Notices

Class of May 2015 (Part 5)

Old 06-10-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by chanty View Post
Casey, I'm often here on my own, don't know why there are a lot of people in Aus with drinking problems!!! Anyhow, made it through the night. So very thankful to SR, and a bit proud of myself. The av started in the morning saying I should have a drink that night. It was tough, but made it through, by folding lots of washing and reading on here.
Yeah, there are a ton of Australians on SR but I think you and SansaS are the only ones actively posting on this class thread now. (I apologize if I missed someone else, don't know everyone's location obviously.) I'm proud of you too! You did the right thing coming in here and talking about it and by just not drinking period.

Always remember if the cravings get too bad in the middle of American night hours, you can always start an all new thread on the Newcomers board. That's probably the best way to get as many responses as possible if needed.

Once again, you're awesome! And if folding laundry helps keep you sober, you're always welcome to fold mine. That might be my least favorite household chore. Wonder how much postage to Australia and back would be...
Old 06-10-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks,, Case and Chanty And good for you, Chanty for getting through the night! I've been having more cravings too lately. I think it's stress and being tired for me. Work is crazy busy so I guess that's a good thing, but it's days like this where I really want to unwind with a glass. Keep playing the tape forward.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:32 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Yes the wellbutrin makes me jumpy. Coffee or anything else like that is multiplied by 10 with the wellbutrin. More anxious now, but at first it made me very edgy. When I first got on it six months ago I was one inch away from tearing someone's head off. Maybe I should try Cymbalta, it's got both kinds of antidepressant in it. I definitely need the energizing SNRI component.

Australia. I can't wait to get there someday. Seems awesome.

I watched Lost Brothers of Sudan, I think was the title? On HBO tonight. African refugees who come to the US. I loved Africa. That's where I want to be. I didn't go on any American millionaire trip either. We roughed it. It was awesome!! Anyway, decent movie especially if you don't know anything about that kind of thing.

The first thing I watched was The Judge. Robert Downy and Robert Duvall. Pretty intense.

If you want good binge watching I'm sure I can come up with a list. Dexter is fantastic (dark though). I loved True Blood, but you need to be open to vampire, werewolf, fairy stuff (if can get past that, it is a real show and hilarious. Campy though). 'True Detective' a perfect 10. Breaking Bad, incredible.

Comedy: 30 Rock. Ridiculously funny.

Went camera shopping today. I got energy back. Tough decision when you want an all around camera and not something for a specific task. I also want portability, tired of lugging big SLR type cams around. I could write a guide on them at this point.

Ok getting tired. Night.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:48 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

6 full weeks! Easy day today due to Waikru day in Thailand; students spending morning preparing flower decorations, then the afternoon paying respect to teachers by handing us them in the assembly hall - so no classes!

Going to head home soon and take a long, looooong rest.

Well, might have a short (by my standards) walk, just a slooow 5km.

Feeling good, energised and healthy due to getting more sleep and less over-exercising. Also been drinking bottles of All You Need; small bottles of juice, basically high-octane, industrial-strength 100% of RDA Vitamins A-E.

Should be a good weekend, hopefully. Definitely actually, as pay day's on Saturday - weeeey!

Not that I'm planning to go on a spree, mind - already got plenty of money saved up, by the long holiday in October, plan to have saved up even more, ready for some more travels & adventures.

Been saving shitloads of late - one of many benefits of not drinking; the shittons I'm not spending on booze is going to fund travels and, frankly, better stuff.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:10 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

probably best to ask your dr about meds Allie

D
Old 06-11-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Laundry is definitely my favorite household chore. Dishes I could do without!

Congrats Ginamarie! Day 30 for me as well. Go us!
Old 06-11-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 35 right now. Five weeks! Just noticed I'm this is also post #1000 here. Geez, that's a lot of posting. I joined this forum in July 2013 and think I was at somewhere around 275 posts when I decided to sober up again on May 8, 2015. SR has made all the difference in my recovery this time and I thank each and every one of you for helping to keep me sober.

Work early again today. No other real plans for the day. I didn't sleep good again last night. That's two nights in a row. Not sure what's going on there, as sleep is usually not an issue for me when I'm not drinking. Maybe I'll go buy some bedtime tea of some sort when I get off work today.

