Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 7

Old 08-08-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

swimkim glad you're back with us. I'm really glad you posted.

Spending time with family today. So far things are going well. Have a good Saturday!
Old 08-08-2015, 11:04 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hi all. It's 11:02 pm and I'm cleaning and washing clothes. My son and I slept late (around 9) this morning so now is a great time to get some stuff done. My son woke up about 5 minutes after I did and I think our kitty was ready for us to get up. I had cravings early this morning but they went away soon enough. Other than that, it was a nice day. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just touching base. Feeling better today and stomach cramps seem to have eased off. The one thing to be said for a stomach bug is that it certainly takes alcohol off your mind!

My patience is wearing a little thin with my mother visiting. Her philosophy has always been divide and rule and she just can't help herself. Well. Only five days to go.

Well, that's it from me! Rant over! Hope you all have an excellent day.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Ah...got to sleep in.
Funny part is, I'm ready for a nap.

I'm don't want to drink today because I'm working my part time job tonight and don't want to get busted working while drunk.

Have a great day ya'll
Old 08-09-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

All good reasons Inc. Focusing on short term motivation for not drinking is definitely a good way to stave off cravings!

Stay well all!
Old 08-09-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Morning, I wanted to post last night but just could not get a signal. I am so sorry you drank Kim, please stay close to SR and your plan. Don't give yourself permission to drink again, you will feel so much better if this is just small bump. We are here for you!

OMD, I counted April, May, June, July, August! 5 months, lol. I really got excited thinking we were almost 1/2 a year sober! But, we will get there.

AMP, I sometimes wake up feeling tired and slightly hungover, thinking wow, this sucks and I didn't even drink. But, it's just my body reacting to crappy food and poor sleep. It just goes to show how much drinking covered up all of our unhealthy choices.

Yesterday, we hosted a bbq at a colleagues and we came home with a cooler of ice cold beer. I thought for about 2 seconds to crack one open, but the thought went away pretty quickly. I saw myself getting drunk, depressed and angry with myself, and then the hangover. I am glad I am not hungover today!

Today is a typical lazy Sunday. Walking and relaxing are on the agenda today.
None for me today as well.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Hi everyone. Just touching base. Feeling better today and stomach cramps seem to have eased off. The one thing to be said for a stomach bug is that it certainly takes alcohol off your mind!

My patience is wearing a little thin with my mother visiting. Her philosophy has always been divide and rule and she just can't help herself. Well. Only five days to go.

Well, that's it from me! Rant over! Hope you all have an excellent day.
Seriously, 10 mins meditating each day will help you get through. Good luck!

OMD
Old 08-09-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
Morning, I wanted to post last night but just could not get a signal. I am so sorry you drank Kim, please stay close to SR and your plan. Don't give yourself permission to drink again, you will feel so much better if this is just small bump. We are here for you!

OMD, I counted April, May, June, July, August! 5 months, lol. I really got excited thinking we were almost 1/2 a year sober! But, we will get there.

AMP, I sometimes wake up feeling tired and slightly hungover, thinking wow, this sucks and I didn't even drink. But, it's just my body reacting to crappy food and poor sleep. It just goes to show how much drinking covered up all of our unhealthy choices.

Yesterday, we hosted a bbq at a colleagues and we came home with a cooler of ice cold beer. I thought for about 2 seconds to crack one open, but the thought went away pretty quickly. I saw myself getting drunk, depressed and angry with myself, and then the hangover. I am glad I am not hungover today!

Today is a typical lazy Sunday. Walking and relaxing are on the agenda today.
None for me today as well.
Ha! That's exactly what I did!

Glad you didn't have one of those beers. Before you know it we will be at half a year, and smiling too!

None for me today.
Best wishes
OMD
Old 08-09-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Ah...strolled by a bunch of bars. Very nice area with bars, restaurants, shops.

Feels good walking by them without much urge. I'm honestly more thankful I'm getting in my car with $30 bucks in my pocket!! 4 months ago I'd be spending it on Long Island iced teas. Then I'd drive for an hour over the legal limit.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. My three day weekend is almost over and my son left went with his dad a while ago. Missing him a lot. This would normally be my time to drink the most so I was never, ever OK on Mondays at work. So glad that part of my life is over. It has been a wonderful time off with my baby boy. Grateful to have a job to go to tomorrow. OMD, I'm going to start practicing ten minutes of meditation and see how it works for me. Hope everyone has a wonderful night.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Hi All. Made it through the weekend. Had some cravings last night and this afternoon. Was staying with some friends and we were out at dinner last night and I actually looked at the drink list. Decided a few drinks wouldn't be what I wanted and would leave me hungover in the morning. Again at lunch this afternoon contemplated drinks with lunch (played the tape through...where would drinks at lunch leave me? To sober up the rest of the afternoon and not be hungover tomorrow/miss work again? No, a few drinks at lunch would cause me to continue drinking all day and definitely miss work. So I decided no). At first I felt shame for even considering drinking. But I realized I shouldn't feel ashamed, because it was my AV who had those thoughts. And I was strong for not allowing any drinking to take place.

