Notices

Class of May 2015 (Part 5)

Old 06-11-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

In case I missed any one of you, congrats Casey Agag and Ginamarie - and kudos to everyone no matter what 'day' you're on

D
Old 06-11-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thank you Dee!

AllieKat--Three generations of AllieK's at one dinner table. That's very cool. Hope you have a good dinner and glad you're in a good place today!
Old 06-11-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Allie that is too weird!

How nice to have that though. You can all lean on each other a little for support, or do dinners and not have to worry about each other drinking. Awesome!
Old 06-11-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

You are too funny Casey, but you could fly me over and I'd quite happily fold your washing for you!! and good point about posting on the newcomers board, I don't know why I didn't think of that.
Whats the plan for your Friday night? Big trigger for me, Friday night. Tonight I plan a movie with my kids, then reading on here. I've been reading ZaBoozers thread which I'm finding quite motivating. He drank a whole lot more than I did, and I recon if he can do it, we all can! Hope you enjoyed your dinner AllieKat.
Johnny Australia is awesome!!
Old 06-11-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by chanty View Post
Whats the plan for your Friday night? Big trigger for me, Friday night. Tonight I plan a movie with my kids, then reading on here. I've been reading ZaBoozers thread which I'm finding quite motivating. He drank a whole lot more than I did, and I recon if he can do it, we all can!
Still Thursday night here but no especially big plans for the weekend. I work all morning and afternoon on Friday. I have to run by my dad's after work and help him with a little task that he's having trouble with. I don't have a washer and dryer at my house so will probably go ahead and do the dreaded laundry while I'm there . (I appreciate your offer, but it'd be a lot cheaper for me to just buy a new wardrobe every couple of weeks instead of buying plane tickets to and from the other side of the world.) I'm sure I'll spend a ton of time here on SR as usual. Need to go to another AA meeting but just finding it hard to motivate myself to walk there in this heat. Agreed that Za's thread is very inspirational.

I guess because I've worked in the restaurant/bar business for so long, weekends are not a particularly extra big trigger time for me. I almost always had to work on Friday and Saturday nights selling and serving booze to others so Sunday night through Tuesday nights were actually my biggest time to hit the bars and the bottle. That was my weekend. Of course the last couple of years I stopped going to bars and almost always just drank at home alone so I guess those patterns did change somewhat then.

Glad you checked in chanty!

Very quiet in here today for the most part. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-11-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Darn-it, just lost a post. Anyway, I'm going to bed. Casey I will drive 40 hours to Texas and force you to do that laundry!!!

Therapist was good. He's super busy so I can't really see him that much. He used to have a couple of days that he'd see individual clients. Now he's a Director of a program at the hospital. I think I need intensive therapy. I like him because he just 'get's it.' No need to explain things. He's fun, but also informative. Another apt in 2 weeks, but I may need to seek out someone I can see a lot.

He did tell me I look way better than I did 2 years ago. He couldn't believe it. I must have just looked exhausted and bloated all the time.

ok, goodnight all. Thanks! I am so tired can't write a real post.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Darn-it, just lost a post. Anyway, I'm going to bed. Casey I will drive 40 hours to Texas and force you to do that laundry!!!

Therapist was good. He's super busy so I can't really see him that much. He used to have a couple of days that he'd see individual clients. Now he's a Director of a program at the hospital. I think I need intensive therapy. I like him because he just 'get's it.' No need to explain things. He's fun, but also informative. Another apt in 2 weeks, but I may need to seek out someone I can see a lot.

He did tell me I look way better than I did 2 years ago. He couldn't believe it. I must have just looked exhausted and bloated all the time.

ok, goodnight all. Thanks! I am so tired can't write a real post.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Checking in here. Will have a good read later tonight in bed x oh and yes, Australia is awesome
Old 06-12-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 36. Didn't sleep good again last night. This is three days in a row where I keep waking up at around three in the morning and then only getting short periods of sleep after that until it's time to get up for real. I didn't have any caffeine at all yesterday. Not sure what's going on here but it's really starting to wear on me.

