Notices

Class of September 2014 part 2

Old 09-16-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

deanyya - 9 days is great, you can do this!
Old 09-16-2014, 11:34 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Thanks NYC. Life is really complicated right now. Just need some space and me time. Anyone else feel that way? I understand we have loved ones that want to be there but damn give me some room to breathe.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:43 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

There are definitely times where it is nice to have space and time to yourself. I usually feel that way when if I overscheduled my week. Maybe you should plan a relaxing day for you. When I feel life is being complicated, I feel walking in the park helps to sort my thoughts out.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:18 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Good morning class, I'm into my second sober day...had a NO night sleep but it feels good to start the day sober.

Dee thanks for the link.

Hope to make lot of new friends here.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:22 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome fifth - this is a good group
Old 09-17-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Haven't posted in a few days, but still here. Day 22. I isolate from everyone and everything. Struggling with the emotional ups and downs, and really trying hard not to be so angry. This is were I caved last time, so I really need to work through this.

Welcome to all of the newcomers! This is really a great class full of wonderful people!

Congrats to all who are hanging in there and feeling better with each day. Give yourself a pat on the back. It's definitely not easy.

A reminder to those who continue to relapse... I know, I have done it so many times...it really does get worse each time. I never wanted to believe that, but can honestly say after this last time.....it really does get worse with each relapse. I never want to go back there again. I also don't think my body or my mind could handle it one more time.

Continue the fight everyone and have a great day!
Old 09-17-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
nmd

Deanya you *can* ride it out, and will feel better when you do. We're all here for you.

Yesterday was better for me, though still on edge and my heart racing at times. I woke up feeling normal again this morning thank goodness. Over time my hangovers have been slowly becoming withdrawal, a bad sign. Sunday was pretty bad drinking wise, luckily I passed out before 8 before it got worse. Today is day 3. My 40th birthday is coming up in two months, I need to make sure I celebrate it on my terms. I'm a little nervous of anyone planning something.

Thisibelieve, welcome back!
Old 09-17-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
nmd

Glad you are still sticking out luper!
Old 09-17-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Officially day one for me. Yesterday doesn't count as I was still poisoning myself up til about 4/4.30 am.
So much to do this week and I've ripped the confidence out of myself.
It's going to be a long rebuilding process!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
On my way....

Howdy all! Checking in briefly on day 17 here, getting ready for work, be back later! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-17-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pretend3r View Post
Avice, you're awesome for taking the time to respond individually to all of us! Checking in here, day 10 I think. Gotta run, we are having lemon sugar cookie ice cream cones! Later tonight I'll log back in and read your posts to "catch up" on my class mates . Hang in and stay strong!
Ditto.....Thanks Avice!!
Old 09-17-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Hello classmates.

Today i'm celebrating 3 weeks of sobriety. I couldn't have done it without support/encouragement. So i'm grateful to be part of this class.

Thank you all. And let's continue on the right path!
Old 09-17-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Good morning class!

Great comments to read this morning. Thanks for sharing!

I'm checking in on day (23).

I've been very forgetful lately. I have mentioned before that alcohol is very stimulating for me. And every time around the (3) week mark my sweets cravings kick in.

I guess I need to start drinking coffee again.

Let's see, what else? I guess that's it for now comrades.

Bless, and Stay Strong Septemberites.....
Old 09-17-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Welcome ancient! You are here now and you can do this!

Thanks Avice!

Everyone have a great day! Day 17 here... Grateful for all of you guys!

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
Old 09-17-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Checking in along with everyone else. So great to read the inspiring posts. On Day Three here. Starting to feel better. Yesterday my head was so stuffed up. Not sure if that is alcohol withdraw or what, seems to happen every time I get to Day Two.

Glad to be part of the class. We can make it through today! Everyone have a good day and stay sober!
Old 09-17-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Woke up in the night. Was honestly thirsty (for water). No headache - wine smell - sense of guilt. Got water and went back to bed. So this is how "normal" people pass the night! For a long time I guess I thought you were supposed to have a headache and anxiety from 2-4 AM
Old 09-17-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AncientMariner View Post
Officially day one for me. Yesterday doesn't count as I was still poisoning myself up til about 4/4.30 am.
So much to do this week and I've ripped the confidence out of myself.
It's going to be a long rebuilding process!!!!!!
Welcome AncientMariner.

Let's get that confidence back AM.

Don't look for the mountain's peak just yet, just start at the bottom. We all have to start there. I'm guessing you've done the rebuilding process before, because you seem to know what's ahead of you?

Personally, that is also my biggest struggle....running out of patients because I've already been through this route and I'm not much for repetition, with the exception of drinking everyday. There's a paradox for ya. But eventually that even gets old for me, which is why I'm here!
Old 09-17-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Day 5

Hi everyone, and welcome to the newcomers!

Things I'm grateful for today: I have washed my face and brushed my teeth every night since getting sober (never did before because I stumbled to bed or passed out on the couch). Every morning when I woke up after drinking, I would be racked by guilt and promise myself not to do it again that night. And then night would come, or afternoon, and I would just want relief. It is so wonderful to wake up without that guilt and self-hatred. I had so much energy at 6 a.m. even after going to bed late! Plus in only 5 days, I find I have SO much free time. Used to end my day at 4 or 5 p.m. and fall into the wine, whiskey, beer, whatever. Yesterday I took care of lots of things I've been avoiding, like going to the bank and finally taking my car to get fixed. Is this how normal people live? I feel like I can get so much more done!

I finally went to see a counsellor yesterday. Unfortunately, the free place only offers one session, but she pointed me towards some other resources. Just being able to tell someone honestly what the last two years were like was such a relief. I am so full of shame, and no one knows the extent of what happened with my family or how much I actually drank. She was very common-sensical, even about AA, which I didn't expect. I thought she would push me towards it as others have, but she said to keep doing what I'm doing, which is SR and getting physically healthy, but I really needed long-term counselling for the issues I raised. I'm so proud of myself for going; I've avoided counselling even though my mom died in February and I went into a horrible depression. My counsellor was alcohol, I guess She also said what every counsellor has ever said to me after only one session: I am really hard on myself and need to show myself a little compassion. Easier said than done!

Sorry for the long post, but writing really helps me solidify my resolve not to drink for another day.

Good luck, all!
Old 09-17-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Oh and naturally, you're ID made me think of the "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner".

Hear the rhyme of the Ancient Mariner, see his eye as he stops one of three....Mesmerizes one of the wedding guests...wait here and listen to nightmare of the sea.....

I still know all of words....

My wife, an English teacher now, was thoroughly amazed that I knew this poem when we first met (probably because I was a stoner). Then I told her I only knew it because Iron Maiden made a song (a favorite) from it....wah, wahh, wahhh....
Old 09-17-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Day 5. Though I don't have much time to post this morning, I just wanted to check in and hold myself accountable and thank everyone for their helpful posts and encouragement.