Notices

Class of May 2015 (Part 5)

Old 06-12-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Lol it's 8.41am Saturday morning right now in Australia. I am in Melbourne xo
Old 06-12-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I don't know Sansa. Seems strange and kinda magical to me. Depending on your perspective, either you're living in the future or I'm living in the past.

AllieK--glad the cravings are passing. It's also supposed to storm here tonight and tomorrow. In fact the county next to us just had a tornado warning issued as I was typing this.

Johnny555-- I am also not a fan of Mr. Matthews' music. Sounds like a good idea to seek shelter while he's in town. Though I also wouldn't let the invasion of your streets by his fans bother you too much. That's definitely something that is out of your control.

On another note, sounds like you've got one great friend close by. That's something to be grateful for.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can confirm that the east coast of Australia is usually 14 or 15 hours ahead of US east coast....so sometimes we really are on a different day...but not for long

I hope the dreams settle down Cissy, and the insomnia Casey - they did for me

stop listening to country songs Allie !

and I know what you mean Johnny - I was a boy for a lot longer than I should have been, and I had great trouble making decisions too...

the longer I laid off the sauce tho, the more I realised how competent and capable I really was.
dealing with life sober you have no choice but to grow up quickly, really.

We can change...I did...and if I can anyone can

D
Old 06-12-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Dee, I thought you were a lady! Damn. That's 0 for two. Who else is going incognito around here??

I know that the time zones are such that the other half of the world is ahead of the USA, but they couldn't be in the midst of Tuesday when we are on Friday and that is what has been puzzling me since you first said it, Casey. I had to get to the bottom of it and finally, I have. You admitted to being silly. Casey closed.

Storms coming tonight and early morning! Can't wait. Won't tell my doggie. She will know as they are closing in. I got the a/c units in the windows today. It's been hours to get the house to the level of coolth that I like. And then I had a call from someone who was excited to come look at my computer desk and it sounded like he was coming cash in hand. I got busy figuring out how to take the main parts of it apart so it would fit in his Rav 4.

Stupid kid! He comes with his girlfriend who didn't realize this desk was going to be for her and she wanted to keep the other one they already had and I had it 2/3 of the way apart for transport when I hear him say that he was looking at the desk. JUST LOOKING. I wanted to slap that stupid youthful skin right off his face.

I was dying of heat. I didn't want him to come tonight cause it's so hot but he was so eager and wanted to come right away. I could have killed him. As he was leaving I tried hard not to slam the door in his face. "She wants to look at the other desks for sale. We'll call you later and let you know if we want it." I was thinking maybe I'd just tell them it was gone.

I'm hateful in that way sometimes. I figure I shouldn't be the only one learning lessons.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Ooh! And I wrote a long, detailed email to the woman at the apartment complex. Hehehehe.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Ok nothing like some crazy neighbor drama to remind me why I want to stay sober. Won't bore you with the details but she is generally high or drunk and I'm pretty sure by the looks of her car and herself when she got out of it that she was just involved in a crime of some sort. She had some whacked out story that made no sense. Yep the craving has passed.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I apologize for confusing you, Cissy. Though at least part of the blame belongs to those crafty Australians for deciding to leave on the upside down part of the world. I don't have that much faith in gravity or the International Date Line.

Sorry about the hassle with the desk. Have you had any other luck with your sales?

AllieK--Pretty sure I've lived next door to that same neighbor before. Good reminder of the bad side of addiction.

PS I am a man just in case anyone was confused about that.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

One time someone got really irate at me for 'pretending I was a lady' LOL.

I go by Dee here in Oz and noone bats an eyelid...never dreamed it might confuse others - it's too late to change now

D
Old 06-12-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dee, I just always picture you as an anthropomorphic black and white cat with a sassy stride. Are you telling me that's not true either?

Hasn't happened in this class thread but in the past my name has been confusing for people on SR as it can definitely be a male or female name in real life. Casey is my real middle name and is the name I have always gone by in real life. My first name is the name of my great-great-grandfather, not sure why my parents named me after him but then decided to actually call me by my middle name.

My dad was a professional rodeo cowboy when I was a kid and his rodeo idol was some cowboy from the 1950s named Casey Tibbs. That's where the Casey comes from. Ironic thing is I have only ridden a horse one time in my entire forty years of life.

When I joined SR, I decided that using the common AA nomenclature of first name and last initial was an honest but reasonably anonymous moniker to give myself.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not a muppet either

D
Old 06-12-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Well, giddy up, Casey! You've got a reputation to uphold.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I do not own a cowboy hat or any big shiny belt buckles.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Checking in. Per usual, I'm behind on posts.

Still sober. From alcohol anyway. Blew almost two months clean from drugs tonight. I can't believe I'm doing this. Hopefully tomorrow will be day 1 again of no drugs.

Sorry guys.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

going from alcohol to something else is never a good road to be on - been there.
Cut your losses and make sure you're heading into a day 1 Copper

D
Old 06-12-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Yeah, Dee, I know this won't end well.

I was doing so well, too. Not really sure how I got to this point.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Copper, glad you're back. If you've got any of whatever drug you took left, I hope you'll flush it now.

I noticed that you hadn't posted in here or the December 2014 thread for the last four days. Before that you were posting in both at least once a day and most days multiple posts per. You had some rough days in there but some good ones too and you stayed clean and sober for all of them, good or bad. I don't think that's a coincidence. Hope you'll stick close with us moving forward. We love you and need you here with us. You're an instrumental part of this group and deserve a clean and happy life.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thank you, Casey. I didn't intentionally stay away. Life just got more hectic than usual. I need to make time to stay connected here it would seem.

I'm pissed at myself for doing this. Glad I didn't drink but still equally bad.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Sorry to jump in, but i thought Dee was female too! I had an image of a homely mother-type older woman named probably Deidre! Now I imagine you to be a hardcore truckie or bikie that has changed his ways - ike the guardian angels or something. Funny how we make up our own images in our heads.
And Sansa, i feel like you really are Sansa from your profile pic. Maybe I could pretend to be Catherine Zeta-Jones!! Would be good to have gender as part of the profile.
Anyway, everyone is doing fantastic here in the may class. You all really support each other so well. I'm on day 9 today, but feeling a bit under the weather with a cold.
Happy sober days and restful sleeps!
Old 06-12-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Copper -- don't beat yourself up. It's done but doesn't have to happen again. Look at whatever happened that led to this decision tonight and what you could do differently if the situation arises again. Turn tonight into a learning experience.

Like I said, most important thing is you quickly came back in here. You're back on the right path!

SandyO -- so glad you checked in with us. Been keeping up with your progress in the June class. Glad to see you're staying so active here on SR. Keep on keeping on!

Got about 30 minutes left in the first episode of the new season of Orange is the New Black and then I'm headed to bed. Hopefully I'll get a full eight hour's sleep, fingers crossed. Talk to everyone tomorrow! Thanks for helping to keep me sober one more day.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I'm a muso so trucker/biker is not far off Sandy

D