I checked out a book from the library yesterday: "Smashed" by Koren Zailckas. So far so good. I'll let you guys know what I think.

I hope you all have a good start to the week!
Old 08-10-2015, 12:37 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hi all!

I may try a spot of meditation, OMD. Seriously considering it but I've never done it before. Not sure how to get started. I spend a fair amount of time thinking and working things out which, I guess, is the same principal. Maybe time to take it a step further.

Well done Inc for flexing your sober muscles walking by those bars! It is always important to remind ourselves of the advantages of staying sober

Swim - Great news you didn't drink. You may still be a little vulnerable from your relapse so be wary of those social situations and drinks lists!!!

Have a happy Fun Day Monday, all!!!
Old 08-10-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Woke up feeling confident. I'm not going to drink today because I want to ride that wave.

AMP....
Meditation is the bomb. I need to do it more often. As a newb in the field, I used youtube for guided meditation at first. You can search for ones to address certain things, like depression, anxiety, confidence. The whole idea is to bring ourselves to the NOW. Enjoy now, live now to the fullest, what can you do now to make tomorrow better? You seem like somebody who digs into things when interested. The more you learn, the more effective it is. And here's my chance to throw out NLP again. The two go hand in hand and make that time spent more powerful.

Swim...
Good for you! Yeah...your AV is awake again. It'll bug ya for a little while. Be strong and clear with your communication with it. You are NOT drinking. You DONT WANT to drink. Drinking leads to bad things. NOTHING good comes from it. One drink is too many, a thousand is not enough. Talk to it like you would a child. It'll go back to hanging out behind the scenes in no time.

Really happy for ya that you didn't cave in. Sometimes folks have a small hiccup in sobriety then find themselves giving in altogether. You see them here all the time posting relapses. Good for you for staying on the path!!

Have a great day all
Old 08-10-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Good morning,
Kim! You are doing fantastic, and you are completely right that it's not you, it's your AV. I like what Inc has added as well, keep talking back to your AV, don't let it overpower you! You can do it. Google the trusty Rational Recovery website and take the "crash course" on AVRT.

We are all on the same page, because I was just thinking this morning that I will start meditating again. I too use guided meditation by Deepak Chopra. I am not that good at sitting in silence without my mind wondering all over the place. It does take practice!

Yesterday I was flooded with energy! I went for a run/walk with my dog, who. at 8 years old was not happy with the run part of our walk. He was literally pulling me back to stop, and he is pretty strong. Next time I am thinking of leaving him at home, which is a toss up because he does like the walks and needs the exercise just as much as I do, also he is a good bear dog.

I also went for a 8km bike ride. It feels good to get moving again. I think I found a good vitamin regimen, coupled with eating better for me food, is making all the difference n regards to my energy levels. Oh ya, and not drinking helps too!

None for me today on this sunny Monday morning.

Have a good day guys!
Old 08-10-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Lots of really uplifting posts this morning. Meditation is a Great tool. I need to start it back up. Fun day Monday has begun
Old 08-10-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in here. My clean date is april 13th 2015. That's 119 days of being sober and it feels good! Getting ready to go to my weekly self-help group night. Class of april 2015, I salute you.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Hey Rivka! Great to see a new sober face round here! This is a great little group and we help each other along the way with great heart and soul so welcome aboard.

You're a week ahead of me as my sober date is the 20th. Already looking forward to getting up to 4 months though
Old 08-10-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Rivka

D
Old 08-10-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Welcome, Rivka!

Thanks all for the support. I joined the August 2015 class as well. Today was a good sober day! It actually started off pretty rough - I was just in a really bad mood and did not want to be at work. My mood slowly brightened throughout the day and it ended on a high note with a productive meeting. Was tired after work and had to force myself to go to the gym, and surprise, surprise felt amazing after working out. Did a couple of really hard intervals and felt myself pushing out stress. I am happy to have had a normal, sober day, unlike the hell I endured on Friday. Being sober is where it's at!

Hope you all are well!
Old 08-10-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Good morning all, long weekend is over for me - now catch up laggers.