Old 08-07-2014, 10:53 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Just in case anyone has forgotten!

The Fools Bargain:

When the AV/gremlin rears its ugly head we:

1. Post on SR for support.

2. Drink some water/juice.

3. Eat a tasty snack.

4. Take some exercise, preferably outdoors in the fresh air.

5. Take a nap.

Happy start our fabulous sober weekend everyone.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:21 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Im in for the fools bargain freein!!!!

Friday night football....
Essendon v richmond.......
You beauty!

stay tuned......
Old 08-08-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good morning fools! I made it through a week, day 8 today. It feels really good to have a week behind me. I have been lucky that cravings have been very low. I pray it continues that way, but if not I'm trying to be ready for them.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, I will be thinking of you all!

Oh, and I'm all in on the fools bargan.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Like the positivity going into this weekend everyone! I'm on day 45 today. Starting to lose track of the days a bit, but I think that's good. I have a physical today. Haven't had one in like four years, so hoping everything is good with that. Been a little nervous about going to the doctor what with all the abuse I've been doing to myself, but I feel pretty good, so hopefully everything's good. So much talk of exercise here! I've been extremely lazy myself, but really need to get moving again. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Obo, enjoy the football! Hope the score goes your way.

Chickchick, great to hear you have a week under your belt

Rocks, I hope the physical goes well, you've made so much progress over the last 45 days, but it's still a good idea to get checked out.

The weekend has officially started here. It will be a couple of days of painting my new room, and if the weather's OK hopefully a bit of gardening too.

Happy sober start to the weekend Fools.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I am having anxiety about school starting as well. I am worried sick about my 5 yr old starting kindergarten!!!!! She will be in school all day 5 days a week. She only went to preschool twice a week for a few hours each day. We didn't qualify for free preschool and preschool was expensive so we just did two days so she could have social interaction. She didn't even enjoy it or learn much. It was more of a daycare. Almost all of the children here go to the free preschool or free pre-k.
She has never even been babysat by anyone other than family except twice. I am freaking out. From 7:45-3:00 will be so long for her. And I'm afraid she's going to be treated like an outsider and I'm afraid they are going to expect so much out of her because the other children went to the all day pre-k. I am so scared I haven't prepared her enough and I am mad that I have to worry about my 5 year old being prepared enough for kindergarten. I wish there wasn't so much pressure.
This brings tears to my eyes. I have spent 5 years almost every single day with my daughter taking care of her and protecting her. I just hope the teachers and everyone will be kind to her and show her love. The experience we had at the elementary school my son went to was such a nightmare!!!

On a positive note, I haven't had any slip ups. The restaurant we went to last night had bottles of wine on all of the tables > Red, too. My fave.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Solil

That was me about 40 years ago.
I cried a bit the first few days then got over it and made friends. I'm sure your daughter will be fine

D
Old 08-08-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

thanks Dee. I hope she does make friends. But it is going to break my heart if she cries! It wasn't nearly as hard with my son, especially since he only had to go half day kindergarten.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:05 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

My mum pretty much dumped me there and ran to avoid seeing me cry. I wasn't the only one tho - I think it's pretty standard

I'd only been to a kindy 2 days a week at most before that - I remember it was a huge adjustment - but I think kids are very resilient - I'm sure your daughter will be too

D
Old 08-08-2014, 11:54 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Anything new is a bit scary, but it's also essential for our growth and development. I expect it's more traumatic for you Solil, than your little one. She's probably half excited to be following her big brother.

It's a change for you both, but it should also be a good one.

Great job at the restaurant btw

Dee, any news on you're new home?
Old 08-09-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Saturday night,
geelong v port adelaide
roast chicken!

Back at Mum's for her birthday,
new installment tomorrow......

stay tuned.......
Old 08-09-2014, 04:06 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

no news yet Free but ready to spring into action anytime LOL

D
Old 08-09-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hi everyone.

I just lost everything I typed.

Congrats chick and rocks. .... I had to.

soli, I was more upset when my daughters started their first days of school than they were.

Hope you get good news soon Dee.

Just because I didn't mention you doesn't mean I'm not thinking about you all.

Have a great and sober day!!!
Old 08-09-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

It's been a good day here. Been painting and decluttering. I can see an end to the chaos, and it feels really good.

The boiler broke down this morning, but a very pleasant fellow has been to fix it, so we have hot water again. It's amazing how much we rely on these luxuries, when so many people don't even have access to clean water. Sometimes it's good when things go wrong, it reminds me to be grateful for so much.

