Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 19

Old 08-04-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Thought I would drop a few lines . Hoping all is ok in the 2013 Julyers . Been figuring out how to set up my little brother sew machine I got today. Wow have I forgot a lot Good thing I found a yourtube video on how to get it going
Lost some weight figured instead of buying new clothes , take them in . I get like a yo yo with weight , why buy new - just incase .
Oh I wanted to ask if there's a way to find this thread , instead of looking through all my posts ? I always seem to do things the hard way .
Take care all , have a good evening
Old 08-04-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Thanks guys for the support. I do love my friend, she's a good person. I do think that she herself may have a little problem with wanting to drink too much. She's stopped drinking wine, because she said that once she opened a bottle, she more or less couldn't help but drink the whole bottle. Now she drinks a couple of beer at least a night. So, I think she's a bit jealous that I'm able to not drink, she perhaps feels left out. I can't believe that I was tempted. No way do I want to go down that path again, it would be crazy! I want to continue to work on staying in the present and any/all mind altering substances will not allow me to do this.
I have a lot of neck/shoulder pain following the car accident. I think I may need some massage therapy.
I invited Rod over for dinner tomorrow night. I'm going to try a new recipe. I've never been fond of cooking, so perhaps this will be good for me to make the effort. There's always take away if it goes wrong!
Night folks.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Wow, this place has been busy the last week or so. I just did a marathon catch up and am so pleased with all the activity.

Bob, I have been to Roanoake. Years ago in my quest to visit Shenandoah we stayed there. Of course, back then beer was beer no matter how far down Skyline Drive we went. Instead of enjoying all of the great nature there, much of the time was wasted. So please take in a scenic overlook for me. You must be detouring for college, since you are way off 95. Have fun!

Snoozy: So glad you made it through Christian's b-day and that things are back on track for you. I saw a big discussion about counting days. I can attest that 1-30 are hardest to earn, but you are doing it. So is Ladybug. Casey is making great strides too. Yeah team. Even with a hick up, no one can take away the days your were sober. Better to have those sober days, than not. As for the guilt with the kids, whoever said that they go through phases and will always find something that you did to tick them off (ruin their life) was right. Even being sober, there are days I can do no right by my daughter.

Leshar: It seems like you have a connection with your new friend. That is just wonderful. I am so glad for you to see your lighthearted posts, talking about things like making dinner and meeting his people. Whether its young love or senior love, you relationship is in its infancy, so try to enjoy the new company and maybe a few kisses, without worrying about the big stuff. I wipe my lips when my husband kisses me after drinking because a) yuck; and b) I am paranoid it will throw me into a relapse ;-) As for your friend. I agree with you, she might be envious of your sobriety. I recently reconnected with an old friend and had to beat down the AV. It wasn't my friend's fault, it was just the memories she stirred up. I have seen her a few times. She totally supports my sobriety (thank goodness). She seems to refrain from drinking around me. But I still get the feeling in my stomach when I am getting ready to see her.

As for me, things are busy, in a good way. We have been camping every weekend and enjoying our summertime family. The summer is going way too fast. I still need to get to my daughter to the Boardwalk (our day in Ocean City was strictly beach). We have also been doing "Poker Runs". They are motorcycle rides for charity. 100's of bikes get together for a 90 mile tour with different stops, where you pick up a poker card. The best hand wins. I love riding in that big pack of bikes. They are a good group of people and surprisingly I have ran into quite a few that are in recovery.

Thank you to SW, Casey, Nest, Pete, Ladybug, Crois, Glimer, Dee and all Julyers I missed for your check-ins, updates and well wishes.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It's after midnight here so it's officially 90 days for me! This is now three weeks longer continuous sobriety than I've ever had before. It keeps getting a little better each and every day. Thanks to all of you for keeping me sober one day at a time!
Old 08-04-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Do your best

Casey you are amazing congrats on 90 days

good morning lovely way to wake up 6.40am
Old 08-04-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Poker Run sounds fun, NJKitty!

I'm not a bike rider myself but there are a ton of bikers in active recovery in the AA groups around my town. I always like when I see the patches saying something like "SOBER RIDER" on them. Very cool.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:17 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Sounds like heaven Casey , I could easily have done the same but had to drop my car in for a service , take Holly to work , go to physio , catch up with some food shopping ( chocolate and such )

I bought a freshly baked huge chicken & mushroom pie from the bakery for our dinner tonight.
Then a berry crumble pie for dessert with dollop cream think I just died n went to heaven.

Can't wait for Holly to finish so I can put it on, yummmmmmy

Hiya Nikki , nice to see you back sweetheart , looking forward to a post

Luvya all xx

:Vlal004:
Old 08-05-2015, 01:09 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sounds lovely Snooz

Have a great day julyers im off to a bit of shopping

Spk soon
Old 08-05-2015, 02:14 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Casey!
Old 08-05-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Congrats Casey!

Leshar, you sound in a bloody good place right now. The very, very last thing you need is alcohol and im so glad you know that.

Your friend has her own path, don't let yours stray because of her AV talking. Regardless, If she knew how much you struggled with depression prior to ECT, I just can't see how she'd suggest alcohol could bloody help - a depressant!
Old 08-05-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Thanks, Croissant. You're exactly right.
Casey, congratulations on 90 days!
Old 08-05-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days Casey!! So happy for you
Old 08-05-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Casey!!!!!!!

90 days rocks.

Hi'ya, Julyers!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Do your best

Casey your amazing

Hi Leigh
Old 08-05-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks everyone for the congrats!

Off work today. No plans except maybe going to a noon AA meeting and definitely going to an 8 pm one. I'm sure there will be some quiet reading done at some point today for a couple of hours.

Feeling good. Definitely on the right track now. Sobriety seems more and more my natural state of living each and every day.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Hey everybody ,one thing about motels, the internet is very spotty.
We're in Orlando. Visited Disney last night. Stayed past midnight.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome bob
Old 08-05-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

If my husband gives the go-ahead, I'll be in VA Beach Friday and Saturday for my cousin's viewing and funeral (we had my dad's funeral three weeks ago, and boom! now it's hers).
Old 08-05-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sorry for your loss, Gilmer, especially coming so close to your dad's passing.

2014 was like that for me--lost my mom and both grandfathers within a short time span. Wish I'd been sober for any of that, as I'm still not sure that I've really grieved. Something I probably need to look at soon.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

This cousin was by far the most pleasant, easygoing, and friendly one in the family! It was always great to see her! I am really sorry she's gone.