Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 6

Old 01-22-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Good morning! I'm reading all posts, and as usual, can't respond individually without taking notes. But know that I'm thinking of you all and praying for positive outcomes to all your struggles.

I'm so glad I added the royal dynamic to our family. It makes me smile when I read references to it. When I told one of my British friends about the ancestry, she asked me if I would still be her friend because she is a mere commoner. I told her of course I would but she has to call me Princess Shannon.

It's all in good fun! I'll be back much later this afternoon or evening to explain my situation. Have a great day! Thinking of you Princess B!
Old 01-22-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

BB!! I've been thinking about you all morning! Good vibes are continuously coming your way. I can't wait to hear from you later. Love you!

Bigshoe, thank you for your delightful insight. I love having older, not old, just older individuals in this class. I have so much to learn about life and having you and all the others here really helps me grow as a person.

Cast congrats on your sober days. I'm glad it has clicked for you that drinking isn't an option. That epiphany changes everything.

50 days is great all you 50 dayers!!! Please excuse my made up word.

Tonks, I'll be keeping your mom in my thoughts. I hate that your situation is what it is. Toxic family relationships have a way of bringing you down like nothing else can. I hope you and your mom take whatever measure are necessary to ensure that she has a safe and relaxing recuperation space. She doesn't need or deserve any added stress. Love ya, Tonks.

Shannon your friend sounds hysterical! Wishing you smooth sailing throughout your day!

Brynn, i hope PT goes well for you. Good on you for staying so positive. I can't wait to hear all about the miles you log here soon!

My physical therapy went better than expected. Still hurts like a son of a gun but still pleasant. I'm so envious of all of you runners out there. I haven't been able to run in 3 years. So, I expect all of you who can run to run a mile for me

Much love to all of you! Here's to another sober day!
Old 01-22-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hello friends.

Thinking of BBQ this morning, and sending good thoughts and prayers her way.
Tonks, I'm from a toxic family myself. Hope things settle down there soon.
Well, its day 7 and I'm feeling good, but know its early times. However, I'm still happy to be at this point again, and saying congrats to Kitty and FABL as well! We are doing great!

Congrats to everyone here on the sober days. They are so good, aren't they?
Have a happy, blessed today friends.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Struggling...

Not a lot of time to check-in. Will be reading as the day goes.

Would love to hear your experience on responding to triggers to use differently.

BBQ --- my heart is with you.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone! Good morning! We have such a busy class, it's awesome!
We have zombies, royalty, etc!!

Like others have said, I can't respond to everyone individually, but I read everything
Best wishes with the legal troubles everyone xoxo, I don't have a DWI myself, but sooo many people I know do, such a nightmare

Good news, on one of my weekend away days, I'll have the place to myself, his friends are going on a day trip and boyfriend will be snowmobiling . Phew
School was good last night, 3 hours of Medical Anthropology HIV/AIDS, was a bit heavy, but its fascinating! I love school so much, I'm the first one in my entire family to go to university ( aunts, uncles, cousins etc) and I only had a single mom she's thrilled!
Old 01-22-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
...holds the key

((Dax))....we're here if you want to talk. I'm sorry you're struggling so much right now and if I could take it away from you I would. Triggers...ugh...pop up uninvited and at the worse possible time it seems! one of my biggest triggers was the clock announcing 'it's drinking time'!!! My drinking time started every day at 2pm on the dot! I had to learn to replace drinking time at 2 with something else....in the beginning of sobriety I took a coffee break at 2 and did a crossword or caught up on words with friends....I distracted myself. Now 2pm doesn't bother me anymore. I think identifying the trigger is key...then having a plan in place to deal with it. Any Sort of distraction is good.
Keep close to SR today, ok?

Copper..glad PT went well!! Yay! After your surgery you'll probably be running the Boston marathon!!

Congrats on 7 awesome days max!! .

Js...I'm so proud of you! I always loved school too! And I'm glad you're feeling better about your trip...now maybe you can relax a bit! I'm sure you'll dazzle them with your charming wit, darling!!

Happy to report that my entire right side is feeling stronger today! I feel like I have more control, yay!

