Notices

Class of March 2013 part 35

Old 12-23-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Sass, repeat yourself all you want!! I'll never get tired of hearing about the benefits of the sober life. Ever. And you sound so terrific!

I had a bit of a flashback this morning and did not like it one bit. I had an intense private tennis lesson with lots of cardio -- it was a really hot day and I guess the heat got to me. I had to sit down and my hands were shaking while I was holding my water cup. Did not like it one bit. Made me grateful I don't have withdrawals anymore but the sensation was so similar -- too similar. Just disturbing.

1Day! Yes! Hoping for some good sales after the holidays - it's my only hope of making it out west this season. Good thinking...
Old 12-23-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

We - I've gone all day without congratulating you on 22 MONTHS!!!!
Old 12-23-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Ok, Duff - there are certain things I'd rather say twice than miss altogether. And one of them may be:

WeHav, big congratulations on 22 months!!
Old 12-23-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Budd, who knows - they might have it programmed into SR to not let you post pics - instant deletion!
Nah, I figured it's getting busy here this time of year here, so I'd give the mods a break! Dont want to make them post "rule #9" or have to peer over our shoulders. Let Dee and the rest take care of more needier people!
Old 12-23-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Budd, oh dear, you must be going soft and my stuffy nose is affecting my brain. I started to say in reply: "I'll drink to that" and just before I did it dawned on me what I nearly said! So, no I will not drink to that or anything else, thank you!
Old 12-23-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Oh dear, Ken, I wasn't near so thoughtful and posted a decorous picture of a studly young man in tutu ans stockings, which Dee needed a gentle nugde to remind me & I promptly removed!

Sass I am so glad you are strong in you sobriety, lasting sickness ( especially when we live alone) can have us feeling a little self pity and then AV has an 'in' I am glad you are turning a cold shoulder and a deaf ear, and I truly hope healthwise you turn a corner soon.

BABS lovely to hear from you. Now in your enthusiasm is the time to shore up your defences. Keep happy, keep strong

We, you lead the way my dear, congratulations on 22 months.

North I did pm, but I ought also mention publically I understand your anger. Please don't hide away from the Marchers. We need your gorgeous posts to lighten our dark winters.

Trachy, Life has her own field to plough. I am just happy that you are ploughing yours in such deep straight furrows.

1day, I am sure your daughter could get someone else to care for Seraphina for a week? I know it is lovely to be wanted and trusted, and to feel useful, but it is hugely important to get your own 'down time' . Give it some thought. X

Marcher you are like the energiser bunny!

For anyone suffering the winter blues, or just needs a reason to smile today

http://youtu.be/jR8skttSrqc

Enjoy!!
Old 12-24-2014, 01:39 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi, Babs! Congratulations on your two solid weeks! How excellent that you and your former coworkers are such good buds that you text and keep up with one another!

Hi, 1Day. I really like the character of Doug. I hope he's back next season. I think the writing on that show is absolutely top notch. My favorite moments are when Frank gives a side-eye to the camera!
Old 12-24-2014, 02:00 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Old 12-24-2014, 03:23 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas, Marcher, Venus & Dee!
Old 12-24-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Yes, you guys! Sleep tight!
Old 12-24-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas to all of the wonderful Marchers! ♥
I really love and appreciate all of you.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Oh is it christmas??? Does that mean christmas lasts 2 whole days now??

my antipodean friends, I hope Santa has been kind to you all this year. Xx
Old 12-24-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas everyone!!! It's going to be great being sober for Christmas--My little nephews will be happy that I can play a game and don't have to repeat my self over and over to the family. They do have drinks but, in a responsible manner. I have no desire and just the smell of booze makes me sick. I'm happy for that. I have some self help books that I'm anxious to read. Be safe and Happy--- Marchers I wish you the best Holiday Season ever.
Hugs to all of you. thank you for being you.
Babs
Old 12-24-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

You, too, Babs!
Old 12-24-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas to our dear Aussie friends!

And an early Merry Christmas to the rest of you.

Babs, I'm just tickled to hear you sounding so strong :-). It took me a couple of years but now I'm grabbing hold of sobriety with both hands and all of my heart. Enjoy playing with your nephews

North, I will add my voice to Toots' - i don't blame you at all. Had I been in your shoes I think I would have reacted similarly or worse.

Marcher, nice to see Santa lazing on the beach, lol! I hope you are enjoying the down time!

Thanks, Toots. I'm sure I'll be fine soon. I still feel like sh1te but am seeing small improvements every day. I'm on day 8 and estimated duration of this virus is 7-14 days. So the end is in sight. My sweet kitty is my little "nurse" - snuggling in my lap as often as she can.

This has been quite a momentous year for me! I couldn't have done it without every single one of you.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
I'm done. Just submitted my time sheets for the next week and a half (all holiday pay). I got great feedback from a client yesterday evening on a 15 page report I wrote so no more revisions. Best of all, the partner was on the call, so he heard all the gushing by the client.

So I bought myself an electric tea kettle to keep on my night stand for morning tea. I just wake up, hit the button, and I have boiling water in 60 seconds. I felt like I was always in a rush in a morning, so this makes me take a step back, enjoy my tea, e-cig and SR before I run around like a mad man without enough hours in the day.

The question is, I have plenty of morning tea (english breakfast and earl grey). But I have nothing for the evening. I don't drink caffeine past 5pm so it has to be caffeine free. I don't put any sugar or milk in my tea; I just drink it straight. Any recommendations?
Old 12-24-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

DD, in the evening I sometimes have a cup of decaffeinated spicy chai tea. Glad to hear you now have a break and congrats on the glowing feedback!
Old 12-24-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Toots, not hiding, just caught up in the holiday rush. All is well in the Northland, just exceedingly booked.

We, huge congratulations on 22 months! Outstanding.

Trach, turtles have always been a big part of my world!

Babs, I am overjoyed you are back with us.

Individual shout-outs must wait for later – off to another thing with husband’s family (there are a LOT of them – 9 siblings on his father’s side, 8 on his mother’s, all had a ton of kids who have had a ton of kids).

@ Life: I’ve said what I had to say, and I accept your apology. I do respect you for telling the truth, and facing the consequences, including my anger. I still need a break from you AND I hope you will rejoin the group. My number one new year’s wish is for your sobriety.

Big love to all Marchers!
Old 12-24-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Forgot to add - Merry Christmas everyone!

Old 12-24-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Just want to say Merry Christmas eve and I am getting ready to clean in preparation for hosting Christmas dinner tomorrow.
I am not too stressed, as my children and spouses will be much more focused on the food then the surroundings so should not take all day.

I will check back later if time allows.