Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 23

Old 12-06-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Conquest - I'm glad you're enjoying your final weekend as a maiden

I just watched about three quarters of Elf myself! I heard about 10 percent of it, that's how it works with a 4 year old on board. I thought stuffing popcorn in her mouth would create a few brief pauses in the flow of chatter...nope. Oh well, someday I'll watch movies again.

I can no longer function without the backup camera. It has ruined me, I have zero trust in my own backup abilities now.

Minestrone soup and kale salad for dinner, plus toasted sourdough. Thinking of making chocolate peanut better graham cracker squares too. I don't exactly remember how to make them, but no worries, I'll improvise!
Old 12-06-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Hi Gang. Doing some much needed housework today, and had windows open. Warm outside. We've had very decent temps and weather this season, so far. A reprieve after last winter. But winter has yet to officially start, so...

We have a groupon to a local Italian restaurant that needs to be sued by the 31st. Dinner for two, plus one appetizer. Thinking of using it tonight. We will only have to pay for the kids.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
......a local Italian restaurant that needs to be sued by the 31st......
I had to laugh at that one phoebe!

I feel fine Leigh. I'm my own worst enemy sometimes with my thoughts but I'm just back from a nice long run that took the edge off.

Hi and good morning V!
Old 12-06-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

I don't do tired well...so I didn't even see that typo. LOL.

Glad you are OK Mark, and woot woot on the new car Arbor.

Love and good morning.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Finally did something I've been looking forward to ever since I found out I was having a girl - started making furniture for the dollhouse! Behold - couch made from a cardboard box, cotton rounds, and fabric from too-small clothes, plus tiny crocheted afghan. For perspective, the pillow is about two inches wide. I am ridiculous stoked about this:

Next up - the bed!
Old 12-06-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

That is divine Briar.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Finally did something I've been looking forward to ever since I found out I was having a girl - started making furniture for the dollhouse! Behold - couch made from a cardboard box, cotton rounds, and fabric from too-small clothes, plus tiny crocheted afghan. For perspective, the pillow is about two inches wide. I am ridiculous stoked about this:

Next up - the bed!
This is adorable, Briar!!!!!
Old 12-06-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Glad you like it!

Also, we started making some tiny books, so I had to whip up a quick bookshelf from a fettuccini box. It could definitely use some sprucing up, but it will do for the time being. Books are about one inch tall.

SO much fun!
Old 12-06-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

You are so talented, Briar.

The tiny books and the bookcase are adorable.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Fantastic.
Can't wait to see the whole house!
Old 12-06-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Really cool Briar!
Old 12-06-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! I fully expect to furnish the whole thing!

And finally, here are the peanut butter square things I mentioned earlier. I threw a couple graham crackers, a glob of peanut butter, and a square of dark chocolate in the food processor and worked them until they learned to love each other (you could add sugar or honey, I don't usually make my stuff super sweet). Then I smashed it into a little square plastic container. I made a simple chocolate ganache by melting chocolate chips in the microwave (very slowly, they will burn) and stirring in a little milk to make it creamy. Spread that on top, tossed some mini m&ms on my daughter's half, and put it in the fridge for a couple hours to harden. Easy as tortilla pie, and actually not terribly unhealthy:

It was a pretty good day!
Old 12-06-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Mmm, I want a peanut butter square!!!!!
Old 12-06-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Briar, the furniture is adorable. My DD was totally into Playmobil in a very big way, for a very long time. She loved the houses,not just to play with, but to configure and reconfigure. She is in her second year as an Architecture major at a very prestigious school . It all makes sense now.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Sounds as though she was born to be an architect, BD. Very cool.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Octsobers. See you tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Administrator

night Leigh

D
Old 12-07-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
I had to laugh at that one phoebe!

I feel fine Leigh. I'm my own worst enemy sometimes with my thoughts but I'm just back from a nice long run that took the edge off.

Hi and good morning V!
Glad my poor typing skills gave you a chuckle.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Briar, the doll house furniture is adorable and I thought it was a real love-seat, when scrolling through, before reading!

Busy week. An appointment with daughter today, dog class tomorrow, which mean we better do some more of out "homework,", and son is in a play wed evening, and juggling that with chauffeuring daughter around for her shelter duties. Lots of driving.

I've promised some baking here and there too, and will do some Christmas baking for my family. I splurged and got a new mixer on sale during cyber sales. Good thing, because I see a little puddle of lubrication fluid, or something under mine. I have noticed it leaking a bit of a petroleum smelling fluid, but usually just a bit I wipe off before baking. Not drips. Cant be good and don't want it in the cookies!! So, good thing I got a new one. Still waiting for it to arrive.

I've been in a craft mood too, making lots of bracelets. Daughter may gift some to teachers. And ds had a woman for a teacher, so she may like one. Not sure if there is an organized gift happening there. She is pretty independent, and I am not a room mom this year. Don't know if she has one. ''Holiday season is cranking up. I try to keep it simple and not get crazy about Christmas.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Phoebe I'm glad you were able to get a good deal on a new mixer. Are you talking about a stand mixer? I don't have one of those as I rarely bake, but I use my food processor constantly and will need a new one soon. Only thing is I like to abuse the hell out of mine, and I don't worry about it because I'm due for a new one anyway. If I get a new one I know I'll want to be all careful with it - no shaking, slamming, cramming in way more crap than is technically possible. I'm afraid I'll miss the old one and our abusive relationship. But I would really love one with more power.