It snowed for about five minutes here this morning! It was so pretty! Made me feel like a kid hoping it would stick....it didn't....now it's just raining!

Love you all!

Still thinking of you Princess B!!
❤️
Old 01-22-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

I am home and resting for the remainder if the day. My husband stayed with me before and after surgery. Very comforting that he was watching out for me. All went well. Test results from tissue in a few days.
I felt all your thoughts and prayers. Strong and loving.
Thank you all.
I'll check in later.
Still smiling about out total litter.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oops! I just realized I forgot to say hi to Her Majesty....Princess Shannon! Sorry sister! Thinking of you today, too...hope everything's ok! ❤️
Old 01-22-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Happy to hear it all went well BBQ
Old 01-22-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Hey Dax, I'm glad you checked in. I've been thinking about you. I'm sorry you are struggling but it's good that you posted instead of acting on anything. I think what Brynn said is pretty spot on about identification and distraction. Sometimes, what helped me was to tell myself if I still felt like this tomorrow, I would reevaluate my decision to drink. Just postponing my initial reaction to the trigger or urge until the next day calmed me and it would pass. I hope that makes sense. Drinking was never an option but just telling myself it would be something I would consider the next day got me through it.

Bodhi, that class sounds ridiculously hard! All the more power to you lol. When are you expected to graduate?

Brynn, Congrats! No marathons for me anytime soon. When I schedule surgery for my left ankle I have to have an MRI of my right one because something is still wrong with it after the first surgery I had on it. Sooo, might be looking at 2 surgeries instead of just one. BUT, after that I would really like to run at least one.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

BBQ!, so glad all went well! Get you some good rest!
Old 01-22-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh sister B!!! I'm so glad you're able to check in and I'm so glad everything went well! I know the waiting is the hard part...we'll be with you, though, and I'm confident all is well.
Hope you can rest this afternoon! Love you! ❤️
Old 01-22-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

BBQBiker- I am glad your procedure went well and that your resting.

Dax- I just try and stay as busy as I can. Working out at the gym seems to be the best way for me to deal with triggers. I burn off steam and then I am tired and relaxed. I have been making a lot of to do lists too and staying busy getting things done. . hang in there!!
Old 01-22-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

BBQ - glad your procedure went well.

I just found out a dear friend passed away today. He was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer about 2 years ago, so we were blessed to get as much time with him as we did. He has been living with his daughter a couple hundred miles from here for about the last year and a half. So I haven't seen him much in that time. Last fall he came to visit and a bunch of us went to a Twins Baseball game. We also had a great picnic in a nearby park. It was a wonderful way to see him for the last time. I'll miss him very much.

I'm going to meet some of the other folks from our group at our watering hole - I imagine most people will be having drinks. I'm not worried that I will. The desire to drink seems to have left me completely in the last week or so. So I feel comfortable going to the bar. I've been there a few times in the last 6 weeks and it's been fine. It will be sad, though.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Mld, so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. It will be nice to go out with your group and be together with friends that knew him. Sad.
"It is a fearful thing to love what death can touch."
Old 01-22-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dax it depends on what the triggers are but there are some great ideas on reacting differently in this link - playing the tape through, thinking about the end result of that desire to drink, and urge surfing may be particularly useful?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

So glad everything went ok BBQBiker

Mld I'm so sorry for your loss...

D
Old 01-22-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

So sorry for your loss Mid......B hoping for awesome test results for you!
Old 01-22-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss Mld.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Please accept my condolences, mld. Enjoy your evening and keep yourself safe.

Dax...hope you'll check in with us and let us know how you're doing. Dee mentioned playing the tape forward and that's something that's really helped me.

Sister B, how are you feeling? Hope you've gotten to rest and take it easy today.

Love you guys!
❤️
Old 01-22-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Dax, hope you check in. Thinking of you.

My husband was there for me in spades. Love that man. I have been resting all day and will do the same tomorrow. Some pain but not enough to take the meds prescribed. I took a homeopathic, Traumeel, to help with bruising, swelling and pain. Hanging on the couch with my dog, Jack. A sober excused absence from life.