Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 10

Old 02-19-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Big - glad you made it safe and have found a sober buddy. Keep posting the food your enjoying - Tonks and I will live vicariously.

Js, I know what you mean about just living life and not focusing on being sober. Sorry about the bad tach day.

Tonks, behave and do not push the McNuggets on Cristina so soon!
Old 02-19-2015, 04:32 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Ok. What's with the chicken nuggets???
Old 02-19-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BBQBiker View Post
Big - glad you made it safe and have found a sober buddy. Keep posting the food your enjoying - Tonks and I will live vicariously.

Js, I know what you mean about just living life and not focusing on being sober. Sorry about the bad tach day.

Tonks, behave and do not push the McNuggets on Cristina so soon!

I've realized I don't like the way I feel when I drink, I used to, but now it just causes anxiety, shame and depression. This happened with drugs a few years ago, it just wasn't fun anymore so I stopped. Now the same thing is happening with alcohol, the feeling it gives me is dark.
So at this point I think it's more changing habits, not rushing to the liquor store every time something comes up or doesn't come up.
I don't even feel like drinking anymore, and when I do, I think about it, do I really want a long boring night at home drunk alone?! Not really.
its boring as hell, I hate being trapped at home because I'm drunk and can't drive, at least if I'm bored sober, I have a million options of things to do to become un bored. Alcohol was holding me hostage at home.
Having a hard time dealing with feelings, because I always just washed them away in alcohol, but it's ok, that's life. I'm not feeling anything other people in the world haven't felt.
The show must go on!
Old 02-19-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Okay, checking in super quick. I read everything but I can't reply to everyone. I'm way too exhausted and a bit brain dead after hours of painful manual labor in -12 degree weather today.

However, I got time to shout out a very lively, lovely, heart-felt HELLO to Cristina!!! It's so nice to have you with us! I can't wait to get to know you. Be careful around ol' Tonks. He is the troublemaker in the group!

Brynn, sweetheart you have had my heart all day today. Every time I turned around I was thinking about you. I hope you've been able to enjoy your day back at work. Take care of you, sweetness. Keep my heart as long as you need it. It's yours.

Della and Mld, I'm really hoping for some swift resolution of your respective situations. I've been there. Know they suck. Keep your respective chins up, ladies. Ha ha....respective chins. I'm sleepy

BigShoe!! Enjoy Poland for all of us! Keep pushing on sober, buddy!

Much love to Kitty, West, Erin, Fabl, ahhh, dang I know there is more DAX, and I'm sorry to anyone I missed. Holy crap, Mama B, can't forget about you or MAX. My brain is in the microwave I believe. Sorry guys, I love you all very dearly.

Tonks, you're my bud. Nuff said.

Bodhi, I'm so glad you are still sober. Do what works for you. Even if that means a bit of distance here. It's all about living sober by whatever means necessary. Love ya!

Okay, whew! That's the best I've got tonight. Love you all!
Old 02-19-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Cristina you are so stinking cute! I love hats myself in fact I probably have too many.

My DWI situation...I had one 9 years ago so this one is considered a felony. The judge set my bail at 10,000 and I was in jail 3 days. I have never been in jail quite a new experience. It could definitely be worse I could never have lived with myself if I had hurt someone. The DA refuses to deal at all so I have to be indicted then maybe he will deal. So I am looking at felony probation. My work requires travel for training in fact I am supposed to go to California for training in April. Not sure I will even be able to depending on where I am at with this whole thing.

I signed myself up for outpatient I am just having a hard time my job is a 30 minute commute and outpatient is 20 minutes away. Right now I just feel like such a burden. I have to get rides everywhere and I am also terrible at asking for help. I am used to trying to fix things for people and now I just feel so dependent. Just all getting too me lately.

Hope you all are doing well. I promise to catch up on all the posts and see how everyone is I get up at 5 and my outpatient is 3 days a week till 8 so it makes for a long day. Love to all.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Della - the way you are handling your DWI is inspirational. Most other people would have given up and given in. (((Della)))
Old 02-19-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Thank you. We are all handling our stuff I think as a group we kick some booty.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Ya**!

That sounds like a full plate Della! I have to agree with BBQ here, you're pretty amazing
Old 02-19-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Oh Della your situation sounds worse than mine. Ouch. I'll definitely be pulling for you.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Good job litter!!!
Old 02-19-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Thanks all nothing amazing at all. Just trying to live life on life's terms. I brought it on myself. I just feel bad putting others out for my mistake. I can't let alcohol take one more thing from me. I see these young kids at out patient and it makes me so sad they have their whole lives ahead of them and I think I hope they make it even more than I hope I make it.Don't mind me I am just melancholy lately.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Biggie I am Polish and Irish...and I hate kielbasa...we always had it with potatoes lolol! Hope you have a great time!
Old 02-19-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Get some much deserved rest Copper.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good evening y'all!!

I've read everyone's posts and I'm just so proud to be part of this family! D-class seriously rocks!

I'm so glad you checked in copper! Sorry you're having to work out in the cold!

And Js...hugs to you, girl! Keep doing what it takes to stay sober!

And Della...I'm with you! I've allowed my drinking to take way too much away from me! Never again. We've got too much life to live to be chained to a bottle!

Y'all, After work I met with my ex and had a long, very emotional talk. I've never seen him so serious. He is devastated about the miscarriage and wants to get back together. Don't worry...I didn't cave. I told him I couldn't go back...I've closed the door to that chapter of my life and nothing can be gained by going backward. The only good thing about any of it is he wants me to have the house. Not sure if i want it, but it's mine if I do.

I hope everyone has a peaceful night.
xoxo
Old 02-19-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Ya**!

So proud of you brynn! *hugs* to you!

GUYS, GUYS!!

...I have mint choc chip ice cream
Old 02-19-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by Tonks View Post
So proud of you brynn! *hugs* to you!

GUYS, GUYS!!

...I have mint choc chip ice cream
Mmm....with hummus and raisins on top??? ha!

Love you brother!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:13 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Old 02-19-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
OX

Mm Tonks that's one of my favs.

Sweet Della, ask for help when you need it. I know you'd help others in a second. It will work out

Hey JS, i know what you mean about distance from the booze. No need to dwell on it. Kinda why I didn't like the group meetings I went to. I've even made cuts from this site before for the very same reason. But then I lost perspective a bit and thought wrongly that I could ease in to the booze pool and stay at the shallow end. So this time I've decided to join the class and talk about life and find good people to care about. It's helping me so far. But don't let anything hold you hostage. Not booze or internet or boys or bosses. I like your perspective though so check in when you want. We got your back for you. Sounds like mercury in retrograde over your house. What a nasty storm of tech mess
Good morning Midwest
Copper stay warm and take breaks
Cristina, I don't travel too much no, there's so much to see where I live I sometimes wanna hang out there. But I do get around and have been more global in my college years.
I should look at my lines and re learn my part
Checking in later folks. Have at it
Old 02-20-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning everyone!

Just saying hi. Not much to add. Nothing from my lawyer yet.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Tonks- pass the ice cream!

Mld- I hope you hear from the lawyer today and that it is good news.