View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Jsbodhi

Originally Posted by BBQBiker View Post
Big - glad you made it safe and have found a sober buddy. Keep posting the food your enjoying - Tonks and I will live vicariously.

Js, I know what you mean about just living life and not focusing on being sober. Sorry about the bad tach day.

Tonks, behave and do not push the McNuggets on Cristina so soon!

I've realized I don't like the way I feel when I drink, I used to, but now it just causes anxiety, shame and depression. This happened with drugs a few years ago, it just wasn't fun anymore so I stopped. Now the same thing is happening with alcohol, the feeling it gives me is dark.
So at this point I think it's more changing habits, not rushing to the liquor store every time something comes up or doesn't come up.
I don't even feel like drinking anymore, and when I do, I think about it, do I really want a long boring night at home drunk alone?! Not really.
its boring as hell, I hate being trapped at home because I'm drunk and can't drive, at least if I'm bored sober, I have a million options of things to do to become un bored. Alcohol was holding me hostage at home.
Having a hard time dealing with feelings, because I always just washed them away in alcohol, but it's ok, that's life. I'm not feeling anything other people in the world haven't felt.
The show must go on!