Notices

Class of December 2015

Old 12-04-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheRake View Post
Hey,

I've started reading "How to stop drinking alcohol: a simple path from alcohol misery to alcohol mastery" by Kevin O'Hara. It's not bad as a he has a youtube channel as well and has kept a video diary from day 1 of quitting....

what you reading now?
I'm actually reading The Martian, to treat myself to non-serious reading. But a couple days ago I was re-reading excerpts from Diary of an Alcoholic Housewife.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the support, and kind words. Im hanging in there. Yes, things are really difficult now, but it has to get better soon. I keep telling myself that.

Its really hard having all my son and gkids here, our place is very small, and they have way different ideas about parenting, then I do. Its going to be hard, because it seems they will be here for quite some time. However, I could never turn them away, no way.

I made chicken cacciatore for our dinner. I was so stressed today, I binged out on junk food alot. I usually eat pretty healthy. Cant keep stress eating, dont need to gain anymore weight.

Glad to see all checking in, and Im almost done with day three. Small victories, but still a win. Fly sober class.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
...holds the key

(((Maximus))) we've got your back!
Old 12-04-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Well I decided on fast food with no meat... weird huh? But hey, Im eating and thats what counts today.

Hubby apologized but still not interested in going home. Hopefully working with my clients today will make me feel better. Its nice to help someone else get off the path I am on. They are an inspiration to me or a major pain in the you know what.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Aww, thanks so much Brynn, my fellow classmate from last December. Good to see you!
Old 12-04-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

checking in again, i am having a huge craving right now. I am about to make dinner...
Old 12-04-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Day 5 yada yada. Sleep still difficult and eyebags down to my knees. Arrrrgh.
No cravings, pangs, anxiety, high emotions. Just working through it looking for a week.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I'm actually reading The Martian, to treat myself to non-serious reading. But a couple days ago I was re-reading excerpts from Diary of an Alcoholic Housewife.
C'mon AK...the Martian is seriously serious. I mean, he got left on a planet!! by himself!! surviving on potatoes!! puts my problems in perspective.....
Old 12-04-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
C'mon AK...the Martian is seriously serious. I mean, he got left on a planet!! by himself!! surviving on potatoes!! puts my problems in perspective.....
You are right! Ha! I just got to a stressful part, too!
Old 12-04-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julesonya View Post
checking in again, i am having a huge craving right now. I am about to make dinner...
Stay the course J! You won't wake up tomorrow and regret NOT drinking!
Old 12-04-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julesonya View Post
You can get through it, julesonya! I had a pretty big craving myself earlier today, my danger zone time is the late afternoon. I had some sparkling water and a snack and just did my best to keep busy. Now it is evening and I am SO glad I didn't cave and you will be too. Hang in there!!
Old 12-04-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Stay the course J! You won't wake up tomorrow and regret NOT drinking!
Hope some food will take away the craving.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

hi Maximus, just read a couple of your posts. Sounds like you have a lot to juggle. You are 100% right, drinking is not going to fix anything and will probably make things a lot worse. Especially with your son and grandkids around. Stay resolute to stay dry above all else.

You know, you also have a lot of positives there. You live in a decent country. You have your family around you. Your husband is still working. You are healthy. You are not drinking. That sounds a lot like heaven to a lot of people. Please try to stay positive.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Jules I hope the craving passed!

Hope everyone is having a restful and sober Friday night. Think how nice it will be to wake up tomorrow with no hangover!

Thinking of you all.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Yes I feel better- made some detox tea and put on a movie
Old 12-04-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
Day 5 yada yada. Sleep still difficult and eyebags down to my knees. Arrrrgh.
No cravings, pangs, anxiety, high emotions. Just working through it looking for a week.
In for December class of 2015. And same here, with the lack of sleep. Things will get better...as we get stronger and build on what we've done. We all deserve better.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Welcome, Dreambig

I need day 3 to end. Mega exhausted. Super cravings. I've literally eaten enough to feed a small army to stave off the cravings but it's not working currently. Lack of sleep I think is really messing with me.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camryn474 View Post
Welcome, Dreambig

I need day 3 to end. Mega exhausted. Super cravings. I've literally eaten enough to feed a small army to stave off the cravings but it's not working currently. Lack of sleep I think is really messing with me.
I hear ya....hunger has definitely set in. Have some rest and feel good about yourself making it thru day 3.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Ready to finish day 36.

As usa the thought to drink on the weekend was here so I stuck to my plan. A 20 minute nap turned to one hour. I felt tired and had to force myself to get up and go to the gym.i planned to workout for one hour but time passed me and ended up doing two hours. I got home, ate my meal and now I'm in bed as I type.

The craving are still there but I'm getting better at reminding myself why I'm doing this. Feels good to be home and going to bed early instead of chasing a high.

Have community service in the morning tomorrow so I need some rest.

Good night to you all
Old 12-04-2015, 10:48 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Morning all! On to day 6 and feeling pretty good. Hope you all got through Friday night ok and looking forward to a sober weekend

Today could be quite tough for me as travelling to see my partner's family for pre Christmas get together. Some of them I find very irritating and usually only manage to tolerate them by drinking. Not today though - it's only one day, I've brought a stash of my favourite non alcoholic drinks and am determined not to drink.

I will be on here later if it gets too much - it always helps just reading other people's posts, thanks everyone.