Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 3

Old 08-17-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi guys , I'm new and I'm on day 1 being sober . Got rid of all wine glasses around the house and such . Making some plans for this week to keep me occupied . Took my workout program out and I'll try to stick to it , my body is so weak after binge drinking for so long ugh.
How is everyone doing ?
Old 08-17-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm considering the couch to 5k program too for when I'm over this sinus/head cold.

Day 17. Still counting as it's making me feel progress. Had much better sleep last night as everyone was sleeping very well. Feeling pretty good. Good luck to each and every one of you today
Old 08-17-2015, 03:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Class Gjess.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'd love to do the couch to 5k program, and kudos to anyone doing so. Unfortunately, I live in Asia, so running 5k just isn't going happen. If I was back in Canada it would be a definite possibility though.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Didn't sleep too well last night but am feeling good for today! Had a nice breakfast and am going to read a bit before I head to the gym. Did some cleaning...my goal is to work hard today and go to bed early to get a great night sleep.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Gjess

D
Old 08-17-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates,

I'm beginning my day 14 after a good nights sleep. Feeling really good and looking forward to the day.

I hope everyone had a nice sober weekend!
Old 08-17-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Good morning everyone. Nothing special happening here (that's a good thing) -- no headache this morning, no crazy dreams.

Welcome to the class Gjess.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Happy Monday! Congrats to all who successfully navigated the weekend.

I've bee n thinking and talking about a couch to 5K too! My kids and hubby are athletic and fit. I'm........"plump". Hah! I'll download an app today. Thanks Icewater! Willow, Troy, FF...anyone else?

Day 16 is looking good.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good morning, all!

Welcome, Gjess!

Congrats on 14 days, beerbgone! That is awesome!

Icewater - I've heard good things about the C25K program. It is really cool to read about other people here who want to incorporate fitness into their routines!
I realized after racing a 5k on Saturday (actually, a little over 5K) as part of a relay triathlon team that cutting alcohol out of my life will dramatically improve my fitness. I kept thinking, "what if I hadn't binged 3 days the week before this race? How fast would I have been able to run?" BIG motivation for me to stay alcohol-free right there!

Today starts day 4. The past 3 haven't been too hard - felt icky on Friday, had the race on Saturday, yesterday liquor stores were closed. Today, my husband will be at work, liquor stores will be open, and I will be stuck with myself and my thoughts. Have to keep busy.

Plan: journal as needed (already did first thing this am). Go for a walk (can't run today, after the race on Saturday and attempting a long run yesterday, my legs need a break, and I have both a group run and bike ride scheduled for tomorrow), do yoga, work on my job search. I will likely be checking in here quite a bit.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice start to the week guys
Old 08-17-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Oh...sorry Troy. I didn't read your reply correctly. I never thought about parts of the world where outdoor running isn't an option. It's kinda strange to think globally and way outside your bubble. I'm going to work on that.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by itsonthehorizon View Post
from part 2

"Oh something I meant to ask. How do people feel when they see people drinking on tv/movies? I get a little pang sometimes if I see someone pour wine and think not fair. Everyone can do it but me. Or I imagine how it would taste. Does this stop after time I wonder? "

feel the same way & i hate it!!
I can't imagine trying to watch Mad Men right now, and I love that show so much.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I would like to try to start running again. I haven't been out in awhile and have gained so much weight this past year with all the drinking.. Does anyone feel hesitant to set goals right now? I feel like such a failure at so many things. I think I'm gun- shy about creating new goals.. But it's keeping me stuck. Not sure how to balance that.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Day 28..almost to a whole month!
I have a jumbled mixed up mess inside my head right now. Not sure what I'm thinking or feeling. I am trying so hard to be positive and not give into this crap apparently my AV is trying to pull me back in...Have a great Monday! Thank you to everyone for you thoughts..much appreciated!
Old 08-17-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Congratulations Key. Stay strong.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Feel like crap today.
I think I just felt hungover on Mondays so often that I'm having a bad sympathy day!
Worked out this morning. May have to try it again or something. Yuck !
Old 08-17-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thank you Scooterboo for your truly inspiring post. Anyone who missed it is on the last page of August Part Two.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

August peeps, I'm struggling. Got everything on my to do list done. It was supposed to be a "rest day" since I felt so awful on yesterday's run and raced the day before. But I think if i have a chance in hell of getting through this afternoon sober, I have to go hiking.

Afternoons are tough for me. I get everything done in the morning. I don't have a job, part of my morning tasks includes job searching. Not much out there right now and I'm in limbo due to having just taken the licensing exam to practice my profession in this state 2 weeks ago and results don't come out until end of September/early October. Crap, hopefully I don't fail (like I did twice in CO before finally passing). Trying to stay positive: I passed! I passed! In spite of drinking I worked harder at studying this time than ever before (and the little critic in my head says "you didn't do enough, you had binge days throughout the months of studying...") even though I drank.

Ok I did what I could for today. Now to stay busy. I will go for a short hike. Maybe a long one. I'll read. No naps, that screws up my ability to sleep.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I am back with a renewed sense of urgency. I received terrible bloodwork in the form of high cholesterol ratio, actually off the charts. The Dr. asked if I drank and smoked, I lied of course. It sucks because I am the guy who if keeping down this path will have a heart attack in 10 years when I'm 50. But I want to live!!

It is my oldest son's birthday he's 4 years old today, what better gift could I give him than to be a sober and present father. And I just want to be healthy and be there for him and the rest of my family as long as I can, instead of slowly killing myself.