Notices

One Year & Over Part 29

Old 08-30-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
He have them over here--we just call them "Pork Rinds," and they come in bags. I like either plain or BBQ flavor! So crispy!
Barf! I don't like to even look at them!
Old 08-30-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Lol!

Respectable society agrees with you, Drake! Call me the skunk at the garden party!
Old 08-30-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glee,
Congrats on your promotion! I know the corporate ladder is a challenge just to survive let alone thrive.

Mags,
I accept your compliment putting me in the same league as your optimistic mom. I understand exactly how you feel. I was that way for a couple of years after quitting. Mine was the profession of arms, and that meant moving every three to five years. Having a spousal unit and two rug rats meant uprooting them too. We both have a five year cycle now. I would get bored with the routine after slaying all the dragons at my new base that turned old, and every reassignment brought the excitement of a fresh set of challenges and a new crew. if I stayed too long as I did in Germany, 7 years, I lose my fresh perspective. But the military moves did not result in risks or loss of pay or costs. Nor did they result in starting over. Once a certain rank you get moved only into positions for that grade or rank. And in the same career field. I really liked that about the military. The very thing others did not like. But we both were "brats," Children of military people, so we already looked forward to the next assignment before we became the active duty member.

My get up and go didn't leave me, I eased up on the drive to excel. My watch is over. I get to be protected by the current generation of young warriors, and cheer them in their parade.

See lots of folks get their energy from another. They depend on another for their security and balance. I am that person for myself and others, always have been. But I did get derailed for a few years with alcohol. Now I am much more mellow and less on fire, but I'm back. that took a few years to come back full circle.

I hope you find out where your heart belongs again.

Hey Wolf!
Quite the comfortable routine. I do many cups of coffee a day and flavored teas with orange and spices. I just showered after doing a day of tractor work filling in the trench properly after the electric main line was trenched in today. He did not fill it back in where it would pack and not become a pothole. I was very glad I'd gotten it tuned and the ignition updated to solid state electronic ignition. Starts on the first turnover.

I like Wayne Dyer too.

Hey Gil and drake!
Old 08-31-2015, 03:21 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Lovely morning, Overs :-)

Glee, I was a Type A most of my life but since I retired (sort of) over 4 years ago, I've been gradually relaxing more and more. I'm liking it very much and don't think I could go back! I do plan to add volunteer work sometime next year to have something more meaningful in my life though at the moment I'm still savoring my "freedom". Although I don't have as much in material assets as I would have liked (salaries in rural areas can be rather low), I have enough to manage and have a bit of fun. No complaints.

The "social intricacies" here are surprisingly easy. 99% of the residents are respectful of each other's privacy and are pleasant to everyone. Privately, we all like some more than others but you have to be here for some months to detect that. There's always at least one exception no matter where we live!

Wolfie, I've never had crackling.

Gilmer, I can't imagine you being "the skunk at the garden party"

Itchy, I get that about giving up the drive to excel.

Drake, Mags, Toots, and everyone - have a pleasant day :-)
Old 08-31-2015, 04:06 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Do your best

Itchy I've always thought your pretty awesome

Hello to the overs on this typical wet bank holiday Mrs sw is making her 2nd batch of cookies
Old 08-31-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Good morning (or night), everyone!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Do your best

Watching a dog movie I got for Mrs sw spk soon guys I'm off to do more reading
Old 08-31-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

itch, assertive

no way! lol

what a great experience last night

three of my sponsee's all celebrated anniversary last night

though one was on vacation
Old 08-31-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just heard Wayne Dyer passed while reading his book
Old 08-31-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, have a good monday!
Things are okay here with me. Just trying to maintain balance.
Still keeping that daily log--I like it and really think it's helping, somehow. If only just to remember things more.
The new reporter comes today! I think she might be coming to my office to watch me work. Oh boy. If the boss comes too that's gonna be a lot to take.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

RZ, I admire your service work.
Congrats, Glee.
Sask - enjoyed reading about the social networking. Haha, yes, there always "one" to take the air out of a room, isn't there.
Itch Man, agreed, SOBER WE CAN!

Started a Whole 30 yesterday. That coupled with body-pump and yoga classes will have body in recovery check for 30 days. Upped local AA service work by chairing a fall picnic and meeting with courts and probation to offer our helping hand...mind on recovery - check. Need a plan to enhance my spiritual fitness...a work in progress.

Happy week, Over's.

Carlos
Old 08-31-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Do your best

On verse 44 now this book is really good mrs sw is watching dog the bounty hunter

chicken is in the oven dinner in an hour
Old 08-31-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Overs 8.21pm
Old 08-31-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

When my younger daughter had her deviated septum repair, she suffered greatly for a few days. Her only comfort was watching back-to-back episodes of Dog the Bounty Hunter!

The fixation came out of nowhere--and as soon as she recovered, she was totally done with it and has never watched it since!
Old 08-31-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hi overs - night from me as it's pretty late for a school night - lol! - 23.28
Old 08-31-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I had a breakthrough today. Since my dad started declining many months ago, I haven't had the emotional energy to make up menu plans for the week--much less go shopping for a large order. We have ordered a lot of pizza and brought home a lot of fast food! On the rare occasions when I did manage to cook, it took every ounce of focus I had, and usually took all day.

But today I planned a week's menu, searched through the cabinets to figure out what I needed, and ventured out and bought it! The cart was full (and I took my granddaughter, no less). I brought the stuff in and put it all away--and now a decent dinner is cooking..

I dedicated my whole day today to errands--so tomorrow and Wednesday I shouldn't have to leave the house! Maybe i can get some schoolwork done!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Re-Member

RZ good on ya and congrats to your 'Rees!

Thanks Wolf, your posts are much appreciated too you know.

Gil!
I was like your daughter is now, not watching, except I stopped after watching one or two episodes. Longmire is the oddball show that I really got into.

Well we got my MIL buried today. A cousin did a nice graveside service. now to move on. FIL is lost, and we'll see how he does in the next few weeks. Contractors are getting their act together, and maybe in a week two at most we will be set. I have to admit that our little last minute RV project worked out better than expected as a jobsite cabin and next as a travel 5th wheel when I go in for the surgeries. I'm in need of my own bed again and a break from the construction site mess the property has become. Heck, I will get the chance to work with my SH on a whole new landscape plan. We were bored with the old one anyway. For winter we'll need to plant rye grass and that can work out fine too as our St. Augustine will take it over in the spring. I have a whole season's worth of fertilizer and liquid edger, as well as brush killer for the Oxidation pond. Spring will be busy.

Life is not better sober, I am.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Nite FG!

Good for you Gil!

You go girls!
Old 08-31-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Well, I just saw a wonderful, wonderful movie on Amazon. It is from 2009, and it is called Departures. I can't even describe it except to say, Wow! Talk about releasing your grip from somebody's throat!

It is longish, and it's got subtitles, but it is so worth it. It has humor, but it is also very, very poignant. I give it six stars out of a possible five!
Old 08-31-2015, 09:46 PM
  # 140 (permalink)