Notices

One Year & Over Part 26

Old 05-27-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I hope you get a good sleep tonight, OLL--and I hope you can find a good excuse to cut out early this weekend!

I'm glad the balance of your day was good, FG!
Old 05-27-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Nine killed in Houston as that city was/is under water from the constant rain. We had tornados strike here in our city and damage from winds was extensive. But none here. However I can't cut the grass and it is thigh high in spots. I got some of the front and decided that since I am retired, amd since I have lots of time should I so choose, and since I am a fanatic about well groomed lawn and landscaping, I will go out and use my motorized weed eaters and at least knock some down to size so it can dry faster if it ever stops raining. We had storms all night last night and the day/night before.

Last night's forecast was another seven days of rain!!!! 50-60% chance! This is really out of the ordinary and all the rain North of us is swelling the Red River, which flows between Shreveport and Bossier City. It has already flooded out of its banks but the flooding has not even begun from that source until the rains from Missouri, and Arkansas reach us as it fills even more over capacity.

Andy we will try.

FBL, Marvelous pic of Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller. I grew up watching them in everything they appeared in. Nice.

OLL,
We will do fine as soon as it dries up. The only danger here is tornados save flooding, but that is so rare in this area we only have issues during and immediately after a rain driving. This year it is different as the waters are taking forever to disperse due to the ground being totally soaked and unable to absorb more water.

Carlos,
Glad to welcome you back to the wonderful world of coffee! Not energy drinks or pills but coffee the way God intended, brewed and then mixed with anything your heart desires. While I was still consuming alcohol I drank my own version of Irish coffee in the mornings when I had the shakes. Then, since recovering from drinking I went back to my normal 12-24 cups a day. Nor I do not get jitters nor does it keep me up. I do however really like my herbal teas and Constant Comment spiced black tea. Bigelow makes a great Pomegranate, and Chamomile tea too. I keep several great flavors of Celestial Seasonings herbal teas too. I stay away from the Mormon tea and others like it that are more drugs than teas like St John's Wort and a few others. I can't imagine a diet free of my beloved Starlite mints, although I have been working on kicking them for the last 4.66 years sober, as you know.

Mags,
What a nice outing! We saw them in Alaska along with all the other creatures on land sea and air. Gorgeous.

Least congrats! I haven't had time to get back to you online much with all the work in the RV and workshop. I am still right behind you!

FG we are Greenwich mean -6. Your post of it being 8:40 is time stamped here 2:40. I like to type the time so all know why sometimes we do not answer right away. We, respectively are sleeping part of the time. And many do the four letter word ending in "k" for the first 8 hours of their week days. I avoid . . .king, leaving that to the younger folks!

Dee,
Thanks. We are just wet as of now. We went to visit the place where our new manufactured home is sitting, and they are 40 plus behind in being able to build dirt pads and deliver. We are usually wetter than most so that is really bad. If a concrete truck tried to come on my property now they would break through the crust and sink past their axles. I went and bought rubber fisherman boots yesterday to just walk around beyond five feet around the house and Workshop. They hose off much better than tenny runners! (Sneaks for the non NE US crowd.)

Toots,
You don't need to do it all at once just go look and call them. Baby steps kiddo! The calling them is for you to see that they are ready to help you get your website off the ground. First things first. You need to see if your desired domain name is available. That website has a search where you type it in and it tells you if it has already been taken then you just keep trying clever alternates if it is, until you find a good one available. Then no matter what register it immediately before it gets taken. They can do that for you too for very little.

DG,
You sound like me some days. I looked up during a rain day last week and found the clock had slipped ahead to 4 PM and I was still in my terry robe. I used to get up at OMGWTII! Otherwise known as O'Dark thirty for 27 years of my past life as a razor sharp military type. Now I am a sleep in relaxed smiling and warped sense of humor guy. I just recently had to experience a 5 AM like my old days when they operated on me a couple of months back to put in my ear tube which is still there and has not fallen out yet.

I was beginning to believe the clock only had one 2-9 during each day and was reminded there are two of each. I think I'll go back to 24 hour time. It is now 18:17 hours.

Gil!
You sound like me. I don't remember that of my oldest friends here RZ has the title . There are3 folks newer but I don't know them.

BTW RZ how are you feeling? With your hands again and not ill still?

Hey Wolf Drake, and all the other furry/feathery animals here, Hello.

