Notices

Class of February 2015 Part 4

Old 04-29-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

TGIF! DD, I hear you on the novice already using the force. I thought the same. And I hated that Han Solo and Leia split up - I am a romantic at heart. That said, I can't wait for the next chapter.

The week is over, work was busy but ok. It's hard not to like being sober, you don't have to second guess yourself, among other things. I can be clumsy, and tripped twice today going up the stairs. First time I went down on all fours, second time caught myself. I didn't have to get ashamed because I was drunk or hung over. Yay, me!

Got to run out to dinner, have a great weekend guys.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Ugh, I have some sort of illness today. It's a beautiful day here so we went to a local cemetery I have wanted to check out for a while - one of my hobbies is genealogy and headstones are a great source of information. I started to feel sick in the car, was ok wandering through the cemetery, and then didn't think I would make it to the lunch place without being sick. It's been off and on since then. Between that and the tripping yesterday, which also happened today (lots of roots in the cemetery) my husband started thinking vertigo (he's worse than I am in the drama department). I'll be fine but I find myself feeling guilty, like I am hungover. This is not unlike how I would feel after a bender. Anyway, I was not on a bender, and will hopefully start feeling better soon.

In the meantime, inertia has set in and I may just give in, watch a movie and go to bed early. Tomorrow is another day.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:16 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon Ready

D
Old 05-02-2016, 03:27 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Ready, I hope you are improving in the health department.

All in all, a good weekend for me. The Mets won 2 of 3 games vs the Giants and I was ther in person for the historic 12-run inning on Friday night. Rest of the weekend I spent catching up on house cleaning (the amount of dust in NYC continues to amaze me), school work, real work, and the new book for my book club.

Next weekend is Mother's Day, so I'll be heading to my parents house for that, which is a place where sobriety is relatively easier for me. But nonetheless, this last weekend felt very good in the sobriety department, where I never felt any form of craving and in fact, was happy to not be drinking once I saw on Friday how drunk some fans seemed on the train ride back to the city after the game.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Thanks Mets and Dee, I'm feeling fine now. Mets, I'm on a baseball high as well, we swept the Yankees this weekend and are on a decent roll. I can't believe Papi is retiring, he's playing great!

Nothing much is going on today - I spent yesterday laying low which was disappointing but I just didn't feel up to doing anything much. Work was ok today, it just seems like I can never get ahead. Maybe I'll surprise myself this week. I did get two things checked off today that had been sort of hanging over my head.

Anyway, all for now. Overall things are going well, what else can you ask for.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Hope you get better soon Ready.

Sounds like you're doing well Mets. Glad to hear it

I'm stuffed after a day of moving stock from the auction house to my storage unit. So unfit. Luckily someone helped me. Now going to bed. Hope the dog joins me. Night!

Edit: Started writing this last night. Good to hear you're okay Ready.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Checking in on Wednesday AM. All is going well. Been overcast and dreary/rainy here all week, which isn't nice, but I've had a nice/quiet week. Worked out Monday AM and am planning to go to the gym this afternoon.

Hope everyone is well.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Sounds like we are all in the same general steady eddy mode. The weather here has something to do with it, as it rains again. Steady is a good thing though.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

What a week, I am exhausted. It has been like pushing a boulder up a mountain. I see this being the case all through May. I am occasionally having cravings - not on their own, but if I see something on facebook or an ad with happy people having drinks, I can practically taste it. They pass quickly, but it's been a while since I've been in that kind of a mode, so I'm making note of it.

Anyway, not a lot of plans this weekend other than having lunch with a friend tomorrow. Hopefully I can do some of the things that got pushed back due to last weekend's ailment.

TGIF - have a good weekend all.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy weekend Ready and everyone

D
Old 05-07-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

I'm devastated, I just found out a friend of mine is dead. Has been dead for a about a week, but only found now since a friend did a wellness check. I am at the point now where I cannot believe it, and don't know how to react. She was barely 50. Wow.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry Ready.

D
Old 05-08-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee. It's still so surreal.
Old 05-08-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah - it is surreal - people our age are not meant to die

D
Old 05-09-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Ready, awful to hear about that. So sorry that's happened.

Overall. I had a nice Mother's Day weekend. The gloomy weather has finally passed, which is also nice. I didn't so much mind it being cold as I did mind it raining/drizzling for over a week.

This week has few plans for me. No cravings, but I still do catch myself thinking about how when my calendar would be open like this, it would be an excuse that I could drink. Instead, I have my book club book and will try to motivate myself to do long outdoor runs after work. Mets being in LA means I'll have about 5 hours of free time after work before settling in to watch baseball.

Ready. I hope you're coping OK and had a nice weekend.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, I'm over the initial shock. She was a nice person. I always got the sense that she never felt her life measured up to what she thought it would be. I think that's probably true of many of us but she seemed more disappointed than content. Anyway, I have many thoughts but nothing really coherent or profound. RIP my friend.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Ready)))

D
Old 05-11-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Good afternoon. The weather is beautiful today. I'm getting over another bug, and feeling much better today. The Red Sox have been killing it so that's fun. I don't have a lot to share but wanted to say thanks for positive thoughts over the past few days.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:41 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Yeah, sox have been killing it, as have the Mets pitchers. The Bartolo Colon home run is an all-time classic, lol.

Anyway, definitely feel old having trouble staying up for these 10PM road games, but I recall in prior years loving the chance to drink for them ("hey, more time to get drunk before the first pitch!") I'm sure I'll be tired at work tomorrow, but it's fine. It's a relatively slow week, so not a big deal and most importantly, really had no cravings at all, despite having 5 hours with little to do.

Hope everyone is doing well
Old 05-13-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

I cannot believe Bartolo Colon is still at it! Good stuff. You were right, both teams started slow but are making up for lost time. And good for you in managing the minefield that is spare time. I don't feel like joining a book club, but I do feel I don't read nearly enough. I am considering imposing a half hour reading time every day. I miss reading books.

Glad it's Friday.