Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 10

Old 02-20-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.

Yay it's Friday!!! I used to love the weekend bc it gave me an excuse to drink all day without having to wake up too early. Now I love it bc I get to spend quality time with my husband and kids, being present and active. It really is so much better now!!
Old 02-20-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Della you're attitude is so inspirational. And way to go on checking yourself into outpatient. That's awesome!!!

Mld I'm hoping you hear something today!!! Thinking about you.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!! Mld hope you hear something today. Nothing worse than riding out a weekend worrying about these things. At least you know you are doing all the right things and your head is in a good place.

Freezing here but it could always be worse. My weekend starts today as I work a 4 day workweek I think maybe I will spring clean....can't do anything outside!
Old 02-20-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Good Morning Lovely Littermates.
Day 77 for we Royal Veggie Triplets.
Getting into the double digits today - heat wave.
My hubby has given up booze for Lent - interesting.
Tonks, don't Bogart that ice cream - share with the litter!
Brynn, sounds like you reinforced your resolve talking to your ex. What would it mean for you to have the house? Financial and otherwise.
Mld, so cool that you are not spinning and speculating over what you cannot control. We are all crossing our fingers. Whatever the outcome I know you can handle it.
Kitty - did you get your test results yet?
Big - when do the shows start? Break a leg.
Do good out there litter.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Hey folks,
Well, I gave in last night again. I guess I'm just not ready to quit drinking just about now. I'm hoping someday it will happen for me.just wanted to let you all know, cause I won't be posting much, if at all on the forum for a bit. I do hope to make recovery happen for me sometime, tho. Thanks class for your love and support. Proud of each and everyone of you guys.

Blessings
Old 02-20-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Hey folks, Well, I gave in last night again. I guess I'm just not ready to quit drinking just about now. I'm hoping someday it will happen for me.just wanted to let you all know, cause I won't be posting much, if at all on the forum for a bit. I do hope to make recovery happen for me sometime, tho. Thanks class for your love and support. Proud of each and everyone of you guys. Blessings
Oh Max. Please don't stop posting!! Recovery will happen for you. I had to check myself in to a 35 day treatment facility just to restart my sobriety. I've been trying since April. It takes time. The thing is you know you want this so just keep at it. I know it's hard!!!! I'm praying for you and we are all here for you whenever you need us.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Max! Sorry to hear you feel you aren't ready. I wasn't ready for a long time, and then I just was. I knew it deep down - that I was done. It was a whole different feeling than the many times before that I promised myself to quit. Treatment, AA and coming here cemented my decision. I've learned so much about myself and my disease. Can't remember - have you tried treatment? Is it an option for you?
Old 02-20-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Max I hope you continue posting this and treatment I feel it's what is helping me this time.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Max, please stay with our litter and keep reading and posting. Those moments of weakness are when we need each other the most. We love you. Keep trying. It will happen.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Max, I'm sorry to hear about your relapse. Please know you're always welcome to be with us and share your continued experiences.... That's all we are really doing here. We rise and fall at different times, but we do it together.

Good morning my family.

CristinaBina, Middy's brother once sent her a package in the mail and, excited, she opened the package in a fit of joy... Which turned to horror. He had sent her a chicken mcnugget that had been rotting away. Della has sworn to repeat this act on an unlucky litter mate.

Della! Will there be a French maid outfit involved? Just wondering...

Mld, good morning valentine! When do you return to the range?

Gotta go do my run and get going, love to all of our family!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Tonks - returning to the range very soon, I hope. Need to coordinate it with the friend who owns the rifles. His schedule is tricky. My gun is a shotgun - not welcome at the range. In the spring I hope to finally learn to shoot skeet. Something I've always wanted to try.

At the car shop now getting my intoxalock put in. Now just waiting on the insurance company to get me the proof of high-risk insurance. Then I can go to the DMV and get my occupational license.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Tonks - returning to the range very soon, I hope. Need to coordinate it with the friend who owns the rifles. His schedule is tricky. My gun is a shotgun - not welcome at the range. In the spring I hope to finally learn to shoot skeet. Something I've always wanted to try.

At the car shop now getting my intoxalock put in. Now just waiting on the insurance company to get me the proof of high-risk insurance. Then I can go to the DMV and get my occupational license.
Find some BLM land nearby, they usually have areas allocated for shotgun use. Just make sure to cleanup your brass and stuff. I take the shotty out nearby but its filthy... People made it a wasteland of brass and shot up targets, furniture, signs, etc.

