View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
NJKitty

Wow, this place has been busy the last week or so. I just did a marathon catch up and am so pleased with all the activity.

Bob, I have been to Roanoake. Years ago in my quest to visit Shenandoah we stayed there. Of course, back then beer was beer no matter how far down Skyline Drive we went. Instead of enjoying all of the great nature there, much of the time was wasted. So please take in a scenic overlook for me. You must be detouring for college, since you are way off 95. Have fun!

Snoozy: So glad you made it through Christian's b-day and that things are back on track for you. I saw a big discussion about counting days. I can attest that 1-30 are hardest to earn, but you are doing it. So is Ladybug. Casey is making great strides too. Yeah team. Even with a hick up, no one can take away the days your were sober. Better to have those sober days, than not. As for the guilt with the kids, whoever said that they go through phases and will always find something that you did to tick them off (ruin their life) was right. Even being sober, there are days I can do no right by my daughter.

Leshar: It seems like you have a connection with your new friend. That is just wonderful. I am so glad for you to see your lighthearted posts, talking about things like making dinner and meeting his people. Whether its young love or senior love, you relationship is in its infancy, so try to enjoy the new company and maybe a few kisses, without worrying about the big stuff. I wipe my lips when my husband kisses me after drinking because a) yuck; and b) I am paranoid it will throw me into a relapse ;-) As for your friend. I agree with you, she might be envious of your sobriety. I recently reconnected with an old friend and had to beat down the AV. It wasn't my friend's fault, it was just the memories she stirred up. I have seen her a few times. She totally supports my sobriety (thank goodness). She seems to refrain from drinking around me. But I still get the feeling in my stomach when I am getting ready to see her.

As for me, things are busy, in a good way. We have been camping every weekend and enjoying our summertime family. The summer is going way too fast. I still need to get to my daughter to the Boardwalk (our day in Ocean City was strictly beach). We have also been doing "Poker Runs". They are motorcycle rides for charity. 100's of bikes get together for a 90 mile tour with different stops, where you pick up a poker card. The best hand wins. I love riding in that big pack of bikes. They are a good group of people and surprisingly I have ran into quite a few that are in recovery.

Thank you to SW, Casey, Nest, Pete, Ladybug, Crois, Glimer, Dee and all Julyers I missed for your check-ins, updates and well wishes.