I was going to go out and weed eat my lawn but decided when a friend came over that playing with out tech toys was worth putting it off for one more day. He is a mechanic and said he would be happy to put a solid state ignition system on my 1958 Ford 601 WorkMaster gasoline tractor. The points are burned again and the carb needs a kit and a clean, and might as well throw a set of four spark plugs on it and change the oil and filter too. Changing the oil involves the oil bath air filter too. It is the one I rebuilt and have pictures of in my profile here. I can't run it until it dries up some or it will tear up the grass with the aggressive tires on it. But I will need it to grade the drive with as soon as it dries enough to get a dump truck in here a couple/three 8 tons loads of SB2 gravel. I help him with his computers and eBay for sale tech items. He's between jobs right now, and looking for something to do. I like swapping out labor or getting someone to take some of my junk off my hands in exchange for their expertise or items.

Like is good. Wet but good. I sure hope the poor folks in Houston get some relief too. They have 1400 homes under water and many abandoned flooded cars with loss of life. It is getting serious down here now, and seven more day of nightly thunderstorms forecast.

Old 05-27-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Re-Member

For the new folks here when Andy referred to my SH, those are the initials for my long time term of endearment for her. The other is SWMBO.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:00 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Good idea itchy, I have checked out and the domain I want is available, just waiting for hubby to say whether he thinks I should licence it for 2 or up to 10 years. I mean, I think I will still keep writing now I've begun, and I will still be selling the ones I've written even if I don't write more, right? Anyhoo thanks for that!
I too love to barter trade, there is even a website for it now!

Mags, puffins, how adorable!

DG mornings are the best! I used to be a street sweeper and then I cleaned public phone boxes, so was up at stupid o'clock every day, but to see what colour paints nature was going to use each dawn was a wonderful way to start the day.

FG glad your day ended well sweetie, how's things?

Wolfie Drake everyone else love and hugs xx
Old 05-28-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

yep, it was march

thanks again though

itch, still on the mend, and thanks for the cornball joke!

congrats least

mags, i relate

still remember thinking one month was like a gazillion years
Old 05-28-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sunshine and 80F here today. Life is good

Have a great Thursday, overs!
Old 05-28-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Morning Overs... thundery rainy day here so far. We have had lots of rain, not as much as down south, but more than our share. HRH Olive went out before it arrived, she finds rain to be toxic.

Nothing much on the horizon, I lead such a dull life.

Have a good day/night/evening/morning.. wherever you are!
Old 05-28-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs.

Fil was supposed to have his op today (been in hospital 2 1/2 weeks) but been cancelled until next week. A big shortage of doctors. I can't visit tonight as I have yet another cold!

We have been invited to an evening wedding party near Sheffield in July. We are going to stay overnight so we can go walking, also. I'm also just a bit aware of all the booze that will be about.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Toots,
Good. I love salami. It comes in a big sausage looking shape three inches across. If I tried to shove it all down at once I'd choke. But sliced paper thin it is gone fast, doesn't last! When you do this website thing, learn from the salami. Use the salami technique. One little slice at a time, and before you want it to be gone, it's done! Then you have to get more. Tiny slice. Then call them to check their customer service. Not to buy hosting yet just to feel them out. Once you know help is just a call away, then sign up for the do it yourself website builder and go with the business plan, pay for the year and your domain registration is free. once you have it select the background you like, learn to use the builder to drag and drop, cut and paste, move things around, add and remove elements. Just go fast, remember nothing is in concrete, you can change it at will and republish to the web. If you just relax and do it in those steps, and don't agonize over background themes, look at them all fast and narrow it down to two, then eeny meeny miney mo! And use the winner. get it up and don't pay for add-ons or search engine optimization. You can't optimize what you haven't published to the web yet. Then email me your web address and I'll send you the DIY cheap 20£/year but more effective than anything you can buy. Easy peasy.

Drake it is bad. We are where Houston was the week before the final downpours. Our ground is soaked deep and so far it was sunny yesterday and today, yet nothing is drying out like it normally would. It's all ponding all over the yard. We will be fine if we get a week of dry weather. But one heavy rain like yesterday early morning and we could see the same.

Dull is good. It's one of the things you can change safely. Think not? Call up the local parachute club and see what a one time buddy jump costs. For the cost of a BBQ for ten you can definitely not be dull.

RZ,
I remember too. Heck I couldn't get one morning without! Remember I had to check into a hospital to get my first week? Hats off to all you stronger souls who broke free without medical (read drugs) intervention to do it painlessly and safely.

