Notices

Class of June 2015

Old 06-07-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

It all starts with that first one Rah. Next time you and the Mr go out to eat stick with a pop. Then heading home will be easier. Maybe he needs you to take the lead on this one.

My husband rarely drinks, it's usually a sh*tshow when he does, he's tanked, I'm tanked, we go home have lots of laughs, and feel like death the next day together. Fun stuff.

Then he stays sober for months and I sit alone and repeat the sh*tshow. Not fun. I think I mainly do it not to feel, or out of habit, or just because I get that itch. Most of the self loathing probably stems from the fact that I have no idea why I keep doing this to myself.

Lately I've been thinking about what something Dee says... "If you never want to drink again, you don't have to."
Old 06-07-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Lately I've been thinking about what something Dee says... "If you never want to drink again, you don't have to."
It's great advice. You really don't have to take that first drink no matter what. And as long as you don't take that first drink, you can't take the second or third or tenth either. Coming to truly accept this simple truth has made a huge difference in my recovery so far.

Wishing all you June-ys a happy and sober night! You're doing great.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Dropping in to say good night to my fellow classmates- I am so glad to have the ability to check in multiple times a day. I read everyone's posts and stories and find it strengthening. When I go to bed tonight it will complete my first week without any alcohol. It seems silly that one week is a big deal, (I'm used to minimizing my drinking habits but when you binge every other or every third day seven in a row is pretty sweet!!! Wishing everyone strength and support- night guys!
Old 06-07-2015, 09:56 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
It's great advice. You really don't have to take that first drink no matter what. And as long as you don't take that first drink, you can't take the second or third or tenth either. Coming to truly accept this simple truth has made a huge difference in my recovery so far.

Wishing all you June-ys a happy and sober night! You're doing great.
Love that Casey you cant take a second drink if you havn't taken the first. !!!
Old 06-07-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Just been catching up with the last couple of pages of this thread - it's great (and motivating) to see how many people are keeping up a long streak of successful days I managed to get through last night without drinking, but I'm exhausted today because I didn't manage to sleep much - hopefully after a few nights that'll pass and I'll start sleeping better.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 06-07-2015, 11:19 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

I went to a good friends today and told her. Not too much but enough and she was good. It was a bit of a test for me because she went out for a cigarette and I went with her. I had my lozenges and usually I would ask for a cigarette and then i know i'd stop on way home and buy some and some wine but I just didn't. I carried on drinking my coffee and chatting and really I thought about it more on the way there than while I was there. I added up my days and I'm only on Day 10 today so not as far as I thought but I'm just trying to deal with each day. Mayg
Old 06-07-2015, 11:36 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

A week and a half's great, Mayg Wish I could quit the ciggies too, but I'm going to tackle one thing at a time and give it a month before I give that one a shot.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:58 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

I agree w j72 may! 10 days is great, you are on your way. (Hope you get some rest tonight julie) & congrats on a week chick!
Old 06-08-2015, 12:02 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Day 10 is really good Mayg I keep slipping One good thing coming up is I am going to Perth on Friday to spend a five days with my 20 year old daughter who is studying/working there. And there is absolutely no way I will be able to drink in those five days. It would kill her and hopefully it puts me back on track. And good on you Julie 72 for getting thru the first day and night. And Sansas, hope you are still going well as I hope for each and everyone here
Old 06-08-2015, 01:13 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Hi Julie, that time in Perth will be great for you! Awesome non drinking time
Old 06-08-2015, 02:10 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Can I please join in?
Old 06-08-2015, 02:15 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome sobercupcake

D
Old 06-08-2015, 02:27 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Hi and thank you. I feel safer somehow now that I've joined. I've been lurking around since march 2014! I had some good patches, and some bad patches during this last year, but really need this time to be my last!
Old 06-08-2015, 03:09 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Welcome sober cupcake. You have come to the right place
Old 06-08-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Welcome SoberCupcake, it is good to have you here.
Julie 59 it is great that you are going to your daughters and can have that time where you can't. Do have a plan though. Can you speak to your doctor in case you need something while you are there of you are going cold turkey?
Thank you all for your encouragement, have been up and down tonight and fighting urge to have that little check out the wine gives me but I know how upset I would be tomorrow so another early night for me.
Best wishes to all
Mayg
Old 06-08-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Start of day 2....keep thinking about crazy this is! I joined the August 2014 group and here I am joining this group. I can't believe/understand why I haven't been able to address my binge drinking issue. I recall I had an episode when I was 30. Felt horrible the next day and simply said I'm not doing that anymore and I didn't. Things spiraled out of control after October 2010. My step daughter died of an accidental drug overdose/combination. She passed in our home. Very traumatic. After my husband and I started drinking more, started going to bars, etc. Maybe it was just to get out of the house, to be around other people. It got really bad..ending up doing stuff I'm totally embarrassed about. Fast forward to 2014...changed jobs, moved to another states. Many things in our lives are better but I am still struggling with binge drinking. I want to build a recovery plan and want to stick with it. I don't know how to build an effective recovery plan.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  
Administrator

I gave you a link somewhere else Rah - this is a fuller link with lots of info and ideas on recovery plans

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
D
Old 06-08-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Checking in for the day. For some reason, I was unable to sleep last night, but fortunately I only have to deal with a lack of sleep this morning. Yesterday, I spent the day with the kids playing outside, which was far more satisfying than spending it on the end of the sofa drinking only to wake up regretting it the next day.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to SR, SoberCupcake! There's a ton of great wisdom and support to be found here. Take advantage of it and post often!
Old 06-08-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Welcome to the June class SoberCupcake.

Mayg, 10 days is excellent, although sounds like the cravings are pretty rough. From your posts though, you seem like a really strong person, so keeping beating them away one day / hour at a time.

All the best rah, and stay strong!

Julie, Perth is a beautiful city! Quaint little place, right? Hope you have a great time.

heh, woke up at 6pm today, about 90 mins ago. I think I'll just see if I can stay up until tomorrow at 9pm, then get back on a proper sleep schedule. That's only 27 hours, and I was up about 23 yesterday, so should be able to without issue.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday. I'm going to see if I can get a good amount of work done today. My body & mind have had a good 8 day relax without alcohol now, so time to get back on the horse, me thinks.

Thankfully, my body is back to functioning perfectly normal again. Phew, that actually had me quite scared at the beginning of the month. Started around May 28th, then June 1st at 2am woke up, and I think that convinced me to quit. I was honestly wondering if I went past the point of no return, but doesn't look like it, so that's a relief.