Notices

One Year & Over Part 26

Old 05-26-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Itchy, so scary! I hope everything settles down for good and no more damage is done. I saw some info on the news and it looks awful.
Grats Rusty Zipper on 12 years of sobriety! Awesome!
Have a good day everyone!
Old 05-26-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think I noted it that way in March, but somebody corrected me that it was actually in May! Oh, well! Maybe RZ will set the record straight!
Old 05-26-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good Morning,

Dedicated to my friend, CML......

I was at my home group AA mtg last night and this young girl, new to the program sitting next to me shared an interesting observation. She said that she does a gratitude list each morning and tries to focus on the little things. Things so easily taken for granted in her active addiction...like her morning coffee. Further saying that her primary morning focus in the past was simply wondering what factors were at play for securing the necessary drugs and alcohol for that day.

After I got home I shared this story with another recovering friend and she told me that coffee was such a wonderful part of her life, having established a relationship with it as early as a child. Then, the funny thing was that she stopped drinking it in active addiction all together. No desire to enjoy that, or any simple fun pleasure for that matter.

I too had stopped drinking and enjoying my morning coffee in active addiction. If I did make or buy it, I did it strictly for the potential caffeine buzz it offered.

I am on a second Whole 30 in an attempt to reestablish my relationship with healthy, nutritious, organic real food. It excludes at least 90% of a grocery stores offerings. The bonus is that I can shop in like 25% of the time it once took me. Anyway, there is no sugar or dairy permitted on this plan.

I might not have been able to make it through without my morning Coconut Milk Latte, or CML as we so fondly refer to it. It is like having a coffee milk shake every morning...yum! This morning ritual is now a big part of my life. It satisfies my cravings for a sweet, without any sweetener, and tastes better than any creamer I ever used...in fact, blows away any Starbucks latte I have ever had.

So, in conclusion, I am very grateful for this simple pleasure in my life. Thank you, CML!!

Carlos

PS: Congrats, RZ...past, present, or perhaps future!
Old 05-26-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Magsie

Itchy I'm pleased you and your family are doing ok, we're thinking of you and we'd lend a hand in the clear up if we were nearer.

Zippy, wow, 12 years sober, this is daft but I can't comprehend it at this moment. 12 years, congratulations, that's brilliant.

We've been to Bempton Cliffs today, I wanted to see a puffin in real life and wow, I wasn't disappointed , it was lovely there, walking on the cliffs watching all the birds making homes, catching food for their young. I felt at home there. I saw puffins, kittiwakes, gannets (they fly like a glider ) and gulls. The weather was good, too.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Overs

12 years is a beautiful thing Rusty congrats my friend
Old 05-26-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Mags, that sounds fantastic! It is so amazing seeing wildlife doing what they do. And their babies! Love it!!
Old 05-26-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Itchy, glad you survived the storms.

On June 8th I will have five and a half years sober! There was a time when I could barely scrape together five and a half days, so this is big for me.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Itchy - I think I'm a little ahead of you time-wise as it was evening Gotham - lol - for example, it is 8.40pm here just now
Old 05-26-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was March for Zip - I thought that year went fast

glad you're ok Itchy

D
Old 05-26-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Well, congrats on 12 and 2 Zip! (any excuse for fireworks)

Old 05-26-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs.

Back to work for me today. Oh well, if I want money, I have to work.

Least, you've come so far.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Congratulations Zip

And congratulations Least

Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Least that is indeed an amazing achievement. I sometimes have to stop and grin at the fact I have 2+ years under my belt when I couldn't even make the first week of the month of Dry January in 2013. That was what made me finally realise that my drinking was not under my control at all and I was fooling myself if I thought it wasn't a problem that I had to deal with.

Itchy, perhaps you ought to trade the RV for a Boat? An Ark perhaps??? I'm glad you are all ok if a trifle distressed.

Yeah that whole work/wage thing is a total bummer. If only we could get paid to sit on our asses, oh, wait, I mostly do!!! Hahaha

Itchy I have been mostly distracted over the weekend so haven't had chance to really look iinto that website thingy yet. ( well, I have allowed myself to get distracted because I don't want to have to deal with the website thingy! My bad .

Hugs all and Happy Hump Day
Old 05-27-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

WTG, Least! You're an inspiration

Have a great hump-day, overs!
Old 05-27-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Congrats Least! you are all inspirations!

Old 05-27-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi Overs.

My company is gone and now I can return to my normal routine. We had a nice visit though. I am up early as my visitor is an early riser and frankly, I'm not quite sure what 7 in the morning is actually for! But since I am up, I suppose I will find something to do, maybe a bit of work. Then a nap may be in order for later today.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Magsie

DG best part of the day, the mornings, especially now it's light at 4 am, listening to nothing but the birds morning chorus. Wonderful!
Old 05-27-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Least on your upcoming 5 & a half years of sobriety that is amazing
Old 05-27-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Yay Least!
I am not a morning person but I really wish I was. That's been one of the toughest parts of having a small child. The 530 wakeups are killers. Luckily they're not all that early.
Had a nice visit with some family today. Getting a little angsty about a family function coming up this weekend. Lots of old wounds and recent hurt feelings all over the place. Just trying to accept how things are and that I can only control how I deal with it. Some have joked they're gonna deal with it by being at the bar, but that won't be me.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Evening Overs - My day has been mixed but has ended up good and thus I am feeling quite happy now