Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 19

Old 08-03-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Thanks for all the good wishes re my new friend Rod. I was invited to dinner at his daughters and son in laws yesterday for a steak dinner. The food was amazing.
I like Rod but I'm getting nervous as the question of intimacy becomes more apparent. I will never love nor feel as comfortable again with anyone like I was with Larry. Is it worth it? Rod is very sweet and respectful to me. I guess I will just play it by ear. It's lovely to have him to chat to, do things with. I'm never looking to cohabit nor marry again. I guess I will try and live in the moment. His drinking which is very moderate doesn't bother me nor tempt me at all. I love always being aware of my senses!
Snoozy, I'm so glad that you feel a bit more settled about your son. Take it one day at a time. I'm dying to hear about Pete's wedding coming up. Guess he's too busy to post!
Old 08-03-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Leshar this is wonderful darling :-)
Don't do anything you don't want to do regarding intimacy :-)

But sometimes cleaning out the pipes may make you feel wonderful. It's no slur on you lovely :-) don't worry , you have needs.

I say go for it , live your happy life , we are right behind you.

Intimacy can reinvigorate your life , don't EVER feel bad for that darling one xxx
Old 08-03-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Administrator

Take things at your own speed and in the direction you want things to go Leshar - there's no rush and no imperative

D
Old 08-03-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys!!
Old 08-03-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Leshar i agree with the rest of the julyers go at your own speed if its meant to be it will be good on you btw Leshar

Ive got dinner on stuffed turkey breast & stuffed mushrooms

Hope all the julyers are ok
Old 08-03-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Afternoon all been having some bad thunderstorms all morning . Think it's calming down a little .
Hope so for my old dog "Baby"she's real scared of them She will pace the floors till her hips almost give out !
I don't mind them much , but I won't talk on phone while it's booming & cracking LOL
SW glad you mentioned stuffed mushrooms , forgot about them . Been wanting something different .
Wish you all a good afternoon
Old 08-03-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Nest

Dinner was really nice watching louis therouxs return to the westboro baptist church

Goodnight Julyers 9.46pm
Old 08-03-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Hi guys.

Yes Leshar , I'm to hear about Petes wedding too.
I'm glad your companion isn't a big drinker.myou seem to be quite in control of everything which is good.

You are right regarding the fact that you will probably never love anyone as much as you did Larry. There are all different kinds of love.
I think as we get older , it's lovely to have a companion , someone to share things with .
I really agree with Dee too. Take it at your own speed, there's no need to rush into anything , just enjoy the moment. I'm Really happy for you xxx

Oh well , time for me to get up and take Holly to work , then I have a work meeting in the city at 10.30 , better get my skates on lol x
Old 08-03-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Just checking in - had a busy weekend and Monday. Spent today at the pool so everyone is exhausted (although my 5 yo will never tell she's tired). The sun and running around with 2 little ones just wipes me out.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Off to put baby to bed, hoping she sleeps through the night!!
Old 08-03-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Thanks, guys!!
I agree with everyone else, Leshar and if things feel right now....just go with that feeling. Pre-drinking it always took months for me to decide on that next step.

Rod is not Larry and you are not the same person now as you were with Larry...you will find whatever rhythm suits your drum now, I'm sure.xx

I have a girlfriend and her Mum dated later in life and we always knew and referred to her partner as her "Companion". They had an awesome time together, but intimacy wasn't a part of that. Anyway, Im just saying, make your own rules, nothing is right or wrong!
Old 08-03-2015, 10:44 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Great advice as always dearest Crois :-)

For you darling Crois lol xx

image.jpg
Old 08-03-2015, 10:46 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning Julyers 6.45am
Old 08-04-2015, 01:09 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Snooz, I got caught into watching Home & Away last week. Nearly got hooked again, but thankfully I've been too busy, lol.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:51 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just waiting on breakfast then im fixing the hinge on the backdoor its not sitting right but this time im doing it with a powerdrill i borrowed of my bil

Going to wash my dog then go out for a walk

Going to try some daytime meditating today i normally do it at night but today itl be guided mindfulness

Spk in the afternoon have a good day julyers
Old 08-04-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Wolfy I need you to come over & show my hubby how to get motivated ! Lol
Old 08-04-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Hi guys,
Yesterday I had coffee with a dear girlfriend. I love her, she's a great girl. But she spent a good portion of the time telling me that she wished I would drink again. She said that now that I'm seeing Rod, we could have a glass of wine together with dinner, that Rod drinks moderately and that I would follow suit. That I'm fun when I drink, not like her husband who becomes maudlin.
I'm going to be completely honest guys and say that I felt tempted, like, yes, I've learned mt lesson and perhaps now I could just have a glass of wine with dinner and I'd be ok. Then I think of the two years of hard work and how I don't want to risk things. I love my friend. I just don't know why she goes on about me about not drinking. It isn't the first time. She's on a 30 day booze free spell in her effort to lose weight, and I know she's finding it tough. Maybe she's jealous?
Any thoughts on what to say if she weighs in again?
Today, I feel confident again in my conviction that I'm doing the right thing. With my rotten depression history alone, I need to avoid alcohol!
Old 08-04-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Do your best

Ive noticed you have called her a dear girlfriend who you love Leshar i have friends that know im alcoholic and would never dare offer me alcohol

Does she know your alcoholic, if she doesnt i suggest telling her if she is that close or asking her to pipe down on the trying to make me drink

Leshar if i had someone doing that to me i wouldnt call them a friend

i dont mean to sound harsh its that i care about you and it sounds like shes trying to lead you astray ... You said you were tempted ? What kind of friend tries to tempt thier alcoholic friend into drinking again

Leshar i hope things with rod continue to go well im not sure why your friend wants you to drink i find it so wrong and im really sorry leshar im not trying to bash your mate im just trying to understand it

Your doing amazing btw Leshar
Old 08-04-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

]Leshar. , take it first hand fromme .the grass is NOT greener on the drinking side. Please dont even give it another second of your thoughts.
You will never be able to moderate , it's impossible & an illusion.

It will bring you nothing but misery and disappointment , illness , sadness & all the vile things that come with it.

You can NOT just have one glass ever.
You have come so far & gone through so very much . Just for now enjoy your life each day as it comes .
Alcohol is ******** !! It's lies and misery disguised in a pretty bottle. It's poison.

I'm very sorry and regretful I succumbed just before my 2 years. It's way too hard to try to get back on track to sobriety .
Be happy with no mood altering substance. You're a very smart woman and a delight to talk to , so let him see this wonderful side of you.

Why complicate things when you are on a good wicket honey.

Im proud of you xxx

Much love
Old 08-04-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Leshar--sounds like she has her own problems with drinking since you say she's done this to you before. If she does it again, I would probably be more direct and tell her you do not drink anymore, period, and you would appreciate if she didn't bring the subject up again as it makes you uncomfortable. If she brings it up again after that, I'd cross her off my list of friends.

Snoozy speaks from much recent experience on how we do not want to open that door back up by taking that first drink again. Heck, I've got that experience too for that matter. It's taken me thirteen years worth of day ones to get to day 89 today. I promise you that you don't want to go back into that hole of despair where drinking alcoholically will lead you.

Wishing you and everyone else a happy and sober Tuesday! I'm off work today and am planning on not even leaving the house. Got a couple of good books I'm reading, lots of food to cook, and a big queue of television shows to catch up on.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sounds great Casey im waiting on getting my books delivered i ordered another today to do with mindfulness

Cod & Chorizo on patatas bravas for dinner yum