Mags,
The party sounds fun! Remember colds take seven days to get over. Only a week if you take anti viral meds!

FBL, Andy et al hey!
Old 05-28-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening Overs thoughts with anyone struggling with recent floods & disasters
Old 05-28-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I think dry (relatively that is) and dull sound just fine Itchy.

Been through a major flood before. . Not recommended.

Here's thinking dry thoughts!
Old 05-28-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks guys.
I spoke too soon, we are having major thunderboomers and pouring rain.
dagnabbit!
Here is a pic of me in the front yard, See Toots, only snorkel needed before now.:
Old 05-28-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Re-Member

If you loved the 60s, remember sen sen, and know what elephant bells are, click this link, scroll down and take this musical tour of "The Movement" and hold tight:
When Hippies Roamed the Earth
Old 05-28-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Magsie

Is it ever going to give up , itchy? Enough is enough! You need some sun now.

Taking hot lemon and honey, itchy, so I'm gonna have to let it run its course. I'm staying away from visiting the hospital, too. I don't want to pass any infections on, come to think of it, I may have got it from hospital, lots of stuff passing around. Their ward is closed to admissions due to a sickness and diarrhoea bug passed around.

Well it's Friday again, overs. Where does the time go? I have to keep remembering the precious present, here and now , after all, it is all we have got, that we know of.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:47 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Great photo of you Itchy....who's the bloke with the camera? thanks for that advice I now have a domain name woohoo!! Will see if I get time over the weekend to do more! I luuurve Salami!

Hey Gilmer how is the Hebrew going?

Mags here's some tissues Hun, the sort with 'hello Vera' for a sore nose! Get well soon. As for the wedding, spend time with the non drinkers, I love talking to the Olds about yesteryear and getting to know what is hip and happening from the youngsters! ( btw, 'hip and happening' is so not cool apparently!!!)

Good to see ya Zip

Drake, you so do not lead a dull life! Concerts and nutty tenants, Mardi Gras parties and an ailing vintage car??? Enjoy your rare rain. Molly loves getting wet, unlike HRH Olive, she was designed for the water, well 3/4 of her was, the other 1/4 is just pure mental for anything!

FBL how are things? Settled back in after your weekend marathon drive?

I lost my godfather yesterday, it was expected, he had brain cancer and all we could hope was that he didn't have to suffer too badly. As it was he didn't seem to and his end was peaceful. I didn't get chance to go visit with him as he deteriorated rapidly very early on to the point of not knowing anyone. I will be travelling down the week after next for the funeral though, my work was great about shifting my days around to accommodate me.

I have less than a month now to complete my preparations for my 5k run in aid of cancer. Apart from a perpetually sore neck and gammy knee I am doing ok but seeking sponsors so Pm me if you want a link to my sponsorship site! I have promised my SIL that if I walk a single step ( instead of running the whole way) I will double the sponsorship! She is doing ok, having completed her second session of chemo. She is just counting the days off her calendar to the end of the course. As I run, when it gets tough I visualise stomping her cancer cells underfoot and picture her ( now bald) and know that if she has the courage to face this with a smile I can run a measly 5K

Wolfie, what gourmet dishes have you got planned for the weekend?

Well as Mags says, it's Friday again so hugs to you all and have a great time over the weekend xx
Old 05-29-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Great photo of you Itchy....who's the bloke with the camera? x
I think I know that big fellow, looks like one of my "nutty neighbors"!

XO and condolences on your loss Toots.

More rain today, not so rare frankly. HRH is wishing for a more modern Palace with indoor plumbing. There is a big rock music festival here this weekend at a park and the forecast is for more rain. A few years ago it turned to a muddy mess and the damage to the park was extensive. The city and organizers say they learned their lesson... we will see. I can hear it from the Palace... but is not disruptive.

So good day/evening... etc to all!
Old 05-29-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Strong T-storms predicted for us here today (although nothing like Itchy's getting down south). It'll be 78F here today, but only 55F tomorrow...now that's a cold front

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Old 05-29-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

i remember itch

thought i'de put this out

i had 4 oxy's so far, since monday getting out of ER

and they play'n with my head

they haven't really relieved the pain,

they almost intensified it, or have me more focused on it

i took them at night to help me sleep

took one yesterday morning before going back to my PCD

they just made me dopey & still had some pain