Notices

Class of March 2013 part 35

Old 12-10-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi folks. Yep I owe an explanation..........en route to UK frm Melb, I had what we thought was either an allergic reaction or less so an asthma attack........felt throat closing over. I've v little memory but had respiratory arrest and plane diverted to Perth (Oz). Stayed for 3 days, discharged and allowed to continue journey but with a 'suspicious' X-ray in my hand. GP back in Scotland referred me up to Glasgow for a biopsy which returned confirmation of a tumour under me tongue. I was in denial and started adopting it as my little 'bug'. I was given the choice of flying directly back to Oz or staying in Scotland to start treatment via NHS. Third choice was under negotiation of my Aunt which was start the process which she could oversee.........then if I was still stubborn and determined enough to return to Oz then so be it.........the negotiation cost a lot of money but that's what i've done.............I question whether it was the correct choice but after Mums sudden passing.......I can't do any more mollycoddling......I needed my own bed and space...........I also needed to get on the plane so i'd access to drink again!........I know I know, please don't ..........I know....i'm working on it. Anyway....there it is, sorry for dropping the bombshell.

Congrats Marcher and Ken. Congrats also Sass....4 months is fab, never made it to that point yet. Why you moving again Sass I must have missed that/!

Nice to c u V. I'm planning v reg AA meetings so perhaps our paths will cross in the neighbourhood.

Hi Dee..........there as always

Hi everyone. Hope life treating you well.

Welcome back Babs..........you can do this and you know it............we're the baby sober twins.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you back Life

my suggestion is fight for your life. I don't mean about the cancer, I mean the alcoholism.

It's make or break time really - either you get yourself back on track now or totally lose your ****.

I went from a place I thought that was quite functional to being that smelly neighbourhood bum in the space of 6 months.

I never believed that would happen to me....fight J.

D
Old 12-11-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry about your diagnosis, Life.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

(((Life))) I'm so sorry for what you've been going through. But oh so glad you came back to us! Dee said it all, girl. And lean on us to help make it happen! xoxo

Gilmer, ouch! I've been through it all when it comes to my rotten teeth. Hope you stayed away from the gas - I tried that once and did not like it one bit. Or maybe I should say, I really did like it. Not good for us.

I spent the morning in a true paradise yesterday...I played tennis and had lunch at Trump's Mar a Lago. Holy moly it is nice. I asked hubby if we could become members and he said "sure, if we don't want the boys to go to college."

Marcher, my scottie & westie girls have no idea they're under 20 lbs -- they too are seriously convinced they're the size of Shepherds and act like it.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:19 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Sounds like a beautiful life Duff.
This place is heaven; are you sure the boys need a college education?

Maybe you can put those gorgeous dogs to work earning some extra dollars.

V xx
Old 12-11-2014, 03:23 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Oh V! Clearly you don't many scotties or westies! They refuse to do what they're told - they refuse to do anything unless they want to do it. I'm afraid work is out of the question for my dogs. I'll have to come up with another plan to visit paradise again...hmmm....
Old 12-11-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey, Life. That must have been scarey. Stay with us this time, OK?
Old 12-11-2014, 03:47 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Duff, sell the children.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Stubborn Scots Duff!!!!
Old 12-11-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I am sorry that you have been through such a rough time life.
It sounds pretty scary.
I really hope you are feeling a little better. And I'm really glad you have come back for some support.

V xx
Old 12-11-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Woohoo! Got hooked up with the local event services office. Now I no longer have to go to downtown Atlanta for extra work if I don't want to. I can do two or three events a week just up the road from me.

Life just keeps getting better.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Trachy, that's great! I'm happy for you :-)

(((Life))), thanks for sharing that with us! I'm sorry about what you are going through. Good that you plan to go to AA meetings. I'm concerned about you and hope you will line up all the supports you possibly can to help you through this. I also hope you will seriously consider rehab for at least a month if not longer.

For me, it took every support I could muster to get and stay sober. It is so totally worth it. I feel soooo much better now and am no longer lying to myself. I can handle stresses so much better. My life is enormously better! It took about 3 months and all the supports I could find before I truly felt like I had a chance of making this last. Now at just over 4 months I know for sure that I never want to go back there. You are worth it!

And yes, I am moving again - to a retirement community. I was on the wait list for a year and took that time to sell my condo and move into an apartment until a spot opened up for me. It happened sooner than expected!
Old 12-11-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifetplant View Post
Stubborn Scots Duff!!!!
Oh yes! And do you know what the scottish terrier nickname is? Braveheart. They jump into a fight and don't quit until it's over. It's your birthright, Life! You Scots are Bravehearts and this is the fight of your life, love. Channel William Wallace if you must, but fight this addiction with all you have!

Ok, corny speech over.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

day 3 here Marchers===giving it my all
Hugs to all of you
babs
Old 12-11-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

(((Babs))) You've got this!! Yay on Day 3!!!
Old 12-11-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Love your post, Trach! Well, not the one about selling the kids The other one. More good news for you on the job front
Old 12-11-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey Babs - good for you! Big hug.

Life, what did they say about the tumor? How is it being treated? I did 7 years of chemo and am in remission.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hey, I'll sell my kids! Whaddya mean, no takers?

I don't do nitrous any more, Duff. I had a wisdom tooth removed about 15 yeas ago and the oral surgeon gave it to me--I felt light and pleasant, and I could see what the uproar was about. At my dentist, therefore (being a drunk), I used to ask for it--but they kept it at 70%--enough to kill pain, but definitely not enough to catch a buzz.

Last year when I had my implant done, the new oral surgeon cranked it way up--and it was VERY unpleasant. I had to garble out, "STOP, STOP!" I told them to turn it down to 70%, and they did, and all was well.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Trach, that's terrific about you not having to drive in the Malfunction Junction!
Old 12-11-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

(((Babs)))