Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 4

Old 08-31-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Opps try again :firewrks2:
Old 08-31-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

good morning class, great to see everyone today. So proud of us all. We are halfway through the weekend guys, we are rocking it! Great job all.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Whew, finally got it right! Yeah. Gotta say I love the smilies selection.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Dingo - I can't believe I didn't think about using the fireworks pic!

I read somewhere on here....the longer you stick around SR, the better the emoticon/smily choices get...!!

Old 08-31-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Dingo - I can't believe I didn't think about using the fireworks pic!

I read somewhere on here....the longer you stick around SR, the better the emoticon/smily choices get...!!

Really? Didnt know that. Way to go yesterday! You did awesome.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Any Calvin and Hobbes fans? I came across this final story on Facebook. I will admit I teared up. My mom sobbed.

The Final Calvin and Hobbes Story? - DigitalHullabalooDigitalHullabaloo
Old 08-31-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

That's sad applekat.

I'm tired. 4 hours of sleep and I showed up to work an hour earlier than I needed to.
Hey, at least I'm not hung over.

I'm going to be really proud of myself when I get out of these early stages. I'm a little scared, history proves that I screw up at a month or two and resume drinking regularly. I just want to make it, ya know?

After work I'm going to eat and nap and log on to SR and veg out in front of the TV. I will not drink today.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

You got this blackbird, we are here to get you over that feeling good hurdle. I have made that mistake too many times too.

I have two thick Calvin and hobs books, love them!

Just ran, off to blend kale shake. Keep the head high today guys!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hello class august. Loved all your posts.

I went to the pub last night with my drinking buddy. She ordered a bottle of wine and I ordered diet coke. We were clearly not on the same page by the end of the night but I still had a really good time listening to the music. Seeing her drunk( as well as half the crowd in the pub ) made me feel SOOOOO PROUD of my self!

I woke up this morning feeling fresh and decided to go for a jog in the park.

I wouldn't change my life right now, I am living it as I should be. I am so grateful to be sober. So grateful
Old 08-31-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Forabetterkife: I am also 43. Four miles is a heck of a long distance! Kudos to you!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Pls my drinking buddy commented on my appearance last night. She said I was glowing! She has never seen me looking so bright and happy.

That's how I feel folks! I was so depressed when I drank. That's gone!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I agree BBF. Can't wait to get past 30 days to start. Not that I made it that far before.

Knb well done!! I really love my diet coke when I'm somewhere where people are drinking.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Knb, you go!!! Awesome!!!! Attitude of gratitude today kids, feel it and share it! Love and hugs all.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

AppleKat and KNB...yeah ...that's how we do it on Team August...uh huh! So happy to read the happy, regret-free posts from each of you this morning.

Today is 3 weeks for me. I was reflecting last night on how I have really made some huge changes in my daily routine and perspective. I know it is still early days in recovery however today I feel really optimistic.

Grateful to be sober. I am protecting myself by not going out to fancy restaurants or pubs. I also have no alcohol in the home. I would not be able to succeed if it was that close to me. I am enjoying my sober cocoon for now.

Today I plan to work for a couple hours then enjoy a long bike ride, picnic by the beach and then reading. Just got some new books.

Go team go!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in on day 8---feeling really good and getting back to feeling less anxious again. Been very busy with life, and busy contemplating where things went wrong and how to do them differently. I do feel that my mind is healing, and that the "connections" are getting back to normal. Can't stand the feeling of being sluggish or agitated, so this is very good.

This holiday weekend is not a trigger for me, as I have realized that all occasions are equal excuses...will continue on with a steadfast resolve.

Looks like you guys are doing really well, and I'm happy to see that.

Best to everyone today!!

MV
Old 08-31-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good hearing from you Mvngon. I totally agree with you about all occasions being excuses to drink. I thought that way for so many years. And it never changed a dang thing by picking up. I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well. I'm approaching 1 week soon. Again. Big congrats on your sober time!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Grateful, 3 weeks already?
Great job.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Morning all! I think we're making this thread the hottest across the board, so hard to catch up on all the posts! And so grateful to see so many sharing, and leaning on each other for support!

To all the "newbies and lurkers" don't let the speed here intimidate you, jump in and comment whenever you want, no need to comment on everyone, heck, if I tried to do that, I'd have to take a week vacation to have enough time!

Ginger77, where did you go? Hope all is well!

Myyyrah, I have followed your posts and struggles for a long time. Maybe the needle in the arm was the experience you needed to kick start your determination....way to go on 4 days!

Lostgirll, why so sad? There is a desk here for you with your name on it! Just come to class as often as you can....would love to see an August date in your profile as a sobriety date!

As most of you know, I don't post or comment often.....still working on the kinder, gentler, sober me, it's going to take some time getting used to lol. But I read SR every morning with my morning coffee, letting the posts "sink in" helping me to face and get through another day!

So, to all my new friends, lets have a relaxing sober Sunday, and remember the old Apache saying, "we all take separate paths to get to the same destination", just don't stray off your path!!

Old 08-31-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

So many success stories! I love it I walked my dog and just spent the past hour weeding and other yard work in the heat and humidity. Had I drank last night, I would have been slowly making my way through the Mornjng, planning what time I will start drinking again today. Not sure about you guys but when at the moment that I am fighting a craving, I am NOT happy about my decision to stay sober. In fact, I'm MAD and resentful. That lasts about an hour or so and back to being proud and calm. Just thought is throw that out there, wondering if it's just me.
Sober feels really, really good today. I'm down a few pounds too. Yay!
Just keep reminding yourself that the more time we have from our last drink, the easier it gets.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, firstly well done AppleKat and Knb on getting through your party and Lionel Ritchie tribute night sober. You both did us proud!

Well done also to everyone who are getting through cravings this weekend.

Had to change my plans this morning which I hate doing especially this early in recovery- nothing major, was going to get a lift with a friend to the early morning meeting but he couldn't make it so had to get bus and then to make the most of the dry weather was going to work in the afternoon but that's been postponed again until a day in the week now, at least these plans were changed because of circumstances on their part and not mine like being too hung over to go/work.

Went to meeting and it was a powerful hard hitting one which hit home so glad I went, met with sponsor afterwards and had an hour chat with him reaffirming step one and seeing where I go from here. For some reason I struggled after but got through about two hours craving and made it back home sober.

Not feeling too great physically today- stomach problems which gets me down and got a few decisions to make work wise that need to be made and emotionally feeling lonely- seeing loads of couples hand in hand happily strolling along made me envious I must admit. One of those 'just get through it days' but determined to do it and glad I didn't give in to temptation now.