Work this morning/afternoon. Laundry after that. Same old same old.

Wishing everyone a happy and sober Friday (or Tuesday in Australia.)
Old 06-12-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Traffic is awesome on my way to work today. Just thought I'd share that (sarcastically).

Feeling good today. No desire to drink this weekend so far. :-)

Happy Friday!
Old 06-12-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Morning all! Casey, sorry to hear you're not sleeping well. When I start to sleep poorly I try to up my exercise. Seems to help me get more sleep since it makes me more tired! I seem to get a better quality of sleep as well.

AK- traffic is the worst. Glad you're using it to your advantage and checking in here though!

All is well here. Looking forward to a (hopefully) stress free Friday!

I also have to agree that Australia is awesome. I've had to go twice for work and I love it! Hoping to go some day just for a fun visit, but we'll see. I'd like to get around NZ some more as well.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I had a bunch of frustrating, unsettling dreams last night. One after the other. In each, I was in the passenger seat or otherwise in a vehicle (like a plane) where I was obviously not the one in control. I was also in a car and then a boat. Edge of disaster in each dream. My mom was one of the drivers.

Clearly I'm feeling like my hands are tied in my current situation and I'm at the mercy of morons. One driving dream, we were on a 4-lane highway driving in the wrong direction. Even when we were nose to nose with a Hummer which came to a dead stop, the driver in my car (a guy) acted like there was something wrong with the other dude.

When my mom was driving, I think I was actually behind the wheel at first but she was pressing all the wrong buttons on the radio and couldn't follow my instructions so I tried to fix all that she screwed up but that meant I couldn't watch the road. She started steering for me so I could fix the radio then the next thing I know, I'm looking up and we're now in a boat and "driving" down a raging river only mom isn't just steering, she's in the drivers seat. She isn't following the other boats in the deep channel, she's riding the edge where there's a drop off and little water. I take over and somehow we get out of there.

Dream after dream like that. On the airplane, someone notices the fabric along the side of our seats ripping slowly. I think nothing of it but then I stop and actually watch the tear and it is indeed lengthening. I'm grabbing a stewardess and trying to tell them the plane might be about to rip apart over there. I don't think I got the reaction I was looking for.

Casey, I don't know which is worse. Waking up at 3 and not getting back to sleep when you have to get up early, or dreaming like that all night long. I'm the same way with sleep when I have to wake to an alarm and be somewhere on time. I never schedule am appointments unless I have zero choice in the matter. I really hope you can actually start working soon and begin your regular hours. What hours will you be working?

I still can't find anything on google to back you up on Australia being a different day of the week. I've searched a few different times and nothing comes up. Do you have a link you can share so I can put that matter to rest in my troubled mind? I'd appreciate it.

I am going to wrestle with the back-breaking window a/c units in a while cause I have to get it over with if I'm ever to survive summer. Wish me luck. Wishing everyone well.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Yikes Cissy! Those dreams do sound pretty unsettling. Good thing they were just dreams! I was always big on being in control as well. I've been working on it lately but it's really hard for me to wrap my kind around. I do seem to feel better and more peaceful when I realize I can only control my own actions, not others.

I can vouch for Australia being a different day than us. It depends on what time of the day it is where you are, but at some points they are a day ahead of us. I've visited and it sure makes calling home challenging and confusing! For example, it's 12:04 pm o. The east coast on Friday right now, but 2:04am Saturday morning in Sydney!
Old 06-12-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Morning all.....Day 32. Everyone sounds like they're doing well. Cissy, those dreams sound awful. I've been dreaming lately too but only remembering bits and can't put it together.

