Notices

Class of March 2013 part 35

Old 12-15-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Great and wonderful support is being shown by Aussies for fellow Aussies no matter their background https://twitter.com/hashtag/illridewithyou?src=hash

As of this post the hostages are still inside.

V really? You thought the media handled it badly? I must admit I have only watched the ABC and SBS and social media but I thought the press handled it well. I've been glued to the TV all day but hadn't heard anything about the guy seeking retribution? Maybe stuff is being released interstate that we aren't hearing here. I was really impressed with the cops, they are not racing in with guns blazing, they are waiting patiently. It must be hell to do that when you want to go in which they all would.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

...thinking of all you antipodeans...
I'm surprised the autocensor let you call people that.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:19 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Marcher ~ I, too, am impressed with the police.
I just feel that all of this PR has played into this guy's hands...
All-day news coverage on every channel ~ sigh.

I may well be far too hasty in inserting my opinions...I do get way too passionate sometimes.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Administrator

I stuck to ABC and SBS mostly and agree with Marcher, although being a man I channel surfed and found some of what Venus was talking about on the commercial channels.

As much as the media get a bad name, they're on a hiding to nothing with stuff like this - if they report it they're giving attention to the gunman...and if they don't they're not giving their viewers news.

rock and a hard place
D
Old 12-15-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I read the Washington post every morning, and a photo of the hostages is on the front page.

My sponsor tells me to stop reading the paper, but old habits are hard to break.

I am off to a walk at the mall.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Wow - project simplify being in full effect I haven't seen the news for the past several days - so just catching up on this! Holy cow!!! Sending so many prayers to Sydney - so frightening.

Toots - running out right now but am sending you a PM later today.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

I am back from walking a mile to join all of you young people who are caregivers of people like me who don't take care of themselves.

My 56 year young bonus daughter has a 57 year old husband with COPD who is on oxygen and needs a 3rd wire for his pacemaker/defrib pending a catscan today and......

Her 80 year old father who is scheduled for surgery to replace his aortic valve next month.

She asked my wife and I to please stay healthy til her being there for husband and father has eased a bit.

We gave her a hug and a kiss, and assured her that family takes care of family.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hello Marchers and thank you everyone for all the nice Birthday wishes. I had a very nice week-end with my sister==she went all out for me even tho her hubby has cancer we had a very loving week-end. North--you always make me smile with your cute signatures. I'm doing ok--day 6 and definitely will make day 7==gosh you guys are the best. My sister said it was good to have her sister back. I almost cried. hugs to all of you and I truly mean that
Babs
Old 12-15-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hello Marchers and thank you everyone for all the nice Birthday wishes. I had a very nice week-end with my sister==she went all out for me even tho her hubby has cancer we had a very loving week-end. North--you always make me smile with your cute signatures. I'm doing ok--day 6 and definitely will make day 7==gosh you guys are the best. My sister said it was good to have her sister back. I almost cried. hugs to all of you and I truly mean that
Babs
Old 12-15-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Wonderful post Babs, I hope you understand that people care about you because you are worth caring about. Now you have to convince yourself of that and treat yourself better than you have been with the drinking merry-go-round. Please do whatever you need to, therapy, IOP, inpatients, AA, anything, just believe that your life is worth working on. Your family obviously think so. We do too.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

So glad your sister showed you a wonderful weekend, Babs!
Old 12-15-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone!

Been a busy week for me. I finally have a new person working here! He'll only be here about 24 hours a week, but that will help me out quite a bit. Training will take time but hopefully soon I can get to use some vacation time.

I went to a Christmas party last night, a few folks from the American Legion, nobody got drunk and a nice quiet funny evening was had. ( Had it been a large party with lots of drinking, I'd have been gone in 15 miinutes)

Jez has found a new escape hatch and wont show me where it is, so now I must sneak behind her until I catch her in the act.

Babs, keep on going, you can do it!

For our Aussie contingent, I'm glad that non of you were in harms way!!!!!

Toots, I would definitely love to read your book, PM me and let me know how to get it!

North, 2 months away, we will keep the heat on for you, but even if it is chilly here for us, I'm sure it'll feel great to you. I've seen locals wearing heavy clothes and tourists wearing bikinis over the last week. ( been hovering in the low to mid 60's).

Sass, hope your impending move turns out they way you hope for!
Old 12-15-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. Many of you would have been awake when the Sydney siege ended at 4 our time this morning, it's really sad even though the cops did their best. I'm not feeling myself this morning.

Have a good day and take care of yourselves.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

It is very sad.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:19 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Good morning Marchers. Many of you would have been awake when the Sydney siege ended at 4 our time this morning, it's really sad even though the cops did their best. I'm not feeling myself this morning.

Have a good day and take care of yourselves.
I cried this morning when I watched the video, and read the news reports.
I am not feeling myself today either...not even walking helped.

(((grtgrandpa))) ♥

V xx
Old 12-15-2014, 09:32 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Administrator

+1 guys.

D
Old 12-16-2014, 02:58 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Thoughts are with you, it is a sad day. I won't get political with my thoughts, just sending love to those who lost loved ones, it is always so much harder to bear this close to Christmas.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:22 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Oh guys, you're not alone! We feel your pain all the way across the world. I guess one good thing about having little ones in the house is that our news watching is limited - somedays I'm happier to watch Sponge Bob than hearing about the Evil going on in the world.

(((Hugs to my Oz friends)))
Old 12-16-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

You know....I really need to see Sponge Bob.
You miss out on things when there are no kidlets.

And Hi Ken....wasn't up to responding to anyone today...huge hugs for you!

Nite Marchers,

V xx
Old 12-16-2014, 03:32 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Good night, V (((hugs)))