Notices

Class of December 2015

Old 12-05-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Welcome dreambig, forabetterlife, and selfrespect.

Yesterday was my first little test. A friend was gonna stop by for a minute with her kid to say hi. Well she brought another friend and a half gallon of captain morgan. A minute turned into three hours. I did not drink, and it was surprisingly easy. I'm guessing six months from now when I think I've got it kicked it will be a lot harder. So I've read on here anyway. Day 5 is almost over. The weekend should be easy as I am helping the in-laws move. That part of the family does not drink. Goodnight everyone. Have a happy and sober Saturday.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Welcome to our newcomers....may the force be with you. Well done on yesterday unique, you made light of a tough test. In fact, well done to the whole group, we are doing GREAT!
Start of day 6 here (I am an expat in Asia). Had a lovely day yesterday. Lunch with my son when I would usually still be in bed sleeping it off (but saying I am catching up after a busy week). Then dinner with my wife and a movie afterwards. One of those happy days when you remind yourself what life is really about. Simple pleasures. Hard to describe my feelings watching my son making a total mess of eating some chilli pasta. Let's just say it strengthened my resolve to get it right this time and stay dry.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Selfrespect View Post
I'm joining the class. This is my first time quitting. Today is Day 1.
Welcome self respect. It can also be your last. Many come here determined to stop drinking and succeed first time. Don't believe for one second that you need to try and fail many times before you succeed. The easiest time for you to quit is right now.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Been so busy today almost forgot to check in. Day 4. Grateful I was able to help the fam with all of the holiday decorations and lights.. rather than be hungover on a Saturday. Whether its a binge or a one nighter the next days or day after either isn't worth it. Stay sober Saturday night everyone! *HUGS
Old 12-05-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheRake View Post
Waking up with no hangover and appreciating it.....

Like a natural animal....

I had zero cravings last night...until.....

1) I allowed a girl that I was seeing a while back to bother me (yes she didn't bother me....I allowed her to bother me...that's responsibility for my experience .)
Bang! EMOTIONS now a "craving" or a reaction brewing......damn I better feel what I'm feeling.....I did. This is key for me. When I don't allow myself to feel....bang conflicted and contorted emotions then give the impression of craving or a need to escape. I felt what I was feeling and let it go, no big deal

....and I had to remind myself of the rule: BACK YOU CAN'T GO! That rule is there for a reason....you can't go back because there is too much bloodletting and resentment. You can't go back because there is only now and the future. Time to run a TIGHT SHIP again Mr Rake. Back you can't go....ever.

2) A friend texted and asked me if I was planning on going out: Bang! HABIT the little thought....well I could delay this until after the weekend....well I could delay this until after Christmas......NO! NO! NO! I'm waking up fresh tomorrow! and I'm tired of rewriting the days in my agenda....I already got too far ahead of myself last time and I had to cross out in my diary "day 52" and that pissed me off!!! NO, I'm staying in.....me time, alone time, introspection...

emotions and habit.

My thoughts for the day

Have a great day everyone! try stay clear of those ditches y'all

Nice post rake, exactly right. Keep it simple, keep the emotions steady, keep the distractions away. You have a job to do right now and that is to stay off the booze. When you are a few months or even a year in see how you feel about it all.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post
Wherever you are in the world, have a great day!

To a great group of people supporting each other and appreciating what life is all about:

Soberwolf - Thank you for stopping in each day and providing inspiration.
CuteNGayYay
Camryn474
Ali123
GhostFace
McCartney
Highwind
SleepyDots
Soberjim
Applekat
Ubntubnt
Tans
Abraxas69
RedAndy
Jbmetzger
Nmd
Krisinwi
JJ9
Grendhar
Melki
MeHere
Snowbunting
ChickChick
Thomas59
SoberRunner
Worried75
Kirky
Sean30
Jsbodhi
julesonya
Ladybug2
DreamBig42
Forabetterlife
Jackie1214
....last but not least Dee

And thank you to all those that stop in periodically to provide inspiration.
Love the list Never! It is encouraging to see! Thanks for taking the time to do that. and putting me on top of course *hairflip* haha jk :P
Old 12-05-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post
I'm right there with you wishing away day (3), e.g. last night. I was quite irritable and my son was running on high energy. So, eventually I went to the bedroom and watched TV. Of course, that didn't go well with the wife. You can't please everyone. I'm going to be selfish until I get back on track which isn't too far away. Then I can shoulder the burden again. Though I still managed to watch/play Jeopardy with the wife and build/repair things with my son. So, I wasn't a total dead-beat.

