Notices

One Year & Over Part 26

Old 06-03-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

hiya tootsy
Old 06-03-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Do your best

From really raining & windy to me sweltering in shorts this weather is bonkers lol

Enjoying it tho glad i bought ice poles today, cant wait until friday @ 6pm it will be the weekend and il have so much done

Have a nice evening overs
Old 06-03-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Mags, you are right. They have been brought up well. And they have had many more years of having been brought up well than I did. So hopefully that foundation will serve them well for this. Thanks for your insight. Good luck with your paperwork!
Toots, thank you for your insight also. They certainly have a mature outlook, and again more so than my situation, so again hopefully that will serve them well. I for sure have my own baggage weighing in on my worries for them. I appreciate your thoughts too on my work situation. I'm afraid I just don't have confident answers to any of the questions that would direct me towards the best choice. So therefore I keep rolling along how I have been. Which is how I generally approach life to be honest. I'm a terrible decision maker because I'm too scared to make the wrong one.
Soberwolf hump day is coming to a close, making you closer to Friday!
I hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:59 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Magsie

Friday Eve , morning overs.

Got my paperwork done! Thank goodness. And half day holidays.

Wolfie I thought you would be used to our English weather. Come up north a bit, it's a surprise every day. Haha.
Hi Dee, itchy, Fbl , Gilmer, Zippy, dot, OLL , toots, Inpar , and everyone., have a Friday-Eve.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

OLL the worst decision is to not make a decision! I always think of the absolute worst thing that could happen if I decide to do something specific. usually nothing is irreversible. There have been occasions that I have made a wrong choice work wise, but I just stuck it out until I got something else. Perhaps to ease you in, you could look at doing some volunteering? That would give you a feeling of working but not the commitment to have to make big changes? T something else to think about. Do you go to any mother and baby groups or anything? With a young child it is often easier to isolate than cart the entire contents of the nursery with you everywhere you go, but it is important to be out mixing with other young mums getting their opinions and sharing trials. X

Zippy feeling extra empathic today, I was doing my warm up for a run when I practically collapsed with an excruciating pain in my knee. So unplanned rest day today and hoping it is nothing serious! It's my dodgy knee so I'm used to it giving me grief.

Hugs all x
Old 06-03-2015, 11:39 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Wow, Toots! Sorry about your knee! i hope the rest does some good. Excruciating pain sounds serious to me.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hope noting serious Toots! Rest up and take it easy!
Old 06-04-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

yeah tootsy, take care of that dogey knee
Old 06-04-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Toots I'm sorry about your knee too! I hope it feels better soon with rest! I do definitely take part in play groups and have some mom friends thank goodness. They are a lifesaver! Volunteering is a good idea. I'd have to look into something I could do with my daughter as I have no childcare unless I want to sign up for an actual daycare and they have a three day minimum. In order to pay for daycare I'd have to be doing something that makes money. But I should look into options that are doable in our situation. I even used to cross stitch little designs and sent them to people who made quilts out of them for sick kids. Even something like that might make me feel more useful, less all encompassed by motherhood. Thanks!
My visit with aunt and cousins went well. It was all pretty normal and not awkward or forced. But because of that I didn't really get to say anything about their situation and they didn't bring it up. There just didn't seem to be a right time. So hopefully with time of showing them that I'm there for them they will see and be comfortable to come to me if needed. I've been debating on texting them a little something but I don't know.
I hope I'm not sharing too much too soon. I had forgotten how much it helps to talk/write things out. And to do it with people who are fighting the same fights I am is just really great.
Hope everyone is having a good day
Old 06-04-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening Overs
Old 06-04-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hey y'all it's almost the weekend! I send my dog back to his dad on Saturday for two months. It's sad but I'm trying to look on the bright side like I'll have lots more spare time to go running. I think i want to do a 30 day challenge where i run every day. Toots sorry about the knee! How is it feeling?
I'm extremely proud of myself i got lots done this week so I might not have to work on the weekend. Fingers crossed. Weather is good here up and down too but i walked the dog in shorts tonight very exciting.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:38 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Toots sorry to hear about your knee.

I now have orthotic insoles with lumps of silicone rubber stuck under the ball of my foot, they look as if they would cripple you to walk on them but they are really comfortable. I've all ready stopped taking the ibuprofen during the day and I'm going to try stopping it at night too.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:36 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're seeing some improvement, Andy.

I'm sorry you've had to part with your dog again, InPar.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:47 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Sounds good Andy.

I noticed that I have been taking way fewer painkillers recently, so my overall physical health has improved.

My knee I think was due to a loose bit of cartilage moving around and getting where it oughtn't. I'm ok now, just got a bit of an ache. I intent to run today, but will see how it goes.

OLL, don't worry about opening up, I feel that the Overs is more about how we are dealing with life after initial recovery and to do that we need to share the issues that concern us if we are actively seeking support or advice. Not knowing the exact situation with your aunt and cousins it's difficult to know what to say, but I agree that making yourself available is a good beginning.

Zip how's the foot/leg/knee/ toe???? I never did figure what you had done only that it has you prone!

Hope y'all are looking forward to a good weekend, I can't believe how quickly this one has flown by!
Old 06-05-2015, 12:48 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I meant to add, i was perusing Coursera today and they have 'the Addicted Brain' course available to attend in your own time. It is free obviously, and I found it hugely informative about addiction and how it affects us chemically.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:49 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Glad your knee is better, Toots! You had me worried, there!
Old 06-05-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Here's a "get-well" wish to all that are on the overs "disabled list" As I approach the big 5-0 I have my share of aches and pains, but nothing that my heating pad can't cure.

Oh BTW, THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Old 06-05-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Hi Overs.

I've been keeping pretty busy with work. I did finish up a large portion of a project for a customer and deliver the results to them yesterday. It always feels good to finish things! Then I took the afternoon off and drove to our closest city to get an alignment for my car and hit Whole Foods. Whenever I go to someplace like Whole Foods and see all of the options, it reminds me of what I am missing out on in my small town!

Due to a raving testimonial from Carlos, I have been trying out the Whole30. I'm on day 8 and it's brought some interesting changes to my life. I've been cooking more and experimenting with foods I've never made before. It's really been kind of fun. Plus I have been religious about doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen after each meal. It's nice to have it done and know that everything is clean for the next meal.

I've also been making it to my yoga class more again the last week or so. I'm always so glad when I go!
Old 06-05-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Sending myself best wishes as I 'supervise' a bunch of 10 year old girls at the Scottish Deer Centre tomorrow!! It is a birthday treat for my daughter