Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 45

Old 02-04-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I know - but I'm one of every other class too...I get around

D
Should never have let him have that scooter.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:38 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

All good points North! And great to hear from you x
Old 02-04-2016, 11:57 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

G'day north

D
Old 02-05-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hi Marcher's :-)
Old 02-07-2016, 01:13 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Ooh, it's gone very quiet here x
Old 02-07-2016, 01:43 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 02-07-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi Toots and Dee!

Yes, it has been quiet lately. We had another spell like this before and I was happy when it picked up again. Babs is away. I really enjoy it when North and DD pop in after a long absence. I think they are both solid so I don't worry too much. There are others I'd love to hear from, too. I miss Shoes' dancing bananas :-)
Old 02-07-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Oooh, be afraid. Be very afraid.

I, for one, am getting ready to go to the folks house. Super Bowl Party! Even taking a half day off work tomorrow so I don't have to rush back.

I scheduled a hike with my sister next weekend. She's gotten into hiking and may be up for some backpacking as long as I don't make it too hard. We're going to Panola Mountain. It's a state park centered around a granite monadnock near Atlanta.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Sounds really good, Trachy. You sound much more settled and happy?
Old 02-07-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

It's time for football!!!! Enjoy the game with your folks, Trach! At home watching with the fam. No booze being served but plenty of chili (vegetarian for me).

And must say, Gaga just nailed the Anthem
Old 02-07-2016, 10:35 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi guys all well in Tootsville but not much happening.
Enjoy the 'fitba'
Old 02-08-2016, 03:30 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marcher's!
Old 02-08-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

well Hellllooooooo to all of you Marchers!!! How's everyone doing? Just got back from a small trip and had a good time. Of course didn't have my computer so, could not keep in touch with you. I just want to say that I'm sitting tall In my chair and my feet planted on the ground ----and you say---Why? well, let me tell you------I didn't drink-- and I'm happy --- it feels good to be sober and you guys kept me that way----Hugs---

Babs-----
Old 02-08-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers It's another lovely day in Paradise, just how we usually have them. I hope you are all well, has North America recovered from the superbowl? I know nothing about it other than the ads cost a lot of money, in fact I think the ads are more important than the game?

Babs I'm glad you enjoyed your break but even gladder that you are enjoying being sober! You are sounding strong.

Sounds like our March marcher letter is a plan.

Trachy I have not heard the term " monadnock" before. It's obvious that it's some type of rock formation so I'll read up on it before I come back so I can dazzle you with my knowledge.

My new knitters can form a stitch! Yesterday we got together for an hour and they are off and flying -- with homework of course. I had forgotten how much teenage girls giggle, I had face ache when we were done.

We had a fabulous dinner out in Sydney on Saturday night. We met a couple of friends we haven't seen for a while and went to a restaurant on Darling Harbour (an arm of Sydney Harbour). This place has fabulous seafood so I was in my element but I was wishing for an ice bucket, for no reason other than it seems festive. So I asked for one and the waiter put my bottle of sparkling mineral water in it. And he brought me some sliced strawberries and lemon curls for my glass!

Have a good day peeps.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Marcher, sounds like you had a really lovely Saturday evening out :-). Great that your young knitters are having a good time while learning to do it!
Old 02-09-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Good Morning Marchers ! !
I'm on the sleepy side today and Had a terrible dream last night. and it was the usual one that I drank and it was soooo darn real. I was literally running with a bottle of whiskey and my nephew was trying to take it away. First of all I don't see this nephew very often and how he got into the picture is beyond me. I do have a funeral tomorrow and he will be there so, who knows maybe in the back of my mind I was thinking about him. Anyway---glad to wake up sober.
Whew----I can't tell you how happy I'm to be sober.
Have a good day everyone.
Hugs
Babs
Old 02-09-2016, 07:44 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

I used to have dreams where I was drinking also, its amazing how real they seem.

Still working lots of overtime.

Hope all is well
Old 02-09-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Marcher, I'm not much of a hat guy, but I've taken to wearing scarves here, so if you're students need a project, I'd be honored to wear one that you taught them to make!
Old 02-09-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from another lovely day in Paradise, the sky is a cloudless blue, the sun is shining down 27C and the humidity is down. Perfect!

Ken what a plan -- a scarf for you! I'll put that to the knitresses (as Mr Marcher calls them) as a possible project. Love it.

Babs those drinking dreams can seem awfully real can't they? I find my mind shouting "No no you don't drink anymore" but it makes no difference to the dream. However I think that it's some sort of evidence that our brains are learning new behaviour.

Trachy I loved looking up "granite monadnock ", it took me back decades, I'm not sure if it took me back to schooldays or early teaching days but it was a long time ago.

The granite monadnock is a isolated mountain composed of resistant rock surrounded by a peneplain. Now a hundred million years ago I knew what a peneplain was but it escapes me right now. There actually is a Mount Monadnock in New Hampshire.

There are other monadnocks as well, there is a particular mention of some in Georgia (yours?) which have an isolated species of Coreopis. I am such a nerd that I could go on and on about this but as half of you are asleep now I'll shut up.

How's that Trachy?

Have a good day all.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy soberversary Marcher and Ken

D