Notices

Class of September 2014 part 2

Old 09-16-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
nmd

Originally Posted by youngconfused View Post
Wanting to take something trying to be strong!!
Hey y&c- think how good you will feel if you get past the feeling and you stood strong?
Old 09-16-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
One day at a time

This is very true I don't want to turn back now
Old 09-16-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Day 4

Good morning, everyone! Alynn, thanks for the support and I DID wake up feeling better. Today I am supposed to work from home, but I've decided I will got to the free counseling place first. To answer NSI, my husband knows, but he is a heavy drinker (who doesn't black out and get mean like me), and I think he will greatly miss his drinking partner. But he is trying to be supportive, and I will talk to him today about the invitation (he thought I could go and just drink soda--ha!)

Neverthought--Jack Daniels never said he wouldn't help. LOL! Congrats on Day 22.

gnarlyboots, glad my craziness helped someone else I was actually nervous about posting since I was in such a bad place. Gonna try to keep staying honest, though.

Welcome youngandconfused! You'll find help here. Since I'm new too (well, returning), I have to take it minute by minute sometimes. Drinking non-alcoholic beverages constantly helps as does finding something to distract me from those cravings, like reading SR. Like nmd said, the feelings pass if you just hang on--even though when you're in them it seems like the only solution is to drink.

To everyone else here, thanks for all your comments and hope today is another sober one.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

I am amazed reading all your post here. Some are really interesting and worth emulating. Its my first time to post here so its my first day, what we usually feel during day 1 is that we are nervous. But let just say I'm old enough for stuffs like that. hehe. And also, I joined here for issues on substance abuse, please check my site riseuprecovery.com. I hope to read valuable post here. Thank you all guys!
Old 09-16-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Welcome young and sobrio, glad your here!

Day 16.....feeling good.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Welcome Freddyz to the site. Great that you are here.

It is a wonderful, sober, sunny day as I journey through today on Day Two. Made it ONE day, so good for me and everyone else who has made one more day also.

Love reading everyone's posts. So glad I found this site!

Old 09-16-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Cecilia44, SobrioVida, youngconfused, Freddyz. Welcome!

peace2uuu. Yay for Day 12. That's where I am too. I'm feeling OK. No headaches yesterday - slept right through the night.

Neverthought. Three weeks - coming up on a month now...you're sound like you're getting stronger. I've also had terrible problems with anxiety and was furious at myself for not being able to quit when I knew that drinking was making it 10 times worse. Ugh.

jazzfish. I feel your frustration. Thanks for your post - you reminded me about how awful it is to wake up before midnight. Done that many times. I would also sometimes get almost audible rushes in my head when I was trying to fall asleep again. It felt like some sort of lightning bolt rushing through my body every couple of minutes or so. I also remember waking up with a tingling sensation in my fingers...a couple times my hands went almost completely numb and stayed that way all day. I don't know what that was all about, but it was alarming. I also understand the self hatred thing...I felt that so intensely. Good for you for reaching out to someone. Please try not to beat yourself up too much - we've all been there.

nmd. Don't give up and please keep us updated. I have a couple people in my life who are also cautiously supportive. I don't blame them for doubting my word, though. Actions speak louder than words.

Findingtheway. We all have to do whatever it takes to make this work - I'm glad you found something to keep you on track.

TryingInTexas. Ugh. Cheap wine is the worst. Congrats on Day 9.

Alynn. I've been pretty isolated myself and your post inspired me to finally get in touch with an old friend, so thank you. More about that at the bottom of my post.

NotSoIvory. Not wanting to get out of bed is normal on Day 3. I could barely move for a while. I only stopped napping a few days ago and I'm on Day 12. Just don't be too hard on yourself and rest whenever you can.

deanyya. I need to correct you for a minute (and quote you).
Originally Posted by deanyya View Post
Just been feeling kinda down lately when I should be feeling all kinds of happiness.
There's absolutely nothing you should be feeling. Sobriety has already been full of a huge range of emotions, including crushing depression. It passes. No emotion is forever.

Pretend3r. That sounds like a really rough situation. I couldn't imagine having to deal with a child on top of everything else you're going through...but if it helps, I can tell you that if my parents had chosen to quit drinking we would have had a completely different relationship. I look back on my childhood and I just see misery. Sobriety is the best gift you could give your kid, and it'll last forever.

