Notices

Class of February 2015 Part 4

Old 05-13-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good weekend guys
Old 05-15-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Weekend is wrapping up here. I didn't get nearly as much exercise in as I'd planned and I didn't do nearly as many chores as I had planned, but I didn't drink and didn't really have any desire to, so that's a win in my book.

This upcoming week is rather busy, so that will be a nice change of pace from last week.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
Old 05-15-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

And now the weekend is over again. I slept an extraordinary amount last night and today. So I'm not going to fight the lack of sleep I'm expecting tonight. The sleep pattern issues continue, so for now I'm just going to give in to them, sleep when I sleep and hope it sorts itself out. One thing's for sure, the weather was gorgeous this weekend.

I have a busy week coming up and I can't wait until it's over. I have a meeting that shouldn't be a big deal on Tuesday morning but it's with a lot of senior level people and I want to do a good job. Wednesday is the wake for my friend, and Thursday the funeral. So I'm changing up my work from office/home schedule which also always throws me off in general (I'm very much a creature of habit).

All this plus I have been feeling very down in the dumps lately, probably for the last couple of weeks. I'm too heavy, I'm too out of shape, I'm not doing a great job at work. I know that if any of those things change, the depression will probably lift. I just need to get the motivation.

I hope you all had a good weekend.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Good luck at that meeting today Ready.

I'm also feeling a bit blue of late. I'm never quite able to identify what triggers it. Nothing major has happened recently that's sparked this, but similar to you, I slept a lot this weekend and wasn't too active. In general, exersize does help my mood, as does the accompanying weight loss. Right now, I look in the mirror and don't love what I see. In my head, I keep flashing back to my trip to Europe last July and feeling like that was a high point that I haven't been able to recapture.

On that trip, I worked out a ton and was starting to shed the pounds for my brother's wedding that I desperately wanted to. I remember all my clothes fitting a bit loose, which is the opposite of right now.

No real desire to drink, which is good. As with my other waves of depression, I know this one will pass too.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Thanks Mets. I don't really understand it, it's unpleasant though and I don't like it. I do have to lose weight, and eat more healthy. I know it will help. I'm also not sleeping well, which does not help - I enjoy and value my sleep.

The meeting went well, I was pleased.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that meting went well.

This week for me has been a bit of a slog due to the depression and some items are snowballing on me. Despite being light on work in my day job and homework for my evening classes, I've managed to get behind since my attention span when I'm depressed goes to basically zero. I just got back from a jog and that really does help me, but I know if I keep overeating, the jogging isn't going to make much difference in my weight. I'm about to head to work now and hopefully will have a productive day. With that said, if I don't, this weekend I've set aside to catch up on stuff.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

I feel much the same Mets. Can't quite get myself to focus on anything.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you guys have a relaxing weekend

D
Old 05-21-2016, 01:10 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I'm taking it easy this weekend. Another funeral next week, this stuff isn't helping my overall mood but what can you do.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

I had a good, low-key weekend - finished one book and started/finished another today. I'm still in my pajamas, which I think it just what the doctor ordered. Tonight I will watch Game of Thrones and then turn in.

I'm still blue, not sure how to shake it. But I'm going to look into meditation - my husband swears by it. I could use some centering.

Have a good week al.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

My depression phase has lifted somewhat. Still not feeling great, but could certainly be worse.

I'm heading out on a two week trip out of the country starting this Friday and I think the excitement of that is helping. I won't have computer access when I'm gone since it'll be very remote, and I'm that untethering will be helpful, even though I really do love my job, I'm sure the stress it's adding isn't helping right now. And despite the Mets having a good year, in an odd sense, it's definitely something that adds adrenaline and stress to my daily routine that will be nice to get w break from.

For the moment, key is to power through this week at work and make it so that the person covering my desk won't have too much to do in my absence.

Enjoy the meditation ready!
Old 05-24-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Glad you're feeling better Mets. And a two week trip sounds great!

I'm starting to perk up a bit as well, although there's a ways to go. I think a long weekend coming up will be helpful - it can't hurt. Another sort of reclusive few days with low expectations and nice weather sounds pretty perfect.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Just back from this week's funeral, much better than last week's. I hope this is it for a while.

It's summer-like today, which is nice. I'll relax for the rest of the afternoon even though I could technically do some work now that I'm home, but instead I think I will start a new book and enjoy the peace and quiet.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope so too Ready.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Definitely feels like summer. I went for a nice jog in Central Park yesterday, but it was brutally hot.

I'm pretty much packed for my trip. Unlike my usual travel, I'm not buying the international cell package, so if I don't check in until June 13th, that's the reason. I believe the hotel will have internet access, but not 100% positive and don't want to worry about that too much.

Summer of 2007 I stayed sober. Last summer was also a sober summer. But other than those two years, I look back on most summers and it's pretty hazy. I'm beyond the point of worrying about staying sober for a specific situation, but looking ahead to a period of time, it's a bit daunting to say that the Summer of 2016 will involve no booze. So in that sense, it's still one day at a time.

With that said, I'll attemp to check in before June 13th, but if I don't, I'll catch up with the thread and submit a post once I'm back home.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Have a great time Mets! I wanted to check in early to ensure I wished you bon voyage. Having just come from Ireland I figured you might be out of range for a while. Can't wait to hear about your travels. The bug is awake in me, but for now I need to live vicariously through the travels of others - although I may be going to San Francisco for work soon, fun but not the same. Good luck with the crystal clear memories that being sober brings. You'll do great!!
Old 05-31-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

I can't believe it's the end of May! I'm ready for summer.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

I have relapsed. Didn't take long for the remorse, guilt, shame, embarrassment and anxiety to kick in. I believe I got complacent and wasn't actively monitoring myself. I am going to join the June 2016 class as well.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

I've become far more active here than I had previously been - so far that seems to be helping. I feel awful of course - more mentally than physically, though the lethargy is a real drag. I'm not pulling my weight at work - am hopeful that I will feel more alert and engaged next week. For now, just need to get through the day.

Mets, thinking of you in Europe. Hope you are having a good time.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

What a difference a few days makes - physically I feel much better obviously, and mentally too. What else can you do but get back on the horse so that's what I'm doing. As I was typing, a beautiful yellow finch flew past the window - apropos of nothing other than I do love a beautiful summer day.

Mets I hope you are having a great trip!