One Year & Over Part 29

Old 08-28-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good!
Old 08-28-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Wolfie, as an experienced walker, I can tell you that a good pair of shoes really makes the difference!
Old 08-28-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks guys
Old 08-28-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I totally jinxed myself when I recently shared that I hadn't gotten any drunk messages from my dad! He's trying to get me riled up about some family drama. Not. Responding.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Good on you OLL, step out of the drama and see it for what it is. By taking the emotion out of it, you are taking control back. Your own wee family is your concern now. X

Good to see you Carlos,

Spelt muffins IP??

Enjoy the new trainers Wolfie

Drake at this rate you will need to run around in the shower to get wet!

Met any new 'wildlife' on your walks lately FBL? Whatever happened to that mountain lion??? I hope it didn't bump into a dentist.....

Well about to get up and ready to head to the airport for a trip to Tuscany. Woohoo!

Made sangria for hubby last nite to help him get in the holiday mood. Used to love it ( I make a mean one, it's in the brandy!!) of course I had to get him to taste it to check my measurements were ok. Made a virgin one up for myself and hey, it wasn't too bad!!

How's it hanging Gil?

Hugs all x
Old 08-28-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Fantastic trainers, Wolfie. I agree with Fbl, very important to have good footwear!

Toots, Tuscany! Wow sounds wonderful. Have a good break.

Hi Carlos.

OLL, good response, No response!

Hope it's a good bank holiday for everyone, is it bank holiday in USA and Australia? I'm not back at work until Wednesday, woohoo .

Looking after a friends cats, for a week, well feeding them letting them out , and feeding the chickens too.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:43 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Do your best

Mags

Morning guys
Old 08-29-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Wolfie, it sounds like you've got a lot of wonderful walking coming up after those blisters heal :-)

Toots in Tuscany, woohoo! Enjoy!

OLL, sorry to hear that happened. You handled it as well as anyone could have.

Drake, another Toots' perfect image: running around in the shower to get wet :-)

Have a good one, Overs!
Old 08-29-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

what make & model of the trainers sobe

& fbl, what would you recomend for my foot after it heals
Old 08-29-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

No bank holiday this weekend in the States--but Labor Day, a national holiday, is next weekend (three-day weekend).
Old 08-29-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Zip, several years ago I discovered Dr. Scholl's running sneakers (with the built-in gel inserts). They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn and I have no trouble finding them in my size (13w) for about $25 at Wal-Mart.

Toots, no more lion sightings around here lately, but I see my share of foxes, racoons, possums and waterfowl. In fact, the baby geese that I've been watching the past few months are all grown up now.

BTW, Toots, I hear there's no places to rent in Tuscany:

Old 08-29-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Not a single place to rent in Tuscany?
Old 08-29-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Do your best

I forgot to say about my trainers they fit so perfect I don't have to do the laces they are like a glove

I encourage/vouch/Implore anyone looking for a comfy trainer to try a pair of Nike windrunners they are that comfy

spk after guys
Old 08-29-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Condolences to you and your family Itchy
Old 08-29-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Magsie

One of my most favourite actors there, FBL, I remember one film where he wore a long coat which was full of explosives when he opened it. Can't remember the name tho? I like watching magnificent seven also as my husband whistles the tune a split second before it comes on screen, it's not intentional, I don't think, he just can't help himself!

I hope you've got somewhere in Tuscany, Toots! Not like the song, lol.

Can't go wrong with Nike Wolfie. Hope you're feet are healing up well!

It's your turn next weekend Gilmer with labour day, then.

Been to Clumber Park near Worksop, today for the first time, it's very nice place and it was busy but plenty of room. We looked in the chapel and it was beautiful. Some gorgeous old beech trees nearly 300 years old, they were amazing.

We have Normanby Hall up the road and it has a woods, also a pet cemetery belonging to the owners of the hall, they've given it to North Lincolnshire council so the grounds are open to the public. funnily enough we don't walk up there much. Going to look for somewhere else to visit on Monday.

Hope you're having a great weekend.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Do your best

I was going to go out & do a walk but it started raining so I had a long hot soak in the bath just waiting to have dinner lamb chops salad flatbreads (like really thin pitta) this dish is so tasty esp with caramelised onion houmous

foods up
Old 08-29-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Do your best

just finishing watching IP Man with Mrs sw I think she liked it
Old 08-29-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey Overs!
First thanks for all the condolences. We finally made all the arrangements and the funeral is Monday. We have a minister in the family that I haven't seen in 20 years doing the graveside. Amazing how a wedding or a funeral brings families together. I'm an outlaw so am not related to any of them except by marriage. My SH has done well by her Mom and Dad. I kept the construction going and tomorrow, yes a Sunday, the electrical contractor is coming back to make it right. Fine by me. But this time I will not be easygoing for any short cut.

It will be nice to settle back down to a dull routine getting moved into the new house in the next few weeks. Our Insurance company made a fuss over their policies regarding coverage of household goods such that I calmly told them that it is no problem, I realize they would be this much of a pain had I a claim. So I told them that I will likely just liquidate some stock and pay cash so I can self insure. That will save me $15k in the next ten years, and no telling how much aggravation. I'll just find an inexpensive liability policy.

I am really glad I have choices, grateful really. As soon as we get settled we will take the RV to Florida, visit mu aunt, then go to Laser Spine HQ in Tampa and get my neck and lower back surgery done there.

Life sober is focused and receptive to the good that comes along, with no drama about the bad or unexpected storms as I continue to be the captain of my life, and the master of my destiny. I have a little happy destiny. Nothing grand or elevated. Just mine. I am even happy with the challenges it brings.

Glad all of you are still thriving and growing in each space you create. All we need is t create a safe space to live and work, where every day is not "you bet your family or career day." Sober we can.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi itchy, hope all goes as well as can be expected tomorrow.
I agree, the dramas have passed now sober and the mundane and repetitive is good. For me, appreciating everything around me, my life, my family, my home, my work., yes even my work, though I moan about it, I'd have more to moan about if I didn't have a job.

So, yes, I'm with you on that. It will be nice for you and SH to get away in the rv. Lovely.

Wolfie, what's IP Man?
Old 08-30-2015, 02:08 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Do your best

Ip man was the man who trained Bruce Lee its a good movie mrs sw gave it 9/10

Hoping all goes well Itchy you deserve it my friend

Morning Overs