ForwardMotion. You're sounding great too. Your joie de vivre is returning!

safeandsound. Good choice to stay away from the bar. I'm not going anywhere near one for a very long time. Hope it goes well with your husband...keep us posted.

ANewDayNYC. Yay for Day 3 - very glad you didn't give up.

gnarlyboots.
Originally Posted by gnarlyboots View Post
It’s appreciated that you recognise that while life as tiger wearing a checkered shirt is usually a riot, emotions can truly be a hard one to face up to sometimes eh.
The way you worded that really made me laugh. I hear you re: the impending sense of doom. In my head, I knew it was anxiety, but in my heart I knew that something terrible was going to happen that would cause me to lose everything I have. That feeling has diminished a lot now, but yeah - it is pretty horrible.

bellaboos. Did you really wake up screaming? Rough. I've never had that happen to me.

So - I decided to get in touch with an old friend today. I had told her that we would make plans together...two months ago. I simply told her what had been going on with me. She has four kids - I told her that I didn't want to be over at her house hammered out of my mind...I have been totally out of control over the past few months and I didn't want anyone to see it. I felt OK telling her straight out because she's had problems with addiction herself in the distant past. They were very serious problems indeed, so I know she'll understand. I felt a bit weepy after emailing her. I don't know why. It wasn't a bad thing, though.

On another subject, since I stopped drinking, a lot of money seems to be coming my way. I sold a vehicle that I've been trying to sell for ages, I got 4 contract jobs, and...get this....I bought a pair of sunglasses at a garage sale for $10. Vintage Chanel. List price on ebay? $250. I feel fabulous that NOT ONE CENT was wasted on alcohol. It's mine and it's there to help me - I don't have to give it to my addiction. Groovy.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

I sometimes get irritated at myself, and co-workers, for wasting time -- running down rabbit trails, not focusing on the key issues, etc. These days I've been thinking -- is there a bigger waste of time than thinking about how to hide empties? "Oh, if I put this empty bottle here, maybe nobody will notice it until trash pickup day!" I wish I could send my AV an invoice for time spent on that most useless of topics.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

image-545947780.jpg
Old 09-16-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

image-1469233692.jpg

Hope you are finding your strength friends!
Old 09-16-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

image-2363498614.jpg

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
Old 09-16-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

I'll play. Day 9 of no opiates.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Day 3 for me of no drinking. I've been on here off and on since April with my longest stretch going over two months, but it's been a hard few weeks. Looking for a fresh start and heading to a meeting tonight.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Avice, you're awesome for taking the time to respond individually to all of us! Checking in here, day 10 I think. Gotta run, we are having lemon sugar cookie ice cream cones! Later tonight I'll log back in and read your posts to "catch up" on my class mates . Hang in and stay strong!
Old 09-16-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a good day! I'm closing out Day 4 already - seems so fast! Time flies when you're feeling good. Good night all!
Old 09-16-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! Day 36 and I am feeling upbeat! Today's workout really did me in so I am calling it a night early.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I'm crawling back with a full day of sobriety after a tough weekend. I'm here because I want to be here, I want to be sober. I'll spend a bit of time tonight catching up on everyone's posts, but I just wanted to say that I'm here!!

The thought of drinking did cross my mind tonight when I got out of work, but I played through the tape in my head of what would happen if i did- and it wasn't pretty.

I walked home from work in the cool fall air, which took a little while and helped to lessen some of the anxiety. Ate some fruit and a healthy dinner, followed by a piece of raspberry peach pie topped with some frozen yogurt, nice little treat.

I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow without a hangover. One step at a time right?
Old 09-16-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Freddyz

D
Old 09-16-2014, 09:17 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is having a good day - just checking in Day 4. Also, I liked the inspirational messages Alynn.

Also, congratulations to safeandsound and DancingDiva on Day 4, Audioaddict on Day 9, SuperMega on Day 36, rockstonic on Day 3, and Pretend3r on Day 10 and all the other recent milestones!

And I also want to welcome to Cecelia and Freddyz for joining us!
Old 09-16-2014, 11:05 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Just checking in here. Day 9. Barely staying sober. Why do I feel so down?