Old 08-15-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Good morning ya'll.
none for me today.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
OMD

Happy Saturday everyone!

None for me today. I am going to be present in my life today instead.

Best wishes
OMD
Old 08-15-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. None for me too.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Hope you're all enjoying a good sober day.

I'm not going to drink today because I want to wake up with a smile tomorrow
Old 08-15-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

hello! Just checking in on this hot and humid Saturday. We are expecting a major storm in the area, so I am a little freaked out. The storm chasers have be hanging out in our neck of the woods, so I know it's going to be a doozy.

None for me today because tomorrow I want to finish my yard work hangover free!
Old 08-16-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Good morning folks.
No plans on drinking today. It's a nice day here. No reason blowing it sneaking drinks when ever I can.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
OMD

Morning all!

Happy Sunday! I have been unable to shake a stomach bug I've had for the last couple of weeks but at least I'm not drinking, which would have added to my problems.

Today is going to be a good day. None for me.

Hope you are all well.

Best wishes
OMD
Old 08-16-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better OMD!!

I'm feeling much better than I have in a while. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Morning, All. Had an interesting time with the AV this weekend. AV was really loud on Friday night - I was leaving the bookstore and AV came on really strong. I went back and forth with it while driving home - recognized I was feeling really lonely (HALT) and knew that I wouldn't want to be hungover in the morning because that would just ruin my weekend. Made it though that (and had a great swim in the morning).

Then last night the AV piped up again. I was at a dinner party with lots of wine/beer. Thought about having wine. My AV wanted me to drink it. But the more I thought about the more it just didn't sound like a good idea. I didn't want to be hungover because I wanted to wake up and run in the morning. So I managed to fend off the AV once again (and had a phenomenal run this morning).

On a side note, when I arrived at the dinner party my friends asked me what I wanted to drink (they had a large variety of non-alcoholic drinks b/c one of our other friends quit drinking too) and I told them tonic and lime. They went inside to get if for me and one of their friends straight up asked me if I no longer drank. He said he noticed that I haven't been drinking. I was a little shocked but said yeah that I had quit back in April and it's been really great. He kind of kept prying and I alluded to when I drank I was always a mess and I was tired of it. He apparently hadn't noticed that. It was a little uncomfortable but to be expected. He is the first person that's actually asked me if I didn't drink anymore (I've done my fair share of telling people). Just kind of weird.

Anyway, I'm glad I stayed sober this weekend because I was able to see friends and family and get some good workouts in without feeling any guilt. Being sober is way better than being chained to the bottle.

I'm glad to hear you all are doing well!
Old 08-16-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon OMD. Glad everyone is enjoying their Sunday it's gonna be a hot one today (possibly in the 100's). Gonna catch a little sun and relax. No drinking for me.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Good weekend for you swim!

Your experience reminds me of this comedy bit:

http://youtu.be/FpE5o6vzNNk
Old 08-16-2015, 10:10 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Good morning all, catch up laggers.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:11 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Inc, that was a funny clip It is kind of funny how "normal" drinkers react to us non-drinkers. It's good to find the humor in the struggle
Old 08-17-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
Good weekend for you swim!

Your experience reminds me of this comedy bit:

http://youtu.be/FpE5o6vzNNk
Thanks for the clip, Inc! Made me smile!

Hope you're feeling better OMD.

Well done on seeing off the AV, Swim and glad you're feeling more centred, Angie.

I had a good weekend. We were celebrating my brorher-in-law's birthday and he was down from Madrid for the weekend. It was all restaurants and bars which was OK. Nobody is a really big drinker though I have to admit to feeling itchy at times. I don't really like going to bars anymore which is pretty logical really.

Anyway, didn't drink but ate much too much and didn't sleep enough! Was in bed at 10'30pm last night and feel much better today.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 08-17-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
OMD

Morning all!
Thank you for the recovery wishes. They evidently worked because - seriously - last night was the first I was able to eat without stomach pains and feeling sick. This morning I feel better too. So, on the mend

My theory is that having stayed away from pools for most of my life, I picked something up somewhere since I now go a few times a week and because I am not very good at swimming I swallow water.....Anyway, am determined to crack it, so I'm just gonna keep going.

Glad everyone got through the weekend nicely. Amp - I'm with you, I'm not that fond of bars any more. Am more interested in life outside bars and I'm enjoying exercising - a lot!

Right, better get moving.

Have a great day everyone!

OMD
Old 08-17-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!! I'm about to head in to work. I tried my Fitbit again because I couldn't get it to charge a couple months ago and it works again! I checked back months ago when I was still drinking and my sleep was horrible! I averaged about 5 hours then. I'm now in a "workweek hustle" with some friends to try to get some steps in. I also joined the group here on SR. Feeling good and motivated. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 08-17-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! OMD I'm glad you are feeling better. And Amp I agree with you that being in a place where the main focus is drinking is no longer appealing to me either.

I'm feeling okay for a Monday. Did some journaling and feeling proud of myself for not drinking this weekend. I was reminded of a conversation I had with one of my best friends 7 or 8 years ago. We essentially were discussing my problem with drinking and how that was the one thing that was "wrong" with me. I feel fortunate that this is still the case, but quitting drinking has been the hardest thing I've ever done. I think it is also the most important thing I've ever done. So that makes the effort worth it.

I won't drink today because my sobriety is the most important thing in my life. Hope you all have a good day!
Old 08-17-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Hi, glad everyone is doing well. I woke up happy, energized and full of gratitude this morning.

OMD, guess you will just eventually build up your pool germ immunity. I hope it happens for you soon.

This past week I worked out 3, bought an activity tracker (gramin, not fitbit) and managed to meditate almost every morning. Not bad for me! This week will better. Getting a workout in everyday is my goal! and of course, not drinking!
Old 08-17-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Remember to fit in rest days Cauliflower! Your body needs those too to consolidate and reenergise. It's easy to get injured otherwise
Old 08-17-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Looks like a great day for April. Feeling great as well. Funny...almost seems like we're all on the same emotional roller coaster. Today the ride is a blast!!