I watched a documentary on alcoholism today. It made me realise how lucky we all are to be turning our backs on something so devastating and destructive. I pray that we will all continue on this path toward freedom, this is our chance to change our future.

I wish I'd made the decision to live free from alcohol years ago, but I'm glad I have done so now.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend,
Old 08-09-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Up, ....absolutely hate when that happens ( losing a post )

Obo, ..hope your mum had a wonderful birthday !

Freein,
Spent most of the last month and a half decluttering and trying to get the little place more manageable. It's been years !?!
We had torrential rain earlier, but it finally slowed enough to chip away at improving the road coming in here. Hopefully the wheelbarrows full of stone/dirt mix will clean up a little with more rain sometime in the future.
Was digging the stone from a section of road that never gets used anymore ( long story there )
.....so there's plenty there, ...just getting down to it is the challenge.

Convinced myself not to let it outsmart me though !?!
.....lo, ....apparently, sometimes a job involving shoveling will do that to me.

So, all in all, it's been a good day. Nothing as exciting as painting though !?!

Out there sweating like mad, it occurred to me how I would never think to dig and spread cubic yards of dirt and stone if I was still drinking. Not in 100 years. Well, I may make some ( in my mind ) bold attempt for an hour or so, and call it quits for another two weeks or, two months, ...or like now , years.

Rocks, I think it's a good thing you have so many days now, you're losing track of them !

Izzy, ...totally agree, ...this summer is just flying by !

Back to work tomorrow night !! Things slow down a little there in the fall, so it's a welcome season.

.......hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi folks,
I'm settling into being back in town, though I'll be leaving again in less than a month. It's been an unusually busy year of travel for me, though next year looks like it could be even busier.
I spent a very long day in my booth trying to sell my work today, with limited success, but it was fun to be back anyway. I really love that community, and feel very lucky to get to be a part of it. I spent part of the day showing SR and the newcomers forums to a friend and fellow vendor who is having a really hard time right now, and I hope she decides to sign in and start participating. The pain coming off of her is almost tangible, and it hurts just to witness it. It made me really think about and try to articulate how incredibly therapeutic and healing this place has been for me. I am so grateful for this place, and for every one of you. I was such a mess when I first got here, and I never could have gotten to where I am now without you. I don't even know how to describe the extent of my gratitude.
I had surprisingly strong urges to smoke herb last night, which really surprised me, since they seemed to come out of nowhere. It was easy enough to just let them wash through me, I never considered giving into them, but I was still surprised to have them at all. I don't think they were in response to anything, at least nothing I can pinpoint, so I don't know what it was about at all. I think that's the part that bothers me about the experience, the fact that I can't tie the urge to any particular feeling or event.
I hope all of you Fools are having a good and sober weekend so far.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:05 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Sunday 5.00pm.....
All quiet on the front.....
Hope all the fools are getting through the weekend!

Messy day, no time for the final installment.....
Ran into an old friend in the supermarket carpark, he too is sober. Talked of past times and of people we both know who haven't tried to get sober. Jail, death, suicide, divorce, seem to be the norm.
It's such an issue for australian men, so many affected.
Its a surprise the tv spends half the weekend telling you to go and have a beer......

Thank the universe for SR......

stay tuned..........
Old 08-10-2014, 12:34 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Adna, I have the same feelings of thankfulness about SR, and our fellow Fools. 3 months ago, I was feeling like there was no hope, I felt powerless, unable to commit to life without alcohol. And now, I've just checked the calender and its been 16 weeks since I took my final drink of poison! I can't quite believe it. I'm much healthier and happier, but the best thing for me is that I also have my personal power back.

Tops, making up a road is definitely a procrastinators nightmare! What a colossal achievement to make even a start on that. You can no longer call yourself a procrastinator - you're cured my friend
Obo, hope your day calms down a bit. I agree, the advertising of alcohol, it's everywhere. You just can't get away from it. Thank goodness we've said goodbye to that.

It's a wet and windy Sunday, just right for some more decluttering home here.

Hope everyone's doing well today.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hello fools. Hope everyone is doing well this weekend.

Today is day 120 clean and sober. Funny part is it's just another day to me. Same as yesterday and tomorrow. I'm doing this for the rest of my life so I guess that helps not focusing on trying to reach a certain day or number.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-10-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Congratulations UP,

I'm with you on the lifetime thing, it's definitely an all or nothing venture for me, I'm now a teatotaller, and happy to continue as such.

I'm only just behind you, 112 days, that's 16 weeks which is 4 months! Amazing.

Hope the rest of the team are doing well.

Any news from ST?