Casey, I get that a lot too, waking up around 3 and not able to get back to sleep. Lately I'm sleeping very deeply and having trouble waking up in the morning. Today I'm working from home so didn't get up until after 9! I also feel super groggy in the morning and dizzy-ish, almost hung over but without the sick feeling. Anyone else get this? I'll still take it over a hangover though.

well, I've got to finish a deadline, will check back in later. Happy Friday everyone
Old 06-12-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
I still can't find anything on google to back you up on Australia being a different day of the week. I've searched a few different times and nothing comes up. Do you have a link you can share so I can put that matter to rest in my troubled mind? I'd appreciate it.
Just Google "What time is it in Australia right now?" and compare what Google says to what time it is in Connecticut. I'm being silly when I say it's four days later or whatever in Australia, but it is seriously about 15 hours ahead of most of America there. Like it's 2:23 pm on Friday, July 12, here in Texas right now. It's 5:23 am on Saturday, July 13, in Canberra.

To answer your other question--the restaurant I'm working at is open from 11 am to 11 pm most days so I'll be working somewhere in those hours most of the time. I won't have a set schedule for now so my hours will change somewhat from week to week. I did have a set weekly schedule at my old job, so that will take some getting used to again. I've only got one more day of this 8 am crap.

I'm not taking a nap today, going to see if that helps. Getting some more exercise is probably a good idea too though I feel like I'm getting plenty between not having a car and walking everywhere and having a job where I'm on my feet all the time. I'm not going to stress about the sleep thing. I've never had recurring sleep problems before so I'm assuming this is just some weird hiccup and will straighten itself out if I don't stress out over it. It's probably just me subconsciously stressing over having to be awake at a certain time instead of just naturally waking up when I feel like it, which is what I could usually do when I don't have to be at work until 10:30 or 11 in the morning instead of 8.

Thanks everyone for the concern and advice. Hope you're having a great and sober Australian Monday!
Old 06-12-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Why does every country song on the radio mention beer, a bottle of wine or Fireball whiskey? Ugh! So annoying.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Struggling a little bit right now. It's crazy how 8 little hours can completely change your mood.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hang in there AllieK! Cravings will pass. Just remember you really don't have to take that first drink no matter what. Did you decide yet what you're going to do with your daughter tomorrow?
Old 06-12-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Cissy I am soooo right there with you. Feeling like your life is controlled by morons, or in my case one old, total nutcase. I am really afraid. I never became a man. It just never happened. Being sick, boozing, avoiding everything. I think 99% of my anxiety is based on not being able to make my own decisions. But having everything scrutinized by a lunatic. I just hid from that for years. I'm a scared kid. Even though I'm halfway through life. Period. End of story.

It took a lot not to just go out tonight. I waited for 2 hours, and eventually exhaustion started to set in from stressing out, at about 5:30. My friend is on her way and we're going to eat and see what's on HBO.

I've been keeping a really healthy diet. Even though I have sensitivities to everything and it will probably set off my alleries, I think I am going to go all out on a massive calzone with cheeses, fried eggplant, olives, whatever... at like 9pm. There is a spot 3 blocks away that makes good really good ones if the crackhead white dude isn't cooking.

On a different topic, can Dave Mathews just stay the Hell out of my city? I am so tired of his yearly concerts that I am about to flip a Jetta onto it's ski-racked roof. The cavalcades of tanned chicks in jeeps with the canvas top off, screaming with Budweisers in their hands. The muscled Bro's starting **** with every passer-by. I swear, Dave Mathews, besides having god awful music, has the worst fans of any musician, anywhere. OzzFest is far safer. A Slayer Concert, or NWA, like Disney in comparison. There are riot police all over the city because of the actual Dave Mathews Riot we had here years ago. The one where the music venue had to lock him in their Safe Room for 12 hours until his security team could get him safely out. Last year it took me 2 hours to cross the downtown bridge, while I sat there and watched girls in jeeps, and bro's in Jettas. My god. Not to mention the middle age yoga types, stoking it up for old times sake, just like high school in 1983. I have half a mind to make a Dave Mathews Sucks t-shirt and go walking around downtown tonight. Nough said!

Ya'll have a nice evening.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Hang in there AllieK! Cravings will pass. Just remember you really don't have to take that first drink no matter what. Did you decide yet what you're going to do with your daughter tomorrow?
Thanks Casey. I'm feeling a little better. I grabbed my daughter and took her to the arts & crafts store.
I don't know about tomorrow yet. It's supposed to be stormy so I will have to wait and see.