Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 5

Old 09-09-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coleiope View Post
Better yet, give it to one of the people you DONt like ;D they will see it as a kind offering and might get a headache and extra calories!! ( Lol sorry, please don't mind my twisted sense of humor)

"We're our own dragons, as well as our own Heroes, and we have to rescue ourselves from ourselves." -Tom Robbins
I'm in a bad place today, but that's just funny. Made me grin!
Old 09-09-2015, 09:39 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I made it. I gave my complimentary drink tickets away to someone else.

I just really needed to some perspective. It was so close. Thanks, very much. I am going to bed now, thankful to have gotten through this night.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:02 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Morning all,
Bexxed...I'm so glad you posted instead of drinking. I have been In That same position at a conference. It was even more tempting for me bc my family wasn't around and would never know if I drank or not! Anyway at that time I didn't. Very very tempting tough. Good for you bexxed!!!

JL , glad to see you are still posting with us. Stat strong xo

Another Thursday of work . Nothing big to report. Just tired but okay so far.

Wishing all of my fellow augustables a great day
Old 09-10-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Bexxed, I was SO happy to read your post this morning. You too JL!

I was off a little the other day, because today is actually day 40! I'm Catholic, and I've tried giving up wine or all alcohol during Lent in the past, but never made it the whole 40 days. This is like completing a Lenten journey! I bet this is what it feels like to finish your first whole marathon! I believe I would have caved without you kind folks. Thank you. Oh...I know this is just the beginning, but some milestones are great!
Old 09-10-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Originally Posted by bexxed View Post

I just really needed to some perspective. It was so close. Thanks, very much. I am going to bed now, thankful to have gotten through this night.
Yay! Well done bexxed.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bexxed View Post

Great news to wake up to this morning!
Old 09-10-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Benice congrats!! Woohoo! I'm thrilled for you!
Bexxed so glad you pushed through the the muck! ((Hug)) good for you! It's tough, you made it!
I'm off today. Going to the Doc. I read a while back somebody else saying they quit alcohol and all a sudden they're plagued with health issues. Seems I am too. Guess it's a sign that I didn't give a crap about myself or maybe I was incapable of taking care of anything more than my addiction. Soooo I have high bp and I'm younger but it's hereditary. Just started back on my meds. I didn't care if I lived or died so I stopped taking it. Again I'm younger, but I also have high cholesterol. Now I'm having some kind of infection in my body that makes me hurt all over, run a fever regularly, and other symptoms I'd rather not go in to. So my Doc wants to see me today as I have finished the rounds of meds and nothing has changed. May have to go to a "ist" doctor. You know....special"ist". Anyway hope everyone has a great morning.
Still been quiet in a lot of the forums I'm in. I'll take that as a good sign!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Congratulations on Day 40, benice!

I'm with you guys -- today is Day 40 for me as well.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Today is day 18 for me. I'm starting to get bored and that is dangerous. I start a class tonight so hopefully that will be a great distraction!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I'm so thankful for you guys. It's really weird to read back on it. The feeling was so strong, but the reasons are so... not important in the long run. I mean, I was really freaking out last night, and... for what? There was no good reason to drink last night, for me. Thanks for being there and for reminding me of that.

Since I stopped drinking I've gotten really into coffee... got a special coffee grinder and a ceramic pour over. I realize that this kind of replaces the drinking rituals but what the heck? It's coffee. Anyway, so I woke up in this nice fancy place we're all staying in, opened the window, hear birds chirping, sunlight pouring in, making my special coffee (that yes, I brought the contraptions for, plus the coffee beans. I did this because it's my nice little thing I do since I don't drink.) I'm not hung over.

Key of C, I hope your trip to the doc is good, and wish you much healing.

JL, I hope you have a better day, but feel free to imagine my evil coworkers getting fat and miserable if it helps you!

Benice, congrats on getting to that milestone! We're on the same track, I think... I believe this is day 41 for me.

xoxo-B
Old 09-10-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Bexxed, I'm so glad you made it through! Relish the feeling of happiness and relief of not being hungover. You are doing awesome!

Congrats to all those hitting milestones! You guys are doing an excellent job. You inspire me! I'm taking things one day at a time. No alcohol for me today!
Old 09-10-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Another bad night...week 3 was supposed to be better than week 2...but it's not
Headaches, insomnia, and I feel really grumpy...trying to stay strong but it's really tough
Old 09-10-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Way to go bexxed! Proud of you!
Day 17! I have really been having cigarette cravings, not booze, but I'm staying vigilant regardless.
Quick post now, I'm out at lunch meeting a friend. I hope I can exercise tonight, that will stave off the cravings! Have a good Thursday all!
Old 09-10-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hey Patricia, hang in there!! Getting sober isn't easy, or else we would have done it years ago! Your body is adjusting to not having alcohol, give it time to heal. Some days are going to be really bad, others great and some just okay. The feelings will pass. Try and get out and move some - even a short walk helps. Sending good thoughts your way!
Old 09-10-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
Way to go bexxed! Proud of you!
Day 17! I have really been having cigarette cravings, not booze, but I'm staying vigilant regardless.
Quick post now, I'm out at lunch meeting a friend. I hope I can exercise tonight, that will stave off the cravings! Have a good Thursday all!
Major urge right now... Sitting outside a customers office trying to force myself to keep working rather than.head.to the store. I think an office job might.be better for me,.less freedom. Arrrghh going to chew a few altoids. This early to mid afternoon so hard. Dont want to go back to dark place so posting first. Getting this out helps. Yell at me to do the.job im paid for, thanks!
Old 09-10-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Sadie, hang in there. Look what Bexxed just went through! Drink water, use HALT, play it to the end and don't drink!! Get back to work! You've got this!
Old 09-10-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Sadie, you logged off by the time I hit "post"! hope you get the message in time!

Oh...by the way, Vana, I love the banana band!!!
Old 09-10-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Sadie, good for you for posting. Play the tape through...if you drank today how would you feel tomorrow? Do you really want to feel that? No!! Your AV is trying to get you to drink. You have all the power here. Tell it no. It helps to occupy yourself with something - go for a walk or buy an ice cream cone. You can make it through and you will be so proud of yourself when you wake up without the hangover tomorrow. You deserve to be sober. Hang in there. Keep posting if you need to. Hugs!!
Old 09-10-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by benice View Post
Sadie, you logged off by the time I hit "post"! hope you get the message in time!

Oh...by the way, Vana, I love the banana band!!!
You are.right playing tape leads to the absolute worst tomorrow, It will kill me ! No! Also drank 2 bottles of water, we are having heat wave and weather wussies, I was dehydrated. Thanks augustables! Going to another customer then will be in my safe zone time wise. Didnt go look at stars, moon or sunrise this morning either, get up and go doesnt work for me. Xoxo
Old 09-10-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Definitely a challenging day. Huge cravings. But I know I am tired and angry...2 out of 4 HALT triggers. Ugh!

I can do this. I can do this.

Thank you guys. I'll stay around reading if the cravings keep bugging me. Thank you for your help!