Notices

Class of May 2015 (Part 5)

Old 06-10-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

day 13-------i can't keep up with you all
Old 06-10-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

haha Casey- there's been a few users on here that I thought for sure were either men or women and then found out they were the opposite!
Old 06-10-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I assumed Site was a guy too! You never know, though. Bikini's could be worn by either/or these days.

That was a terrible dream!! So sorry you had to experience that. I don't think I've ever had a dream about dreaming or even sleeping. It makes me think of seeing a mirror within a mirror. It just goes on and on. Doesn't it? I don't know what I'm talking about half the time.

I put some of my larger things up for sale on line yesterday with lots of pics. Even cleaned the items so they presented well in the pics and no one is responding. I priced things very fairly, too. Did my research and all that jazz. We'll see how it goes.

Glad to see some of you are losing weight. Wish I was one of you. For everything there is a season. Have a splendid day/night. (((((Hugs)))))
Old 06-10-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Just hangin' in there over here, but not quitting this group. That AV is slick.

Sansa congrats on 10. I'll get there soon enough. I like Bronn on goT. Maybe I'll take his handle for myself?

Cars are a curse. My friend moved to Vienna 15 years ago and now Barcelona. He never drove again (amazing public transport). He always found it stressful. The problem is for many of us the expense is just a burden but the US was designed for cars. Repairs, insurance, blah blah. You almost need one (I have no subway). One of my goals last summer and this one too was to get a motorcycle and really get into that lifestyle. Go where I can use it 365. You can buy an excellent/mint one for $4000, insurance is very cheap and depending they can get 60mpg. Honestly what's more dangerous? Riding a bike or being a hardcore drunk?

I've never subscribed the wife and house and the whole 'settling down' crock of crap that's forced down our throats. That's contributed to my paralysis since high school. Then what? Watch reality tv instead of living? That's what people do. They create a prison life and then watch other people's lives on TV.

It's very hard for me to come up with my own cash and 'the father' shoots down anything I want to do. There were several opportunities to get out of here and do something, but they were completely insane to him. I hate the term but there are a ton of Digital Nomads traveling the world on very little money. I'm talented, no reason I can't do that.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Johnny, hope you're feeling better. Hang in there!
Maybe now you can use all the time you would have spent drinking to figure out what it is you really want out of life?

I've always liked driving, but only when I'm on the road by myself. Otherwise I agree, it's just stressful. We used to have an amazing public transit system in LA but they tore it all down to build streets a long time ago. I sure wish they still had it!
Old 06-10-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Site1Q, Nobody Walks in LA

I have a good idea of what I want. It seems insurmountable.

I also don't have good meds on board for my brain and I'm caught up in a loop of not trying others. That's contributing to relapse. I've been bed bound for a few days. The only good thing about the drug I'm on is the 26 pounds I dropped. It gets me out of bed, but doesn't help the craziness. 10 more pounds and It'll be like I'm 30 again. Nice and trim.

I'm seeing my old therapist tomorrow. Hopefully he will get me on a path. He does not do meds but I asked him to do some digging and try to find someone.

Well it looks like more healthy food and HBO tonight. I'm glad Game of Thrones strong armed me into an HBO subscription. They gave me like 4 HBO's with it. Last night I caught The Wolverine which was cool. It's good to have something to distract at night. Also Silicon Valley is ridiculous. Never seen it before.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Still here. Still sober. Day 34

Good luck to all.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Re-Member

4thekidz -- congrats on 34!

johnny555 -- I think I actually look forward more to Silicon Valley every Sunday than I do Game of Thrones. The last couple of episodes have been outrageously funny. And if you have an HBO subscription you more than likely also have access to HBO Go online where they have archives with hundreds and hundreds of great shows from their past.

Glad you're going to see your old therapist tomorrow. Let us know how it goes please!

Sisterbobby -- congrats on day 13!

Cissy -- I bet your stuff will sell if you just give it time. Did you put them on Craigslist? I know there also lots of area-specific "used stuff for sale" groups on Facebook. I had a roommate who used one for North Austin all the time. Actually the same roommate who tried to sneak the half-empty vodka seven out of the Irish pub in her purse who I was talking about the other day, now that I think about it.

(Though I still think maybe the second best decision I've made in the last 34 days besides "I'm going to try and quit drinking again" was my decision to thoroughly wipe out my Facebook presence. All that time I wasted on there has been put to much better use here on SR.)
Old 06-10-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johnny555 View Post
Site1Q, Nobody Walks in LA

I have a good idea of what I want. It seems insurmountable.

I also don't have good meds on board for my brain and I'm caught up in a loop of not trying others. That's contributing to relapse. I've been bed bound for a few days. The only good thing about the drug I'm on is the 26 pounds I dropped. It gets me out of bed, but doesn't help the craziness. 10 more pounds and It'll be like I'm 30 again. Nice and trim.

I'm seeing my old therapist tomorrow. Hopefully he will get me on a path. He does not do meds but I asked him to do some digging and try to find someone.

