Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 4

Old 08-31-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Great posts, great energy folks!

As the "Class of September 2014" begins to form, and the class is no longer 'new' lets embrace the culture which has developed and commit to supporting one another with passion, purpose, and unconditional acceptance.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hello everyone.

Just finished my first official day sober 8/31 (or will in 1/2 hour).... feeling okay, not sure if things have set in for me yet. Rewarded myself with a large coffee after work (wayyy cheaper than my normal after work "reward") Have to start getting back into meetings, hope to go to one or two tomorrow as I try and maintain sobriety this time around. Glad to have found this site and I hope to be a regular poster here
Old 08-31-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Sc, loads of support here for everyone!
Old 08-31-2014, 10:46 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

i messed up. but stopped b4 a binge. I'm good. u guys are all so amazing! new day tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:10 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Well done for stopping before it turned into a binge CutenGay!
We all make mistakes sometimes, at least you were able to stop - and you're right, a new day tomorrow!

Take care all, and HAPPY MONDAY!!!

Bad night's sleep last night, only got about 4 hours as I had really bad palpitations and a panic attack. I also had a song so stuck in my head it kept waking me up ._. At least it was a good song though!
Old 09-01-2014, 12:03 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hey all

Glad you got right back CutenGay - stick with us, tomorrow is a new day.

I have a huge week at work this week, so sitting at home making a plan for the day before I head off. A day at a time I will make it.

Have a great day all.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:10 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Cute

D
Old 09-01-2014, 12:14 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

i won't leave this group. i love y'all sorry for messing up a night. glad it didn't turn into 5 nights as usual
Old 09-01-2014, 12:34 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
i won't leave this group. i love y'all sorry for messing up a night. glad it didn't turn into 5 nights as usual
You are not allowed to leave. You have the patent on #TeamAugust !!

Don't be sorry for a mess up. You are straight back and that's the main thing. Maybe have a look at what caused it all how you can learn from that? I have had to learn from several slips you are not alone. You already caught it before it turned into a major binge so already something has clicked for you - you have the power and that's something to be proud of!
Old 09-01-2014, 12:43 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

8/29/14. Just joined the forum this evening! Enjoying reading this thread. Thought I'd say hello to my classmates!
Old 09-01-2014, 01:16 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Welcome Pink. Hi sc277 and 4llison

Ok caught up with everyone's posts. We are a big clas. There must be twenty of us??? More??

Choobie: planning things to do is important. I am focused on my fitness at the moment so most of my evenings will be filled with workouts. I am also up and down at times although I have a lot more ups than downs these days. It will take time to settle I reckon.
But isn't it liberating to be able to plan things? I never could when I drank. I was jailed it my drinking timetable!

Brach: Well done for day 4. For people like us, every day is like a year!!!

Sober808: thanks for the reminder. It will help me to cope with today's AV

Rah and Cutengay : good that you both came back and posted. Start again . Just never give up.

1ststep:congrats on TWO weeks! How long have you split up with your ex? Why did it end. I understand if you don't want to answer these questions. Just interested because my ex acted very similar to yours. I also used him as a trigger to get drunk every night but we both know that the alcohol just fuels our helpless and insecurities.

Doingsomething: congrats on two weeks! I will be two weeks in two days. Can't wait!

Dingodog: kids are more perceptive than you think. My ten year old son made a comment to me that made me feel ashamed. He looked at me annoyed one night and said" Why do you always drink wine? ". I thought I was acting normal in front of him. I thought he wouldn't notice :-/

Lulu: fantastic achievement!! Fantastic. You and I are also following a low carb diet. We are in this together

Sthlondon: oh wow! A whole month!!! Well done you!!!!

Grace: I won't be moving from this class. I have gotten to know most of your guys and I hope to carry on doing so fir a very long time

Zozo: sorry to hear about your panic attack. I suffer from them too. What do you think triggered it?
Old 09-01-2014, 01:36 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Knb02 and Lulu: I'm also going to be joining y'all in dieting soon! I gained 30 lbs. in jail! I was kind of hoping all those extra commisary calories weren't going to actually count in real life!
Turns out, they do!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm still getting used to this and all but do people get on chat regularly? I've logged in a couple times and haven't seen anyone.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:39 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome 4llison

There's a problem for some users with chat right now...we're trying to fix it

D
Old 09-01-2014, 01:52 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome 4llison There's a problem for some users with chat right now...we're trying to fix it D
Awesome! I will keep checking! I appreciate the warm welcome I've gotten!
Old 09-01-2014, 01:58 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Gosh. I feel exhausted today. I don't know why.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:06 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Good Morning all!

Great to see you back Cute! And welcome 4llison!

Hi Knb, me and ex met 7 years ago, Id just got back from a long holiday to USA and we met in a pub the day I got back (No surprises there!), it was a strained relationship from the start to be honest, if anything she was out drinking more than me at that point. Id often arrange to have a meal with her but after working all day Id be on the way home to get ready for the date but Id see her drunk out with her friends and in no state to go for a meal, I hadn't lost much to the drink at that point and had a pretty good life but it alcoholism was in me then- I just functioned better. I think I could see the pain and hurt in her eyes despite the drunken bravado and I could see myself in her and in a way wanted to 'save' her. My friends and boss in work were amazed and tried to make me get out of it but they didn't understand the empathy I had towards her.