And I'm excited for you to get your independence back! Soon as you get your wheels back, where we going to eat??
Old 02-20-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all!!

Thanks Sis B for posting our days since I stopped counting! We are really doing it girls!! Hey Shannon...check in when you can!

((Max))...please don't leave us! Remember you're part of this family whether you're drinking or not. Most of us had some false starts quitting....I sure did! But like mld, I got to a place where I had just had enough. And I believe with all my heart that day will come for you. I just hate to see you so miserable though. I think you mentioned counseling? I really wish you could find someone locally to talk to about your home situation and maybe put you in touch with some resources in your area. My thoughts and prayers are with you sweet friend. ❤️
Old 02-20-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
...holds the key

And Dax...hope you're feeling better! Y'all have had an awfully hard winter at your house! ❤️

And Mld...I hope you hear from your lawyer today. Let us know when you do.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Gang - I'm so sad today. Had a conversation last night with the guy who is my best friend who I've also had an on-again off-again relationship with for the last 5 years. He told me he doesn't know if he will ever trust me again. I know where he's coming from - I was not a good friend (or girlfriend) at times. Like most alcoholics, I did things I wasn't proud of, and lied to cover up. He's the kind of person who just can't lie, and he values honesty above all. I love him so much - and I feel absolutely horrible about the lies I told him. I'm trying to be patient and realize it will take time, but for him to say he doesn't know if he will EVER trust me - that hurts like hell. He's really sticking by me as a friend, though - he's been wonderful and we've gotten along better than ever as friends. But he's making it clear I should not hope for anything more any time soon, if ever. I know this is silly, but he made me take my pillow out of his apartment and that just slayed me. He said it was all about having a clean slate, but it sure felt like he was saying "I don't want you to ever sleep next to me again." I'm so thankful that he is still my friend, and I'm trying to see that as enough for now, but man. I'm so damn sad.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Checking in and whatever.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Gang - I'm so sad today. Had a conversation last night with the guy who is my best friend ... I was not a good friend (or girlfriend) at times. Like most alcoholics, I did things I wasn't proud of, and lied to cover up. He's the kind of person who just can't lie, and he values honesty above all. I love him so much - and I feel absolutely horrible about the lies I told him. I'm trying to be patient and realize it will take time, but for him to say he doesn't know if he will EVER trust me - that hurts like hell. He's really sticking by me as a friend, though - he's been wonderful and we've gotten along better than ever as friends. ... I'm so thankful that he is still my friend, and I'm trying to see that as enough for now, but man. I'm so damn sad.
Mld, did you include what you told us in your conversation with him. I hope so because those are deep, heartfelt words. If not then maybe you want to.
I never blame people for not trusting alcoholics. We have violated their trust time and again. What people don't alwats realize is that when we get sober for real we ache over what we have done and people that we love that we have violated. Some close people may give us a chance to earn that trust back. If we are lucky. Just say'n.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Mld!! *hug*

Just like you said, I honestly don't blame him and it's really hard to accept that ultimately our choices we made in the past come with a price to pay. Hopefully him voicing his concerns is the first step on the path to healing those old wounds! And in the end, even if it doesn't involve a romantic relationship, your friendship will surely be deeper for it.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
...holds the key

((Mld))....I know you're heart hurts right now and I'm so sorry.

I don't know if y'all will ever have a romantic relationship again or not, but I do know that by you staying sober and doing the next right thing the trust will begin to be rebuilt. It's a slow process, but every day you don't drink is another building block for that trust. ❤️

Hey Copper! What's shakin bacon? (Oh no!! Tonks is rubbing off on me!) ha!
Old 02-20-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

BBQ - yes I included those feeling in my conversation with him. It's not the first time we've talked about this, and he knows how I feel. I'm afraid to tell him how much I love him - at this point in time it's not appropriate. Our relationship has never really had a chance to get to the "I Love You" stage. He's not the type to take that lightly and I always managed to sabotage things when it seemed like we were getting there. I believe it it weren't for my drinking we'd be together. But yes - he knows how sad I am and how sorry I am for my behaviors. He also knows how much I appreciate him sticking by me.