View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Hi folks!

Well I'm in the Sonoran Desert w/my husband, and my son is in India. This is, oddly, my third non-drinking NY Eve though I now have less than a year sober. In 2012 I was here with 2 weeks and pretty fragile; in 2013 I was here fidgeting and fighting; and now I'm just here. Some times are better than others but I've stopped fighting with it. I've been having some pretty bad back pain and yesterday a pint of Jack Daniels and a couple of the painkillers my f-ed up sister offered me sounded pretty good. But I've discovered -- rediscovered?-- that pain is a ride like everything else, and I'm just on it.

New Year's Resolutions, anyone? I don't really do them, but I'm thinking about changing my look in 2015-- thinking about strings of beads, silk and satin dresses, and a long cigarette holder with a (usually) unlit cigarette. If I can't have a martini, I want to look like I know my way around one!

Thanks to all you all for your support in 2014, and I wish all of you good health and recovery in 2015!