Hey gang,...Welcome back FABL....

Nice job on pulling through on a Friday everyone.

On to day (4) and my Mastiff woke me up around 6:30 a.m. to go outside. I felt like I ran a marathon. I felt like I had a 50 lb. bag of sand attached to me.

So, I had a dream last night, which I think related to the retirement party on Thursday, but this time I drank and could barely walk and was hammered. I found this interesting because I have a super high tolerance and never get sloppy drunk. Anyway, thanks for listening to my ramble.

Ultimately, thinking with a clear head already and thrilled I didn't drink last night.

I thank all of you and all of the stories I read on SR throughout the week. Have a great sober weekend friends......
Hi neverthought I enjoyed you post. You can feel 100% sure that your family would rather you grab some personal time watching tv than ignoring them drowning yourself to in booze. Even when you are in your room sober you are still there. Don't feel conflicted by it.
I sometimes have weird drinking related dreams too when I quit. That's your addiction and your AV screwing with you. "Hey look, you are not a messy plastered drunk, you are not that bad, see! You are overreacting depriving yourself of alcohol, come on man.."

Don't give it an inch. You are done. Normal drinkers don't have those dreams.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hello all.

Didn't post much today but I hope all is well. I have a family baby shower to attend to tonight and my uncle already to told me their will be lots of alcohol.

I have no intention of drinking and I know everyone is going to offer me so I have to be on my A game tonight.

Wish me luck as I bang out day 37. I don't want to hit that reset button and definitely don't want to mess up all the progress I made in such little time.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Administrator

You don't need luck GF...just commitment

it's one night - you can do this!

D
Old 12-05-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Don't know if I'm allowed to stay with this group...drank tonight and very committed to not tomorrow. have a narcissistic husband who drinks as well and have to find myself....very hard to do without support at home...if I have failed this room, i will try another and wish all much luck...Feeling defeating in so many ways.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Administrator

Of course you can stay Carrie - December is not even a week old yet
You're part of the gang - why not post here before you drink?

we can help

D
Old 12-05-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hi Ghost....you have come all this way. What's another day? And c'mon man, not at a baby shower!

Carrie, stay with us. We all want you to be a part of this but me st importantly we want you to stop drinking and work through this with us together. I need this groups support, and I need you to be a part of it also.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

I'm wrapping up day 3 here . . . last drink was on December 2nd, so I'd love to join the class :-)

Just trying to stay busy, recognize and avoid triggers, and make it to day 4 at this point. So far, so good!
Old 12-05-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome atxjoshua

D
Old 12-05-2015, 09:20 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Ghost, day 37, what an accomplishment! I'm on day 3, You're doing an awesome job, keep it up tonight! Congratulate those soon-to-be parents, sip on a sparkling water, and look forward to day 38!
Old 12-05-2015, 11:09 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Declaring today another day 1. I've had enough starts and while I'm not spiraling lately or drinking every day I would like to get off the carousel again! So, hello!
Applekat! Hi! You popped in my head the otherday, was wondering how you were doing. Did you have a baby? Or was that someone else? I'm back trying, feeling stronger than ever actually at 3 weeks. Good job nixing it before the carousel started spinning too fast.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:25 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Joining. been quite a few classes too.. Nice to see u Max and Apple. . Max I think we're on the same day for the first time. Maybe we can hold each other accountable. For those who don't know me I can totally be fine for a month or two then all of sudden go on a few day binge..that starts with one night and sometimes stops there..but occasionally turns into a binge that is hell. Pretty depressed as usual at the end of a binge .Day 1 is getting close to an end. I hope this can be my last class where I get and develop sober friendships for a long time to come
Welcome back cute, I remember you from August group of '14 I'm back at it. 3 weeks. November is my homeroom now. You've got this!
Old 12-05-2015, 11:33 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hey bblack!! Nice to see ya ole friend! Great job on 3 weeks!
Old 12-06-2015, 12:54 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Your all doing brilliant .
If youv'e had a slip and back posting that's great .
I should have done as Dee says and came here before picking it up , however i'm back and doing good.

Babysat our 1 year old grand kid most of yesterday .

Put the decorations and Christmas tree up .

Made a nice dinner .

Loved the day ! sober , no sneaking to hidy holes for sly sips of poison .

What a difference .
Old 12-06-2015, 02:30 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Thomas

D