View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Copper442

Hey Dax, I'm glad you checked in. I've been thinking about you. I'm sorry you are struggling but it's good that you posted instead of acting on anything. I think what Brynn said is pretty spot on about identification and distraction. Sometimes, what helped me was to tell myself if I still felt like this tomorrow, I would reevaluate my decision to drink. Just postponing my initial reaction to the trigger or urge until the next day calmed me and it would pass. I hope that makes sense. Drinking was never an option but just telling myself it would be something I would consider the next day got me through it.

Bodhi, that class sounds ridiculously hard! All the more power to you lol. When are you expected to graduate?

Brynn, Congrats! No marathons for me anytime soon. When I schedule surgery for my left ankle I have to have an MRI of my right one because something is still wrong with it after the first surgery I had on it. Sooo, might be looking at 2 surgeries instead of just one. BUT, after that I would really like to run at least one.