Well it looks like more healthy food and HBO tonight. I'm glad Game of Thrones strong armed me into an HBO subscription. They gave me like 4 HBO's with it. Last night I caught The Wolverine which was cool. It's good to have something to distract at night. Also Silicon Valley is ridiculous. Never seen it before.
I need to know what drug you're on that's causing you to drop weight like that. PM me, please (If you don't want to name it here.)
Old 06-10-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Well, things have taken a different course today. I finally heard from the apartment woman and she said my credit score was "below acceptable standards" or some equally BS response. It's a partially-subsidized housing place for elderly and disabled and I don't qualify cause of my credit score??? Well, that would prove that I can't afford to live in a regular apartment, wouldn't it? That's what references are for, right? RIGHT??

Long story short, I'm staying put for now. Told my landlady I am staying and she is going to try and see if she can cut the rent payment back somewhat to help me out. She said she was experiencing mixed feelings cause she was sad to see me go. If this ends up working out that I can stay, I am going to be beside myself with confusion.

I will keep looking for apartments that are in my area and more affordable, I'll keep certain things up for sale and I'll still force myself to hold the dreaded tag sales on some weekends, just to thin things out. But in the meantime, I'm just going to have to live as cheaply as I possibly can. That may mean eating baked potatoes and ramen noodles for meals (and popping vitamins by the handful) but I can get through the summer here.

Lord, I don't know what you have up your sleeve, but thank you for not selling my washer/dryer before I found this out. Amen.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Re-Member

That really stinks, Cissy. Credit checks are basically instantaneous these days. There's no reason they should have made you wait this long to get a decision. Maybe you can appeal to someone higher up?

Glad your landlady is OK with you staying put for now and hope she is able to come up with some kind of compromise on the rent amount.

Hang in there, Cissy. Seems like you're taking this news OK for now.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Checking out Silicon Valley tonight with Chinese food. Thanks for the recommendation Casey. I've been trying to find something new to binge watch. :-) And today seems like a good day for it. I'm exhausted and not feeling so good.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by AllieKat View Post
Checking out Silicon Valley tonight with Chinese food. Thanks for the recommendation Casey. I've been trying to find something new to binge watch. :-) And today seems like a good day for it. I'm exhausted and not feeling so good.
Sorry you're not feeling good. How was your first meeting with the therapist?

First season of Silicon Valley is pretty good but not really great for the most part. But it's been on a roll the last few weeks of this second season and is definitely worth sticking with if that style of humor is your thing.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

It was alright. It wasn't exactly how I expected it would be but nothing ever is right? I didn't really manage to get out a whole lot about my drinking but we did talk about my anxiety about my husband. I need to talk to him about a few things when the time is right. He and I have been through a lot together but we don't really talk about important stuff unless there is a crisis happening. So what I learned today is that I should try to talk to him about stuff when it is happening instead of keeping it all inside until I explode. I have another appointment in a few weeks.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Cissy, I don't mind at all. Wellbutrin. Some people really like the drug. It's being marketed in combination with Naltrexone (anti booze/drug cravings med) as a weight loss drug. I don't know the name of that off he top of my head.

People take 300mg Wellbutrin ,but I can only handle 100mg. Many people report weight loss. It decreases appetite and speeds metabolism.

The issue for me is it gets me more excitable (terrible for relapse) and only treats one symptom of this illness.

I'll be checking out HBO tonight.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

AK glad the therapist went okay. Even f t didn't get everything fixed at once, I'm sure it will be helpful as you go. I always expect everything to get better right away after I take some action, even though most of the time I know it takes time.

Thanks for mentioning Silicon Valley! I've been meaning to check it out but keep putting it off. With all the good recommendations on here I guess now I'll actually do it!

Ahh, Wellbutrin. I was never on it but had a sibling who was when they were in rehab. They used it on a lot of people there for a variety of things, but it seemed to help them all! Maybe it really is a wonder drug haha
Old 06-10-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

My doctor said I could have it to try to quit smoking. Is it supposed to help alcohol cravings too?
Old 06-10-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi peeps.....Day 30! Finally! Had a long day today and had to work in a building with broken air conditioner. I was sweating like a ***** in church all day. Not attractive.

Cissy, that sounds suspicious....like she found somebody else, but I hope you can stay where you are and it works out!

I was on Wellbutrin 300 mg a day for a year or two. Was on it to quit smoking. It worked for a little while, but as soon as they tapered me off of it I started smoking again. It also kept me up all night and made me a little jumpy. It's an antidepressent but not anti-anxiety, I believe. I had so much energy I was getting up at 4 am and going on hikes with my dog.

I'm exhausted.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Ginamarie! Welcome to the 30 day club! Congratulations!

I was in the opposite conditions at work today. The air conditioner was going so hard at work that I think we could have hung slabs of beef out in the dining room instead of keeping them back in the walk-in refrigerators like usual. Brutally cold but they turned it down before we opened so no customer complaints. Unfortunately I had to endure it for three hours before that.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Congrats Ginamarie on 30 days that is awesome!!
Casey, I'm often here on my own, don't know why there are a lot of people in Aus with drinking problems!!! Anyhow, made it through the night. So very thankful to SR, and a bit proud of myself. The av started in the morning saying I should have a drink that night. It was tough, but made it through, by folding lots of washing and reading on here.
Cissy, it probably turned out for the better, rather have your land lady now that said she would miss you, than the one that seems to be giving you a very hard time!
I didn't even know what HBO was, will have to see if we can get it here.
Alliekat, I think I'm in your boat, always keeping things bottled up. I think the hardest bit is bringing things up without sounding like your complaining or a nag...