Class of April 2014 Part 14

Old 08-04-2014, 09:44 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that's 6 weeks Rocks - congrats

D
Old 08-04-2014, 09:47 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

It IS almost six weeks isn't it? I'm not so great at math, haha.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

6 weeks is fantastic Rocks That is great Rocks that you are thinking about what you need to do and hope/pray he figures his stuff out. That would be a really tough situation to go home to early in your sobriety Rocks but just stay in the moment there & keep doing what your doing!!

I am so tired, I am going to say Goodnight All....it is 10:30 & I have been on the run since 7am. Another busy one tomorrow
Old 08-04-2014, 11:07 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Rocks, wow, you're flying now!

Sleep well Mariah, hope you wake up refreshed and ready for another busy day tomorrow.

Adna, have a safe journey home after your travels.

I'm going to be in the car quite a bit today, so I'll be listening to some uplifting radio or audio books. I remember a quote from somewhere (might have been Jim Rohm) "stand guard at the gates of your mind"

I take this very seriously, I try not to let anything in to my mind that I don't want there. For me this means no horror books, or unpleasant tv programmes, or even spending time with certain people. Instead it's engaging in as much positive, life enhancing activities as possible (e.g. SR, audio books, spiritual books, and being with people who encourage not discourage me).

It's takes a bit of effort but I'm sure it's helping to reprogramme my mind to become more positive and joyful.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:25 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey everyone I'm coming up on a month. July 6 was the last time I drank. The last time I got drunk was July 4th, so I haven't been drunk in over a month My husband is only a few days behind me. Our recycle bin is full of sparkling water bottles. 3 parts sparkling water to one part cranberry juice is amazing to me. I truly believe it helps. I always drink it out of a wine glass too. I got my hair done Fri. All over color with highlights and a cut. No crazy colors, just went a little lighter.. But it took a really long time of course, like 3 hours. Just like the social event last week, I normally would've gone home and enjoyed some alcoholic beverages. Going to the salon is not something I enjoy. In fact, I dread it. Social anxiety at its finest! I called my friend on my way home and we talked about triggers.

I was EXTREMELY irritable today . And I guess kind of depressed. Or maybe really depressed. I don't know, maybe anxiety. I try not to be too hard on myself for not feeling so great mentally. It's only been a couple months since my mom passed. There's a whole lot of guilt and regret and disbelief inside of me. It is good that alcohol is not added to the mix.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm going to be in the car quite a bit today, so I'll be listening to some uplifting radio or audio books. I remember a quote from somewhere (might have been Jim Rohm) "stand guard at the gates of your mind"

I like that Freein
Old 08-04-2014, 11:31 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (62.8 KB, 57 views)
Old 08-04-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

so true solil - congrats on your upcoming month

Have a good day freein...night Mariah

D
Old 08-05-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Good morning fools! Thinking of you all today!
Old 08-05-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Free- love your thoughts on keeping it positive. I think those kinds of things def make a difference.

Mariah- I agree w Apple, you so sound like a good mom! Sounds like your sons love to be with you, too .

Adna- sorry to hear about your grandparents but glad you've enjoyed your weekend visit. Sounds like you got a much needed/deserved break from your job.

Rock and Obo- congrats on your milestones!

Kelly, apple, luc, chick, soli- y'all sound great- thanks for the inspiration.

Whether it's day 3 or 30, way to go fools- you're fabulous .
Old 08-05-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Solil,
Congrats on the upcoming month !!

..reading these last few pages has put a smile on my face today, y'all sound good !?!

Congrats on 6 weeks Rocks, ....

Freein, ...thank you for those earlier posts on getting started and pushing through my seemingly perpetual habit of procrastination. It's always taking longer than I'd ever imagined, but making some headway, I guess.
Trying to remind myself to just focus on progress, ...not perfection.

Present, ..keep us posted on the P90 workout , ..
The only guy I know who did it last year had some pretty good results.

Adna, ...hope your trip home from Fla. is a good one, ....
Old 08-05-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Tops, glad you're making progress with your project

Great work Solil

Sounds like we're all moving in the right direction today

I'm having an early night, so passing the baton over to everyone still enjoying Wednesday.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:37 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Too tired to type - long busy day at work & last summer concert in the Park (tribute band for Credence Clearwater) called a women friend with almost 20 years of sobriety & invited her earlier this week. Was a good, relaxing time....my big boys were there too. Night All
Old 08-06-2014, 12:29 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good morning all, its Wednesday today! Hope everyone enjoyed their Tuesday yesterday!
I was obviously trying to skip through the week a little too quickly.

I have a day off work today, getting my hair cut, doing some food shopping and hopefully doing a bit more to our little study room.

My nutritional changes are going fairly well, I'm buying a few supplements today to give me a kick start. However I'm struggling to fit in some exercise, and I'm sure this is the key to getting some energy back.
So I'm going to start by just committing to 5 minutes of skipping or strength training each day, this usually gets me started, and often I then go on to complete a whole half hour. But my mind seems to accept a 5 minute plan more readily than a full workout.

How's everyone else getting on movement wise?
Old 08-06-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Well, I'm still sober. But I think it's just moved to my ED more now... and when I have both under control, then I seem to move to other horrible coping methods so.... ugh. But!! The woman from the women for sobriety meeting called me, and is picking me up tomorrow for the meeting. Finally!! Finally I will be attending a meeting for sobriety.... I still haven't, btw. So. This is good!!

I'm also seeing some other person today, kind of like art therapy I think. So....I have a lot of issues, but also a lot of support. The ONE day I didn't rely on any of my coping methods, my anxiety got so bad, obsessing about everything (like omg all the people I love could be dying right now! They're camping? OMG getting eaten by BEARS!!!) and I also felt so horrible and wanted to get out of my mind..it was very painful.... but very revealing.

So. All of my unhealthy coping mechanisms are here for a reason. I want to keep venturing out into no-unhealthy-coping-method land, but I can only dip into that land in tiny bits at a time. Or else it's too much for me, I think. So much pain under it all!!

I don't want to start relying on my ED now instead of alcohol....and of course, I can't get complacent, I could still get back into that too. Ugh. This should really be for my journal!!! Sorry.

Anyway. I am sober today. I sat outside in the morning sun and it was so beautiful. I used to hate the sun, haha. But morning and evening sun is ok. Not so scary and mean to me, haha.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Sorry if my posts are so self-centred. I actually think about all of you every day, and hope that you're all doing ok.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Your post was fine Lucrezia, I'm glad you are still sober. I hope your meeting goes well!
Old 08-06-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good luck Luc!

For me, part of recovering is learning to focus on myself and my feelings so if that is considered self-centered so be it.

I spend all of my energy it seems sometimes on my family. I need to remember me, too...
Old 08-06-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

So true for us Mama's to remember Kat!
Old 08-06-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm back
I'm back in the saddle again