Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 19

Old 10-08-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Haha, DG, I remember the days when I drove around with tires from being out of alignment. Yes, Brynner's were my fav brand of tire in college and until I was married.

For those of you wondering what brand of tire a Brynner is, ie: (Toots), think Yul.

Starts with a B and ends with a D...AL joins the two.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Congrats DG! Let's work on two now!

Old 10-08-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations DG

D
Old 10-08-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Where did your "D" go Dee?
Old 10-08-2014, 10:04 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good job DG!
Old 10-08-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

NS - glad you've come to a resolution at work and congratulations on reducing your time for the half marathon.

DG - congratulations on 18 months and great to hear how organised you are.

IWLSAST - Brynner, very good

Just heard a news item on the radio, a farmer in the Alps has put a diaper on a cow because the authorities has said fertilisers including manure shouldn't be put on the alpine meadows. lol.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

^^^

that poor cow! lol
Old 10-09-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Thanks Treerat!

No way...that poor cow. If only it had been TV it would have been an interesting visual!
Old 10-09-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Congratulations DG and Stevie!
Welcome to newcomers!
Grace, I didn't get a chance to say sorry about your little Muffin. It is so so sad when our pets pass on. But I am sure she had a wonderful happy kitty life with you and is playing with all the balls of string in cat heaven.
Congrats on the half marathon time NS. I'm starting to train for a half-marathon too!

Hey everyone guess what I got that internship I interviewed for last week! It's for a rather large international restaurant booking and rating site; I'll be working in the English marketing and social media department, writing content for the sites and also developing a magazine! So excited and relieved because I was beginning to panic, and also to question if it was ever going to happen for me. I was actually looking at housekeeping jobs—nothing wrong with housecleaning but after two years of writing school and moving across the world to write it would have been a bit bitter....I am HAPPY and feel like my career is finally starting in a definite direction after long last. And I'm going to be learning so much about online marketing to use when I'm starting my own magazine. The downside is that it pays next to nothing, just enough to pay my rent really so I'm going to be poor. BUT, I can be poor in Berlin.
Also, the second interview that I had that day was for an unpaid social media internship at an art institute. Well what started out as an interview turned into me doing a photography and creative writing project about the artists-in-residencies. It's a three month project, and I get to own it, name it, and have my own exhibit at the end!
The flat is spectacular. It makes me happy, and I've been running again which always makes my life so much better.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Thanks IP! Hope your training goes well. I need to get back out there to start marathon training but keep saying 'tomorrow' at the moment. Definitely agree re running making life better. Def works for me!

That's great news re the internship. I'm sure it will be a great step and lead on to lots of good things. The other project sounds really interesting too. I'm about to start taking a different direction with my career so love to hear about people doing things they enjoy. Best of luck with everything!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

nightswimming - it's good to see you here!! I do agree that the 'milestones' are not as evident once you are passed the one year mark, but I am starting to look for achievements in other ways and am starting to get there
Old 10-09-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Quick hi y'all!

NS I am working my way up to running 5k ( I did a 5k last year but didn't run it!) so kudos to you!

Steve, 22 months...... I wonder how many calories that is!!! Well don't mate I know it has been a bloody tough ride for you at times, so you have even more reason to be proud of your achievement.

IP so happy for you! That is great!

DG, 1 1/2 years sober, woohoo! I am so proud to have been there for your early days, yours too Drake, it is wonderful to feel even a small part of someone's achievement to watch mighty oaks from little acorns grow!

FG, how are you doing? How is home life? I am coming back to Scotland next week, and as we are not a million miles apart, maybe we could meet for a coffee sometime? X

Hi Andy cows in nappies, whatever next! It's a world gone mad I tells ya!!

Hugs all, must dash, lots to do and never enough time to do it!
Old 10-09-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
Where did your "D" go Dee?
There's a problem with custom avatars right now Drake

D
Old 10-09-2014, 11:10 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

IP - great news about the internships. It sounds like your life is on the up.

Toots - you are busy busy busy, remember to look after you.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:05 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Thanks feeling-good, glad to hear things are going well for you There are definitely lots of good things for me to focus on going forward. It's great (and a hell of a lot easier!) to be doing all that with my sobriety by my side!
Old 10-10-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Treerat66 View Post
Good morning Overs.

Toots - you are busy busy busy, remember to look after you.
Thanks Andy. I have a lot to do and plan over the next few months before we move back across here, so yes, I do need to make sure I keep fit and well!
I am dreading seeing our garden, it is difficult to manage at the best of times, but it hasn't been touched for about a year now! Are you sure you don't fancy a free holiday to Scotland???? Just pack your wellies!
Old 10-10-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hi Overs.

I'm looking forward to a good day here. I just have a few work things to do and then going to yoga class tonight. Then this weekend, I am getting ready to leave on a business trip on Monday. The nice thing about having planned ahead for the trip is that things will be less stresful the next few days than otherwise. I already have everything done on my car so it is ready for a long trip.

Last night, I hit an AA meeting. There are very few meetings in my town, but this one is close to my house, so I guess I'll deem it my home group. It's a very small meeting, but that's OK. I think it's good for me to go since my social life is still kind of limited.

I plan to start saving some money so I can move. I am tired of living in this town- there aren't many opportunities and while I moved here for college, it was never my desire to spend the rest of my life here. And I finished school more than 5 years ago. When I was drinking and smoking weed, I couldn't imagine wanting to deal with the hassle of moving and I never had the money for it. Now, I can break it down into manageable steps starting with saving up for a new place or a down payment on a new place and moving_expenses. This is the largest goal I've set myself on for a really long time.

It feels good to have a long-term goal, but I know I still have to face life one day at a time.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
instant

Good Morning everyone around the world. I'm sitting here at 8am on Saturday morning with a cup of tea. Spring is definitely here now- I used to get more ideas about drinking at this time, as people are more out and about, and there is a sense of expectation in the air.

I am now riding to work regularly and I really like it- I have bought some appropriate gear.

I now have a sense of this being "my" life and I accept that I am on my own journey and others are on their own. Any way no big dramas about wanting to drink- more focused on getting new things in for the garden.

love your work
Old 10-11-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Instant, I so hear you on 'this is now my life' once I grew into that understanding I began to feel a sense of contentment with my lot.

DG enjoy the yoga and I hope your business trip goes well. Do you know where you would like to move to?

I am going to have a workout and swim shortly. I am so glad I joined the gym here, it has given me the impetus to bring my fitness up to the next level. I am now able to jog for 2 miles in one session and hope to work up to 3 by next weekend. That will have me able to run 5k which I will then do as many times a week as I am able weather wise. It also gives me a break from the thoughts of all I have ahead of me on my return home!

Happy sober weekend my Over friends
Old 10-11-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Well, all is right with the world... D has his "D" back.

Busy weekend. I led my first ever 12 step meeting with my SCA group. The nice weather kept the number down, but that was fine. I am pretty quiet in the meetings, I share but I am not real vocal or get into any controversy. I think they were surprised that I could run a meeting, had a topic, was prepared and kept it all going. I was a trainer for a long time so speaking in front of groups or being in charge of a group is nothing new.

Lunch with a friend and then some errands. Perfect Pug weather so HRH Olive went for a long mosey through her realm.

Tomorrow I am participating in a Choral Evensong at 6 and have some practicing to do. Been fun, not done one of those in ages.

All from here Overs, good to check in with you all and hope you have a good rest of the weekend!