proud as punch, of myself and my team.

Sobriety rocks.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Well, here we are again. 51 weeks since I first joined this site (Superbowl night). I did 6 weeks sober, mucked it up and having managed more than 2 days in a row since.

On Thursday the doctor signed me off work with depression - my fantastic son came with me for moral support - and referred me for talking therapy (my assessment is 1st Feb). There are two alcohol counselling services in the town. I've tried them both and in both cases they ended up with the counsellor telling me their problems.

Tomorrow I am going to go to my first AA meeting (looking at the - UK - time it is today). I know it's not for everyone but I may be one of those that it does. My son is going to come with me - it's an Open meeting - the first time partly as support on the day and partly so he can support me at home. I am VERY lucky with him.

So, I am now starting Day 1 (again). I've read back through here and and inspired by you all
Old 01-24-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back VW - let us know how the meeting goes
Old 01-24-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back VW - let us know how the meeting goes
Thank you, I will do.

I've spent the evening printing off useful articles and creating notes to pin up on the front door, keep in the car etc. With the time off work I can spend time reading the articles and take the time to let it actually sink in!!

(I've just got a Wi-Fi printer and being a techno-dunce to me it's like something from Harry Potter. That may be WHY I've printed so much off as I like sitting on the sofa pressing print and watching the printer on the other side of the room leap in to action .......... little things please little minds!!)