AGAG -- congrats on six weeks! I was mainly drinking very cheap wine at home alone the last year or two, so the financial benefits of not drinking haven't been too great this time but I know it's definitely a motivating factor for many to sober up. Where are you thinking to travel to with your extra funds?

Hope to come home to lots of check-ins from my fellow Mayvens and I wish each and every one of you a happy and sober Thursday!
Old 06-11-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Not decided yet - either the South, to the islands, maybe do scuba diving, get certificate. Or maybe South Laos, Vietnam or Cambodia.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
probably best to ask your dr about meds Allie D
Agreed. I'm not a fan of meds in general so I probably won't go that route anyway. :-)
Old 06-11-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 weeks Casey and 6 weeks AGAG!

Some interesting news today. My sister texted and said my mom hasn't drank for 4 days! I don't know what's up with that because I haven't talked to her but it could be a really good thing.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by site1Q84 View Post
Laundry is definitely my favorite household chore. Dishes I could do without! Congrats Ginamarie! Day 30 for me as well. Go us!
Laundry is awful! I think my favorite is vacuuming. The carpet always looks so fluffy and new when I'm done. Lol!

:-)
Old 06-11-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

day 4

Day 4 is here i feel alot better some of the bloat from eating everything in the fridge before i pass out is going away-taking a multivitamin and eating oatmeal and some fruit first thing in the morning-making a list of things i need to do and prioritizing them - im not having any cravings wich is normal for me i hate alcohol after several days of bingeing but in a few days when i start to feel really good thats when they will start im working on a plan for that i have finally got my roommates support- no more liquor or beer in the house or on the property but we will see how that goes -good day all -kris
Old 06-11-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Morning friends.....day 31. We're having humid and muggy weather which is unusual. I think that's contributing to my bad mood. My hair is starting to look like Rosanne Rosanna Danna.

Johhny, I watched that movie about the Lost Boys last night too. The name of it was The Good Lie. Loved it!! After that I watched Paradise Road.....excellent!

Have a good and sober day everyone, and stay strong!
Old 06-11-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Still here. Still sober. Have a good sober weekend everyone.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good job on your month GinaMarie!
Old 06-11-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice evening guys
Old 06-11-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by AllieKat View Post
Congrats on 5 weeks Casey and 6 weeks AGAG!

Some interesting news today. My sister texted and said my mom hasn't drank for 4 days! I don't know what's up with that because I haven't talked to her but it could be a really good thing.
Thank you for the congrats!

And re: your mom, maybe sobriety is contagious?

louisiana -- congrats on day 4! That is awesome that your roommate(s?) have agreed to not have alcohol in the house. Glad you checked in!

Just got home from work. Wishing everybody a happy sober day! Please check in if you haven't in a day or two. We'd love to hear from you even if it's just a simple hello!
Old 06-11-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Cool Gina! Haha.

Good day today. If feel pretty good. I've got laundry in and I'm showered... a friggin miracle. I'm off to start with my therapist again as soon as the stuff comes out of the dryer.

Family is super-mega supportive all of a sudden. I think they realize that pushing me, or judging me doesn't work (again...).

Alright. I have to put on hot clothes and try to get through rush hour to the therapist.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Re-Member

johnny555--wishing you the best at your therapist appointment. Glad you're in a good place with your family today.

Lots of laundry talk in here today. I'm still not doing mine today and you can't make me.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Thank you for the congrats! And re: your mom, maybe sobriety is contagious? louisiana -- congrats on day 4! That is awesome that your roommate(s?) have agreed to not have alcohol in the house. Glad you checked in! Just got home from work. Wishing everybody a happy sober day! Please check in if you haven't in a day or two. We'd love to hear from you even if it's just a simple hello!
Maybe it is contagious! My sister said she stopped drinking about a month ago too! I had no idea. She doesn't drink a whole lot anyway but still the timing is an odd coincidence. I'm going to dinner with mom and daughter tonight to offer some positive reinforcement. I don't think I've seen my mom since Christmas.

I feel pretty good today. Anxiety is less and no cravings. :-) I feel good about the upcoming weekend. Husband will be gone all day Saturday so it's just me and the kiddo. I'm thinking we should soak up some vitamin D at the pool. Or go to the Missouri Botanical Garden.