Notices

One Year & Over Part 28

Old 08-23-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you D I have no expectations I know not to talk recovery of course if he asks il share but I think he's known for a very long time either way it really is the truest of miracles esp how he my father ended up at a aa mtn

Il remember this week till the day I die

My whole life I always believed in what most call god (another strained relationship) except I don't pretend to know I go by life and my heart & soul

I always say the answer lies in who turned on the light (as in this space universe)

Who turned on the cooker for the big bang who seasoned the space with ingredients you know my whole life I've always known

You don't have to believe in God or your interpretation my theory is this world is a training ground

No god but a big bang - who turned on the light what caused the initial heat

Sorry so much is going on inside me I feel I'm at a crossroads the jigsaw is falling into place
Old 08-23-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wolf,
I hope it continues too. And no expectations is perfect. Just remember that what many miss, is that it is not how many joyous moments you get in this life, it is recognizing when you are having one, and be in it for all the joy it brings no matter the next moment day or year. That way you remember it as a present, not a passed.

Glee,
Congrats to you, a year and a half is indeed worth celebrating. And thank you for jumping in here and contributing so much to the rest of our experiences.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Wolf what a wonderful post. Made me smile thinking of you walking in the rain with Mrs. SW.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Congrats on 18 Glee!

Old 08-23-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations Gleefan, brilliant achievement.

Wolfie, brilliant post, I'm so happy for you.

Itchy, thank you. Your words of wisdom are wonderful. You have a gift of putting all the right words in all the right order. I'm learning every day from you.

Hi overs, Monday morning and I would like to thank you for all your words over the weekend when I had my mind flip over a work colleagues words. I later dreamt my tongue was covered in a big blister, yuk!, and it all peeled off!Sorry!

I have always been good at keeping shum and keeping my own council and thoughts to myself. I took it personally the other day. I'm back to cool mags, deal with everything without getting ruffled!

I feel this place, this forum, has something special for us, for me. More than just words on a page, it touches our hearts our very soul. It stays with me through the day and I can pop in if I need or want to, just to catch up. To see how Dee and itchy are getting along, how Inpar s job is going, if Wolfie has seen any different birds in his garden, and hopefully not to see that toots has floored someone whilst out running!

Update on All of my other friends here. Gilmer, zippy, drake, Fbl,Gleefan, Saskia, petals, too.

Have a good Monday.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks guys going for a big walk start Monday the right way got music weather is cool

Awesome milestone Gleefan
Old 08-23-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Magsie

Enjoy your walk, Wolfie, it's cool at the moment, Good walking weather.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:22 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Do your best

The sunrise was so so beautiful Mrs sw was taking snaps but has sent me two 5 second videos that are to be honest don't capture the hot pink red sunstriped rise it was epic and I was about to upload it but it ain't worth it but beautiful to see my pooch is now resting and i m now refusing to walk as I have 3 new blisters again on left foot this time on the ball on the big toe and the side of heel I have 2 ripe ones

No more till their healed to be honest I am already noticing a difference the tiniest difference

Can't wait to get jogging
Old 08-24-2015, 12:05 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Take care of those feet Wolfie, soak them in salt water to help them heal. I'm glad your dad seems to be wanting to follow the sober path, and ecstatic that it has made you so happy to reconnect over it. You have such a simple joie de vivre outlook on life that shines through your posts.

Mags I too would have taken umbrage, it would be difficult not to, but I agree with Itchy that the best response is no response. Folk like that look to score points, and if you just give a big smile it reeeeaaalllly bothers them.

Petals I hope your anniversary went okay in the end, I am so sorry for you that you were given the gift of alcohol which put you in the situation it did. If it's not too late, buy a nice bottle of fizzy to share. I don't know about over there, but in the UK stores there are a couple of makers that make non alcohol fizzy with pop corks just like champagne. I usually have one around the house for celebrations, that way I am prepared.
I disagree with others that a normie might think it ok to drink just one, my husband is -well not terrified that I will drink, but knows that one would be a slippery slope. I believe in the past Petals you have said you feel your hubby has drink issue himself?? In that case he is either being incredibly insensitive or deliberately manipulative. Perhaps your continuing sobriety is shining a light on his drinking when he would rather he be left in the dark.

Hugs all for a great new week
Old 08-24-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Do your best

Tom day is a fantastic musician his music could be my music (I used to make music still have demo tapes) and I don't know but this kid has got it I listen to his music even now with the rain pouring to hear his song what we want to be is so meaningful now I got the birds cooing above bliss !!
Old 08-24-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
I feel this place, this forum, has something special for us, for me. More than just words on a page, it touches our hearts our very soul. It stays with me through the day and I can pop in if I need or want to, just to catch up. To see how Dee and itchy are getting along, how Inpar s job is going, if Wolfie has seen any different birds in his garden, and hopefully not to see that toots has floored someone whilst out running! .
Mags, you put into words just how I feel about this place - thanks!

Have a safe and lovely day to all.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Do your best

New bird in the garden alert smallish black bird lil bit round shape tiny lil yellow beak Mags help me please

My garden sounded like the Amazon half an hour ago I am stoked
Old 08-24-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Glee, congrats on 18 months! I'm here to tell you, that it keeps getting better and better

I was able to finish my walk just in time yesterday as it started pouring rain as soon as I walked in the door. A big cold front pushed thru and it's sunny and delightfully cool this morning (55F) with a high of 70F later today.

Have a great Monday, overs!
Old 08-24-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

way to go glee!

sobe, what do you play?

back to wound doc today

heard they ordered collagen dressings for me

not sure what thats all about, will find out though
Old 08-24-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Magsie

Wolfie it could be a few things. Have you got internet. Go on RSPB and they have a bird identifier. Might help. It could be a black bird or starling (shiny coat ) or thrush ?
Old 08-24-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Do your best

I have always had an affinity with the piano I was fascinated as a child in school seeing a blind man tune them I always asked how he can do that

The answer was always where you lose one of your senses you gain 2 in return

The instrument I play is many but its a midi keyboard that does the magic I havnt made music in years but I have demo tapes

I am untrained but my dad was taught Mrs Sw is grade 5 on piano

I do my thing tho
Old 08-24-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Mags 5000% my first blackbird
Old 08-24-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Magsie

They're cheeky, blackbirds, Wolfie. They will follow you round the garden if your turning soil over, for the worms. My dad had one jump on his back door step quite comical.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 08-24-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!! Just popping in before we jump to a new thread - goodness, I missed pages and pages of posts just from a few days of not being on the site to read properly....

All good with me - just trying to infiltrate myself back into parts of my life, which has been taking a lot of time and energy! However, it has been really good to be open and honest with the people I have been seeing

Will try and not leave it so long next time haha!