She told me she was unable to get pregnant because of an implant, but after 3weeks of being together she was pregnant- I was naïve. I was scared mostly in case she didn't stop drinking, and the fear stupidly made my drinking escalate. She managed to cut down to her credit but she still treated me terribly especially putting me down in front of her drinking family members.

I was in a predicament, I knew it wasn't a healthy relationship but I wanted to stand by her for the sake of my child and I did. I started drinking in work to escape the situation and she would throw me out if she thought Id had a drink. I was punched in my lip by her uncle when I was drunk in a pub at this point, after my eldest was born I was punched again in the other lip by another family associate- I needed plastic surgery for these assaults later. Again my bosses in work were concerned but by this point I couldn't see a way out.

There's a lot more to the story but essentially I escaped into a bottle and when trying to stop it would be hard, my friend around this time split up with his wife drank himself off work and spiralled, in 6months he'd lost his job, his wife, his money everything through alcohol- he hung himself 1 week before my second daughter was born and it hit me hard- it was at this point I went to AA for first time- his death shocked me and I could see I was heading the same way.

We split a few months after this but, she called me everyday in work and talked as if we were still together- one year later my work which I loved was closed and me and everyone of my workmates lost our jobs- since then my drinking got worse, I got a good pay off and could still provide for my kids, got another job which I hated and my drinking resulted in me not turning up one day and embarking on a 3month bender- I think looking back I had a some sort of breakdown at that point but the drink numbed it.

So since then Ive been trying to stop and that brings me to today............................
Old 09-01-2014, 02:45 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Good Morning all!

Great to see you back Cute! And welcome 4llison!

Hi Knb, me and ex met 7 years ago, Id just got back from a long holiday to USA and we met in a pub the day I got back (No surprises there!), it was a strained relationship from the start to be honest, if anything she was out drinking more than me at that point. Id often arrange to have a meal with her but after working all day Id be on the way home to get ready for the date but Id see her drunk out with her friends and in no state to go for a meal, I hadn't lost much to the drink at that point and had a pretty good life but it alcoholism was in me then- I just functioned better. I think I could see the pain and hurt in her eyes despite the drunken bravado and I could see myself in her and in a way wanted to 'save' her. My friends and boss in work were amazed and tried to make me get out of it but they didn't understand the empathy I had towards her.

She told me she was unable to get pregnant because of an implant, but after 3weeks of being together she was pregnant- I was naïve. I was scared mostly in case she didn't stop drinking, and the fear stupidly made my drinking escalate. She managed to cut down to her credit but she still treated me terribly especially putting me down in front of her drinking family members.

I was in a predicament, I knew it wasn't a healthy relationship but I wanted to stand by her for the sake of my child and I did. I started drinking in work to escape the situation and she would throw me out if she thought Id had a drink. I was punched in my lip by her uncle when I was drunk in a pub at this point, after my eldest was born I was punched again in the other lip by another family associate- I needed plastic surgery for these assaults later. Again my bosses in work were concerned but by this point I couldn't see a way out.

There's a lot more to the story but essentially I escaped into a bottle and when trying to stop it would be hard, my friend around this time split up with his wife drank himself off work and spiralled, in 6months he'd lost his job, his wife, his money everything through alcohol- he hung himself 1 week before my second daughter was born and it hit me hard- it was at this point I went to AA for first time- his death shocked me and I could see I was heading the same way.

We split a few months after this but, she called me everyday in work and talked as if we were still together- one year later my work which I loved was closed and me and everyone of my workmates lost our jobs- since then my drinking got worse, I got a good pay off and could still provide for my kids, got another job which I hated and my drinking resulted in me not turning up one day and embarking on a 3month bender- I think looking back I had a some sort of breakdown at that point but the drink numbed it.

So since then Ive been trying to stop and that brings me to today............................
Sounds like it's still unfinished business with your ex but you can only make clear decisions by staying sober. As hard as that is.

my ex dumped me last year and I went on a two month binge. I tried to sober up in January this year but he asked me back out and then dumped me a week later. So I drank again for a month, then he came back into my life ..then dump me again. This happened five times this year. God. It was a toxic mess.

The drink turned me into a hapless, hopeless, desperate and needy human being. It stopped me from making the positive changes i needed to do. I became his doormat. I turned pathetic. I created more drama than necessary. The thoughts that were in my head frightened me. I hated life. I hated living. And I blamed all of this on my ex because he left me.

But no more. Being sober is giving me my power back. I see happiness comes from within.

Stay strong because it's so worth it
Old 09-01-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

good morning team. it's almost 5 am here in texas. woke up a little before 4. great to sleep in and enjoy the holiday from work huh?
Old 09-01-2014, 03:11 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Wow Ladies, your relationships sound really familiar. I can't get into that later but I honestly have to put the brightly colored screen down for a bit.

Going to make some Chicken Florentine! At 6 a.m. in Indiana. I hope I get to sleep sometime soon! Hope everyone is having a great sober day!
Old 09-01-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Got a day off today so I have been cleaning the house. Just drank a non alcoholic Bloody Mary.
Addicted to it! Gonna go for a run this afternoon. Feeling peaceful