Notices

One Year & Over Part 27

Old 07-03-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Do your best

im in the middle of a sheet lightning storm & loving it its humid but hopefully the storm will cool things down

Sorry about Lousy-ana weather Itchy we had 95% humidity last week & it was awful

I forgot to say that ive washed my hair twice on my own this week i havnt put my head underwater but i havnt been using cotton wool so far so good my ear isnt reacting i dont want to push things but my alopecia is 85% gone aswell

Have a great weekend Overs
Old 07-03-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks All for the Congratulations. It is most gratifying and heartwarming.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Re-Member

YW Lyd! I'm so proud for you.

Wolf, I'll bet you are glad to be getting the rest of the hair filling in. My hearing is damaged from the infection. But it is still there. Hope whenever the dadburn goldarn mudder truckin tube comes out of my eardrum it stops feeling like if I yawn it will all clear up and return!
Old 07-03-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Do your best

I hope your ear improves asap Itchy its been the longest thing ive had to deal with im praying this is it & the infection is gone...time will tell

im trying to sleep but current humidity is 95% not good

I just checked again current humidity 98% this isnt good
Old 07-03-2015, 09:17 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I feel very spoiled right now, we have pretty much perfect summer weather at the moment. Spent the afternoon in the sun by a river, with a cool breeze. Sorry. :-/
Old 07-03-2015, 09:17 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs, there's a lot of rumbling about and it's not my belly! I love a good storm.

Toots, sorry to hear about your mil and sil. Prayers and positive thoughts being sent. Also, it's lovely that you' get on so well, there can be so many clashes with dil/mil relationships.

Wolfie, I heard a tip and I've been using it the last few nights. Get a hot water bottle fill with cold or ice cold water. Put in your bed a few hours before you Go to bed then if you wish put fresh cold water in again. It really helps cool the bed down for a comfortable nights sleep!

Hi itchy, it's great to see pics of places over a period of time. You've certainly had some weather!

Lightening in the air now, it's amazing how after hot humid weather you know, can feel, that storms are brewing. I'm sure there's a scientific reason or could just be nature looking after its earth.

I haven't tried crayfish Wolfie, is it like prawns?

Hi feeling good, Inpar, lyddie, Andy, Fbl , Dee, Gilmer and everyone.

Speak later
Old 07-03-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sounds lovely Inpar, we have thunder lightening now rain so heavy. It's 5.23 am so I'm sure it will clear up for another hot day. Hopefully not too hot.

Have a nice evening.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Toots! Good news on the medical front.

It is cool this AM here, 64 deg (18c) usually does not get below 70 this time of year. Need some bright, hot days for the tomatoes and such to ripen, lots of leaves, no fruit!

Have a great 4th all who celebrate.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Wow, Itch! That's crazy!
Old 07-04-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

IP, we've also had perfect summer weather here lately. Sunny and 75 during the day and mid 50s at night...I'm lovin' every minute of it

Toots, congrats on the books! Also good news about your MIL...hopefully she'll bounce back quickly.

Itch, nice pictures. Too bad it looks more like a lake than a yard.

Happy 239th birthday, America!

Old 07-04-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Do your best

Mags thats a fantastic idea, Toots im happy you got your website up & running

Happy 4th July to all my American friends
Old 07-04-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

happy independence day overs!
Old 07-04-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Toots glad to hear the update about your MIL.
Itch and Soberwolf you both have the health issue? I came in after that began.
With those pictures are wild! Side note, I love yiu r porch setup! Do you spend much time on it?
We had a nice day yesterday. Got our deal all toddler proofed so we could grill out and relax. Lots of parties in the neighborhood that got me down for a little but not long. Seeing some family today.
Have a good day all!
Old 07-04-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I'm in the mountains this weekend, and it is peaceful and quiet!

I've even gotten some homework done this morning!
Old 07-04-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Gilmer being in the mountains sounds serene
Old 07-04-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Homework! Geez.
Here is a picture of the river I was at yesterday. There are no lakes around here that are really suitable for swimming, so I make do with this little sandy beach on the river. The cool thing about being up north is it's easy to escape people--I had this all to myself, just me and the bugs.

river.jpg

Think I'm going to paint today.

The air is full of smoke from forest fires.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good evening Overs.

Toots - hugs and healing thoughts for your MIL and SIL.

Wolfie - good news on the ear front.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Treerat
Old 07-04-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

InPar, that looks nice. I'm sorry there are forest fires nearby.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wolf,
I'm fine and the tube is all that is left to drop out. Infections cleared up here since before the tube was put in. I'm fine really, with what I have. It is pouring again today, with high humidity. I hated this weather before we became a candidate for flooding of biblical proportions. Too hot and humid.

IP,
I envy you the weather up there. We loved Alberta and B.C. when we visited twice in one year. Gorgeous pic of a gorgeous place!

Hey Mags!
I've done pics of every season we have spent here since we bought the place in 2003. It was a mess and we cleared out the excess trees so a lawn could grow and left only Oaks. I did a lot of tractor work and had a trackhoe in here twice. Once more for the drainage culverts I am putting in under the drive and shaping the drainage so it can all get through my yard without backing up. That is after the new house if it EVER - QUITS - POURING - RAIN!!!.

If you ever crossed a lobster and a shrimp and let it live in fresh water, that is what mudbugs/crawdads/crawfish/crayfish taste like.

Drake,
Happy 4th too you too!

Gil,
It is insane! I hear you are up in the mountains( Appalachians?) I've driven the Blue Ridge Parkway once in summer of '84 and it was gorgeous! Came up through the Smokies on 40 and took the Blue Ridge pkwy on the way to Washington D.C. Gorgeous.

FBL,
I need to move to Denver! Great song for today. Thnks. (My pick this year is an oldie by the Animals "We Gotta Get Outta This Place."

RZ,
You too! No gigs?

Toots,
I went back to see where I missed that you got your website up and running. Must have been on another thread? But did see I missed the SIL update. I'm glad for her getting past the chemo too. MIL just got done with that here a few months back and she is doing as well as can be expected but still cancer free we hope.

OLL,
Yes we do but it goes away to the back of the new house and a wedding cake step and small overhang will be on the front door as the new one is designed with the second door on the side where we park. No more scooting through rain as we are building a new deck on that side. The old one gets attached to it as it is only 10X10 and will be turned into a BBQ station and Gazebo with the steps down into the back yard. We will be putting a new deck in front of the side door with an overhang leading down to the carport, and it will wrap around to the old deck. The chain link to define a "backyard." Which makes no sense since the pups have free reign of the entire yard and don't wander. They go together and when they are done they come up on the porch and Skylar barks twice to let us know to come open the door. Or if only one is home and in the bathroom they lay down in the shade and wait patiently.

Hi Andy!

Y'all have a fine, dry, weekend! Ours?