View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 12:47 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Great photo of you Itchy....who's the bloke with the camera? thanks for that advice I now have a domain name woohoo!! Will see if I get time over the weekend to do more! I luuurve Salami!

Hey Gilmer how is the Hebrew going?

Mags here's some tissues Hun, the sort with 'hello Vera' for a sore nose! Get well soon. As for the wedding, spend time with the non drinkers, I love talking to the Olds about yesteryear and getting to know what is hip and happening from the youngsters! ( btw, 'hip and happening' is so not cool apparently!!!)

Good to see ya Zip

Drake, you so do not lead a dull life! Concerts and nutty tenants, Mardi Gras parties and an ailing vintage car??? Enjoy your rare rain. Molly loves getting wet, unlike HRH Olive, she was designed for the water, well 3/4 of her was, the other 1/4 is just pure mental for anything!

FBL how are things? Settled back in after your weekend marathon drive?

I lost my godfather yesterday, it was expected, he had brain cancer and all we could hope was that he didn't have to suffer too badly. As it was he didn't seem to and his end was peaceful. I didn't get chance to go visit with him as he deteriorated rapidly very early on to the point of not knowing anyone. I will be travelling down the week after next for the funeral though, my work was great about shifting my days around to accommodate me.

I have less than a month now to complete my preparations for my 5k run in aid of cancer. Apart from a perpetually sore neck and gammy knee I am doing ok but seeking sponsors so Pm me if you want a link to my sponsorship site! I have promised my SIL that if I walk a single step ( instead of running the whole way) I will double the sponsorship! She is doing ok, having completed her second session of chemo. She is just counting the days off her calendar to the end of the course. As I run, when it gets tough I visualise stomping her cancer cells underfoot and picture her ( now bald) and know that if she has the courage to face this with a smile I can run a measly 5K

Wolfie, what gourmet dishes have you got planned for the weekend?

Well as Mags says, it's Friday again so hugs to you all and have a great time over the weekend xx